Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

Not to derail this thing, but we got the good news from Moderna today that we are hoping for. So that's two highly effective vaccines now. Again, much more important things going on than HHN, but it is another step towards the hope for a regular event next year.

Not to derail this thing, but we got the good news from Moderna today that we are hoping for. So that's two highly effective vaccines now. Again, much more important things going on than HHN, but it is another step towards the hope for a regular event next year.
While the vaccines are great news, even once people get vaccinated they aren't going to just magically stop letting you wear a mask. I think only once we've reached a high enough vaccination rate will we see COVID measures go away. And remember, the whole world has had to deal with this.

While the vaccines are great news, even once people get vaccinated they aren't going to just magically stop letting you wear a mask. I think only once we've reached a high enough vaccination rate will we see COVID measures go away.

Of course. If distribution becomes as widespread in the summer as analysts predict, then there is hope for a more regular Fall. We could also see some modifications for the event next year that aren't quite as extreme as what was done for the houses this year. Still a long ways away, but I'm definitely not throwing in the towel on a more normal event in 2021 at this point.

Larger companies like Disney & Universal pay to provide flu shots for their teams. I could see them doing the same to get priority in a public roll out (after the essential and at risk population is taken care of). While yes, they want to protect guests, the priority is protecting staff to keep the business operating and help create a safer atmosphere. Guests will be like they are now, "At Your Own Risk" with warning signs in place. If they choose to go into a public place unvaccinated, that's on them. TM/CM's have no real choice in order to do their jobs.

I think by Halloween of next year things should be closer to normal again.

While the vaccines are great news, even once people get vaccinated they aren't going to just magically stop letting you wear a mask. I think only once we've reached a high enough vaccination rate will we see COVID measures go away. And remember, the whole world has had to deal with this.
I think there's no question we'll have to wear a mask, and the scareactors too, but I think there's a legitimate chance that they could remove the other safety measures from the houses, such as plexiglass and distancing the scareactors from each other

Will we get a spec thread for next year? Sorry if this already been answered. With talks about hill house being taken down, and stuff just wondering if we get a thread next year?

Keep pulsing and allow house access during the daytime with valid admission to get as many people through without huge lines. This is the way.

But distancing by definition requires pulsing. If distancing is still required, there's no way to get any reasonable number of guests through these houses without opening up their hours of availability or greatly handicapping capacity.

I don't think we're ready for this kind of speculation anyway. It's pointless.