Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, it finally happened. I remember my first trip to Universal in October of 2011, and wondering why there were a bunch of rusty cars in New York and 7’s all over Hollywood, only to learn of a little something called Halloween Horror Nights. Flash forward 9 years, and I finally got to experience a Universal haunted house (two to be exact)! Finally getting to see the amazing sets and production value in person was beyond my wildest dreams, and I was grinning from ear to ear throughout both of the houses. Loved the sets and design in Bride but I loved all the scares in Tooth Fairy and the costumes and makeup were great in that house. I was so disappointed when what would have been my first HHN got cancelled, but now i’m looking forward to next year even more.

Well, it finally happened. I remember my first trip to Universal in October of 2011, and wondering why there were a bunch of rusty cars in New York and 7’s all over Hollywood, only to learn of a little something called Halloween Horror Nights. Flash forward 9 years, and I finally got to experience a Universal haunted house (two to be exact)! Finally getting to see the amazing sets and production value in person was beyond my wildest dreams, and I was grinning from ear to ear throughout both of the houses. Loved the sets and design in Bride but I loved all the scares in Tooth Fairy and the costumes and makeup were great in that house. I was so disappointed when what would have been my first HHN got cancelled, but now i’m looking forward to next year even more.

THIS!!! This is why i think it is a GREAT idea for Universal to always have a house or two available throughout the day. It gives park guests that might not normally do HHN a chance to experience what it could be all about! Yeah, you were planning on attending this year but 2020 happened, but i feel like a good amount of people on a normal year would test the waters and love it, thus buy an event ticket. Horror has had my attention my whole life, my doorway to HHN was when i was following online posts about the progression of IOA in 98/99... people started posting reviews of the event and i was enthralled. As the years past and Universal started upping their website for HHN i had the fever!

Hopefully we see you in the fog next year!

THIS!!! This is why i think it is a GREAT idea for Universal to always have a house or two available throughout the day. It gives park guests that might not normally do HHN a chance to experience what it could be all about! Yeah, you were planning on attending this year but 2020 happened, but i feel like a good amount of people on a normal year would test the waters and love it, thus buy an event ticket. Horror has had my attention my whole life, my doorway to HHN was when i was following online posts about the progression of IOA in 98/99... people started posting reviews of the event and i was enthralled. As the years past and Universal started upping their website for HHN i had the fever!

Hopefully we see you in the fog next year!
Except houses are expensive to staff. The support, the cast, ops, security all adds up to a bunch of money. I have no idea if the props cost a bunch or if they can reuse enough to be much less and just have to get new blood and gore to spice them up but the people are a huge cost.

Except houses are expensive to staff. The support, the cast, ops, security all adds up to a bunch of money. I have no idea if the props cost a bunch or if they can reuse enough to be much less and just have to get new blood and gore to spice them up but the people are a huge cost.
On top of which, HHN isn't an event that needs the push of a daytime house, for whatever dubious advertising value that holds (the poster above is a great anecdote, but that's not data).

Repairs alone would be expensive. Most of the houses are in shambles towards the end of a run and that's without daytime guests on top of the HHN crowd.

I haven't heard anything yet and I'm not touching that rumor.
I think it's desperation-level wishful thinking, and don't have much use for the Twitter user referenced, but I'll damned sure be there if it happens.

“Warner Brothers is twisting Universal’s hand and forcing them to open the Beetlejuice house for at least two days in 2020” that just sounds lowkey stupid