Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I totally understand that announcements rely on the collaboration of marketing and the IP owners, but it's moments like these that hopefully can freak them out into negotiating earlier announcement dates, for future HHN's, so as to avoid these kind of "leaks" from happening.

Did anyone doubt Poltergeist? And since this is clearly for Orlando, I'm just going to STILL hold my breath on for Hollywood about H4. I'm sure that's the same art that Hollywood will get, but that's not the mask in H4. So as an UBER FAN, I refuse to believe haha
What strikes me interested is that they are doing the whole market 3 properties just like last year. AHS, Shining, and Saw. All 3 were shared. The only other property we share is TrT which makes sense not to promote. So if Orlando is promoting those 3 it would make sense we are sharing those 3 (Even though Stranger Things and Poltergeist are confirmed).

Reactions: chris.g
Halloween 4 has some massive set pieces then. Hopefully they don’t use that awful mask but Murdy usually knocks it out of the park with Halloween. Also glad to see we’re getting OG Poltergeist instead of the remake

From memory, the movie starts at Smith's Grove and most of it takes place in one of the sheriff's homes and some parts of the school. I also just remember there's a lot of them running and driving around town trying to avoid Michael really. That being said, it's gonna be interesting to see how they can fit stuff in the Water World area.

From memory, the movie starts at Smith's Grove and most of it takes place in one of the sheriff's homes and some parts of the school. I also just remember there's a lot of them running and driving around town trying to avoid Michael really. That being said, it's gonna be interesting see how they can fit stuff in the Water World area.

There’s also a gas station kill IIRC. And also the ending scene which will probably be the exact same scene as it was in Halloween’s 2015 maze except this time with
Jamie Lloyd
instead of young Micheal. Really excited to see if they do the shotgun kill and also if they do the power outage

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Honestly, know with how hard getting certain IPs from WB will be these upcoming years, I won't be shocked if next year they get Halloween 5 for the event. Though I'm sure that'll most likely be the last one, since I'm not too sure if the ones owned by Dimension will be feasible.

Last edited:
Honestly, know with how hard getting certain IPs from WB will be these upcoming years, I won't be shocked if next year they get Halloween 5 for the event. Though I'm sure that'll most likely be the last one, since I'm not too sure if the ones owned by Dimension will be feasible.

If they go for Dimension IP’s they’ll want Scream first, hopefully Hellraiser too

I guess Jamie Llyod is gonna be the final scare as her in a clown costume. Also really like the artwork of the H4, ST, and Poltergiest. Really fits the theme.

Reactions: horrornights789
I'm guessing at this point Poltergeist would most likely be the next announcement, what with Murdy being under the impression the next maze being announced is in the backlot, it's shared with Orlando, and this "official/unofficial announcement", it would be best to rip that band-aid off now. Followed by Halloween 4 then.

I guess Jamie Llyod is gonna be the final scare as her in a clown costume. Also really like the artwork of the H4, ST, and Poltergiest. Really fits the theme.

Same. Everything in it flows pretty well together and the Poltergeist TV looks creepy and Micheal looks amazing. So really the only house we don’t know confirmed things on at this point is Blumhouse; Orlando’s will have HDD and The First Purge.

I'm actually pretty happy with getting H4 so long as they use the Michael mask design from 2015 and 2016 as opposed to the one from the movie, because god does that version look awful.

Welp three scare zones will have Stilt walkers

Guessing two already mentioned by Murdy, HellsHarvest and Holidayz (already confirmed to have Stilt's)...the Third, however..that's the fair question.

I'd doubt it'd be possible for the Tunnel, due to space limitations, and I think it would look somewhat tacky for TrT.

The third..I'll keep quiet on guessing for now.

I'm actually pretty happy with getting H4 so long as they use the Michael mask design from 2015 and 2016 as opposed to the one from the movie, because god does that version look awful.
I was wondering, where and who made the Michael Myers masks for 2015 and 16, and second, will they use TRT Studios masks?

I was wondering, where and who made the Michael Myers masks for 2015 and 16, and second, will they use TRT Studios masks?
I just realized Boneyard FX was in charge of Michael those years, which doesn't bode well for getting those designs. And they have used some TRT Studios masks in past years so as bad as those tend to look I wouldn't be surprised if they use them.

What strikes me interested is that they are doing the whole market 3 properties just like last year. AHS, Shining, and Saw. All 3 were shared. The only other property we share is TrT which makes sense not to promote. So if Orlando is promoting those 3 it would make sense we are sharing those 3 (Even though Stranger Things and Poltergeist are confirmed).
Isn't it because Orlando's theme is 80's and all of those either are 80's films or based in the 80's.

Isn't it because Orlando's theme is 80's and all of those either are 80's films or based in the 80's.
All 3 take place in the 80's and Poltergeist and H4 are 80's films. It doesn't mean that we aren't sharing Halloween 4. I mean they are doing the First Purge too in Horrors of Blumhouse as well as us doing a Solo First Purge maze and that has nothing to do with the 80's.

All 3 take place in the 80's and Poltergeist and H4 are 80's films. It doesn't mean that we aren't sharing Halloween 4. I mean they are doing the First Purge too in Horrors of Blumhouse as well as us doing a Solo First Purge maze and that has nothing to do with the 80's.

Wait, I'm confused...I thought you were why Trick r Treat wasn't included in that image if that ends up being the event focus image...