Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So it looks extremely likely that BJ is out and we’re getting two repeats.

Freaking yikes.

What is Hollywood’s problem!? What is up with their obsession with black walls, creative laziness, and recycling old IPs instead of giving us what fans want?
It's likely not hollywoods fault. IP rights holders get antsy, stuff happens. Gets hard to give fans what they want when outside companies are forcing you to pull things last minute. Eilish is a good example, dropping her maze wasnt either coasts choice. As much as I agree that direct repeats are a pretty lame substitute for what could have been, I don't really blame the team for doing what they have to do.
Now which mazes they choose to repeat, that's something I think we can probably criticize them for. Like, if these Exorcist rumors are true, I really don't see why they couldn't repeat something better recieved, or even something older than 2016 to justify it being basically a throwback maze. Unless they actually go through and revise and enhance what they had for exorcist, I think I would've preferred seeing La Llorona or El Cucuy come back, even if its just for nostalgias sake.

When Exorcist comes back, you know it’s going to be worse than the last iteration.
Honestly, even if it's an exact copy and paste, I feel like it could be improved from its location alone. As much as I wish the soundstage was used for something new, that would warrant the scale better, and as cheap as most of the scares in Exorcist are, it worked a heck of a lot better in the dark, and putting it in a soundstage could guarantee that. Obviously this is just wishful thinking, but I honestly don't see what they'd even be able to cut to make it worse, since I doubt the black walls cost enough to warrant cutting scenes for budget reasons.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Y’all complain too much, can we please be happy we’re getting an event because the Hollywood forum is always so negative about things. By all means, feel free to express frustration but also consider:

-Exorcist (assuming it is coming back) is gonna be in the SoundStage! They may make it bigger and better than before
-The website is saying we’ll have scarezones!
-Pandora’s Box is coming back and whether ya liked it or not, it means new people at the event may be able to experience a house irl they saw on YouTube and thought they would never get to do.
-The TCM house looks pretty cool from what we can see of it!

I get that there’s disappointment about a lot of things, the black walls, how poorly Universal is managing things, Beetlejuice goin away, etc. But this forum needs some positivity in it. Please.

Y’all complain too much, can we please be happy we’re getting an event because the Hollywood forum is always so negative about things. By all means, feel free to express frustration but also consider:

-Exorcist (assuming it is coming back) is gonna be in the SoundStage! They may make it bigger and better than before
-Pandora’s Box is coming back and whether ya liked it or not, it means new people at the event may be able to experience a house irl they saw on YouTube and thought they would never get to do.

I get that there’s disappointment about a lot of things, the black walls, how poorly Universal is managing things, Beetlejuice goin away, etc. But this forum needs some positivity in it. Please.
As much as I'd prefer something else over Exorcist, and I don't like the trends it inspired, when it worked in 2016 it really really worked, in terms of being scary at least. Always could've been worse, its not a Forever Purge maze or Blumhouse 3 featuring The Hunt and Paranormal Activity 7.

Reactions: Carl

Yeah, I’m all in. Sucks about Beetlejuice. I really wanted that, but everything else seems really on point AND we get scare zones! I just am excited to hear what they’ll do to replace the Jabs dancers. I never liked them. I think it’ll be a good event. And Terror Tram would be great. I miss The Walking Dead too.

So it looks extremely likely that BJ is out and we’re getting two repeats.

Freaking yikes.

What is Hollywood’s problem!? What is up with their obsession with black walls, creative laziness, and recycling old IPs instead of giving us what fans want?

Two?

Exorcist and Pandora, I assume.

When you say repeats, are you talking the legit same layout etc, or a repeating property? Pandora is most likely the only repeating layout etc. However when it comes to repeating properties...Exorcist, Pandora, TCM, Halloween make four. Five if TWD return. (With that being the 2nd repeating layout for obvious reasons.)

Edit: Forgot Halloween, though that's a trickier spot since H3 is quite a bit different from the MM films.

Last edited:
When you say repeats, are you talking the legit same layout etc, or a repeating property? Pandora is most likely the only repeating layout etc. However when it comes to repeating properties...Exorcist, Pandora, TCM make three. Four if TWD return. (With that being the 2nd repeating layout for obvious reasons.)
I'm talking strict copy and paste, since although TCM is probably gonna be about 85% reused props from 2012 and 2016, its in a new location with a sort of new facade, so it has to be a new design by default. TWD definitely counts if it ends up coming back though, so thats a bare minimum 3 direct design repeats. In terms of franchise repeats, thats technically the entire event aside from Hill House, since on top of the previous mentioned ones we've had Universal Monsters and Halloween plenty of times before.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I was talking Exorcist and Pandora’s as I can’t imagine they will be any different than their previous iterations....but I forgot about TCM

I think Exorcist does have the potential to benefit from this; admittedly enough. For one, they'll have a larger amount of control for light flow; and if the maze condenses bits; it should turn up for the betterment (Especially if they decide to expand on a few scenes with the larger space, like the ruins of Pazazu for instance).

Reactions: hhnlover
If Exorcist was planned from the beginning and in SS29 I'd have hope, but HHN doesn't have a good track record when they have to shift things mid course.