Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, I know it's a little early to speculate, but having seen the new one I really hope they somehow manage Candyman next year. Seems like they could pretty easily fit the original and the requel into 1 maze.
Rights wise it also seems negotiable, since the original was made by a studio whos assets are now owned by universal and it was distributed by a subsidiary of sony, who the even has worked with as recently as 2019 with ghostbusters, and the new one is MGM and Monkey Paw aside from universal, both of which they've worked with in the last few years. Obviously we've learned theres many more factors that go into rights negotiations and execution, but I think it's probably the best opportunity to do it next year assuming everyones willing to play ball.
I think Candyman might be another get out/ invisible man situation where creative doesn’t thing they can do the subject matter it tackles proper justice with a maze

Lol

The one year I don't go they have Potter rides open. Well hopefully they do this every year,

Also still not sure why SLOP which gets 90 mins isn't open, I don't care if for kids is the excuse. I bet that ride would have over 60 mins most nights and over 90 mins on busy nights

I think this is a smart move. I've always wanted to see more HHN-exclusive food like Orlando does.

Also if they were smart, they would have an open-air stage show for additional entertainment. Have some sort of generic freak show or tribute band. It'll get people to buy more drinks and keep them out of lines.

Last edited:
I think this is a smart move. I've always wanted to see more HHN-exclusive food like Orlando does.

Also if they were smart, they would have an open-air stage show for additional entertainment. Have some sort of generic freak show or tribute band. It'll get people to buy more drinks and keep them out of lines.
I would agree if it wasnt right next to the scarezones and Bride. Tribute band music bleeding into other areas isnt exactly good for atmosphere.

Reactions: Crazy4Horror

This is a smart move, and I will argue it works rather well for this location. Allows for a more centralized and contained "party" zone, that allows for exclusive food and merch sales to occur, ontop of any potential live entertainment that comes around over the course.

Could this intrude on Bride and Scream Queenz? Probably, but it adds more life and more things for people to do than just mazes. I am perfectly good with this.

Reactions: Freak
Going back to Harry Potter being open for a second... was it just me, or was there once talk of having Death Eaters? Any word on that?

Also, I love it when my tweets end up here. :grin:
I doubt itll be a nightly thing if it happens at all, they might do what they did with Dark Arts in 2019 and just have it announced like the night before and only do it for like 2 nights.

Going back to Harry Potter being open for a second... was it just me, or was there once talk of having Death Eaters? Any word on that?

Also, I love it when my tweets end up here. :grin:
That was a thing In 2018. Pretty sure I heard Legacy talk about it. They’ve actually gone as far as trying out costumes for scareactors, but it was cut last minute.

How about Dark Arts? In 2019, the show aired; yes? With Orlando bringing back Nighttime Lights, I wonder if Hollywood may bring it in as an extra way (even without drones or pyro)

The show aired the final nights, I believe, without pyro/drones. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it this year on peak nights, but if they did, it would again be projections only.

The show aired the final nights, I believe, without pyro/drones. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it this year on peak nights, but if they did, it would again be projections only.

That's my assumption too.

The good thing with Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, and Dias De Los Muertos (even if it probably has partnership backing thanks to Modelo) all being alongside Jabbawockeez; is that it's finally going to pull more people to do more than just the mazes; something that IMO, has been long overdue.

Hoping management sees this successful; especially if Dark Arts plays during the more "Hell time" periods.

Also starting to get a good feel on how queue management will be done for TWDA and Bride, especially if the two share DMMM's overflow in some way or shape. Not a bad year to be honest; has the potential to have a better ebb and flow than before.

That's my assumption too.

The good thing with Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff, and Dias De Los Muertos (even if it probably has partnership backing thanks to Modelo) all being alongside Jabbawockeez; is that it's finally going to pull more people to do more than just the mazes; something that IMO, has been long overdue.

Hoping management sees this successful; especially if Dark Arts plays during the more "Hell time" periods.

Also starting to get a good feel on how queue management will be done for TWDA and Bride, especially if the two share DMMM's overflow in some way or shape. Not a bad year to be honest; has the potential to have a better ebb and flow than before.
I really don’t think they have to worry much about TWDA’s queue. At the most, the extended queue would probably only require one zig zag that goes all the way up to SLoP and then back down to TWDA’s entrance. Everyone has done it at this point.

But yeah, one of the biggest glaring flaws besides the rehashed IPs and black wallz was the lack of entertainment. They improved on that a little bit in 2019 by having a stage in the lower lot for entertainment. I’m glad to see they’re finally addressing that this year. If they have Dark Arts going with both Potter rides open, that would be a great help with crowds. You’d be surprised how many people go just to do one or two mazes and then just do rides. I know several people that are like that (Which is why I make a mental note to not go to HHN with them.:lol:) There is also the “party people” that like to go just to do a maze or two and get buzzed so that will appeal to them.

But yeah, I feel pretty good about opening night. Terror Tram along with Potter being open and having a food and drink plaza will help significantly with lines. I hope they keep up the drinks and food plaza along with more street entertainment. I’m glad to see the event finally address this. The event really needs more entertainment and HHN-exclusive food/drink offerings.

I like the Day of the Dead thing. I find it interesting that the banner says “Celebramos Dia De Los Muertos” in Spanish. What I also find interesting is that HHN isn’t even running into November this year which is when Day of The Dead is. It just seems random with no maze or scarezone to accompany it. Maybe we’ll see some skeletons from the Holidayz in Hell scarezone in 2018.

Is USH possibly testing the waters with Hispanic people to see how they react and possibly try another Hispanic maze in the future? As a Mexican/Spanish-speaker myself I love that they’re doing this.

I remember someone on here mentioning that Mitch had already planned a Mexican/origins original maze. I would like a Day if The Dead maze. It would be awesome to see them implement all the flowers and masks throughout a maze.

Last edited:
They dabbled with this a bit with La Llorna. But I also wouldn't argue more attention given to the enormous Latin market. When I did USH on the last few New Year Eve events, the Latin Dance Floor was LIT and easily the most energized of the dance floors.

Reactions: chris.g
La Llorna was a cool idea but I never felt those mazes were that good.

I would loveeeee more different kinda mazes but hopefully they put the work in and no just slap a maze on a meh maze.