Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got an email to take a survey which was confidential, so I can't speak to the survey, but I can say what was in the email, which was says it is a survey about Halloween Horror Nights at Hollywood, so without giving any info, it definitely is something the creative team is thinking about.
I received too !

Between the survey that seemed very promising, vaccination now at 30% of Californians and it's only beginning of April, Murdy and Chris back to business, and what appears to be construction resuming.... I AM HYPED.

Between the survey that seemed very promising, vaccination now at 30% of Californians and it's only beginning of April, Murdy and Chris back to business, and what appears to be construction resuming.... I AM HYPED.
Vaccinations are more at 40% with over 60% by the end of April! Looking good! Indoor concerts are allowed beginning April 15.

I agree. I can't believe people are already pre-complaining about an event that hasn't even been announced yet. Halloween was essentially canceled last year, and so many changes will need to be put in place, anyone who's thinks it going to be anything like before the pandemic needs to get their expectations in check. There's going to have to be a whole new playbook, and everyone's figuring it out as it goes. They're going to do the best they can, but no matter what, it likely won't match what some of you seem to think is possible.

If anyone's convinced this is going to be awful, do us all a favor and stay home. Then everybody's happy.

I agree. I can't believe people are already pre-complaining about an event that hasn't even been announced yet. Halloween was essentially canceled last year, and so many changes will need to be put in place, anyone who's thinks it going to be anything like before the pandemic needs to get their expectations in check. There's going to have to be a whole new playbook, and everyone's figuring it out as it goes. They're going to do the best they can, but no matter what, it likely won't match what some of you seem to think is possible.

If anyone's convinced this is going to be awful, do us all a favor and stay home. Then everybody's happy.
The COVID guidelines are not what I'm concerned about. My concern becomes that this will be somewhat similar to the event prior. Just massive massive budget cuts. While I see the excuse this time because they had lost a lot of money to COVID it doesn't really explain why 2017 - 2019 were also terrible.

So my concerns do not boil down to that it is going mess COVID guidelines. It boils down to giving us another underwhelming year (Which I can understand this time but at the same time it doesn't explain why 2017-2019 were terrible).

I'll still go and see if the mazes are terrible, if they are then I'll have a good time with friends and make fun of them. If they're good then I'll most likely point out why I enjoy them.

The COVID guidelines are not what I'm concerned about. My concern becomes that this will be somewhat similar to the event prior. Just massive massive budget cuts. While I see the excuse this time because they had lost a lot of money to COVID it doesn't really explain why 2017 - 2019 were also terrible.

So my concerns do not boil down to that it is going mess COVID guidelines. It boils down to giving us another underwhelming year (Which I can understand this time but at the same time it doesn't explain why 2017-2019 were terrible).

I'll still go and see if the mazes are terrible, if they are then I'll have a good time with friends and make fun of them. If they're good then I'll most likely point out why I enjoy them.
I think if they build any more houses they should be something safe and not very detailed. Bring back creepshow rather then hill house or make beetlejuice more of a original then trying to recreate detailed sets from the movie

I think if they build any more houses they should be something safe and not very detailed. Bring back creepshow rather then hill house or make beetlejuice more of a original then trying to recreate detailed sets from the movie
I feel like they conflicts a bit though. Something not very detailed is typically not fun. People want fun mazes that's why in 2017 not a lot of people went the last few weeks because they went to Knotts for fun mazes that were detailed.

My criticism stems from that we didn't have a Halloween last year and they're most likely gonna come back with a bunch of black walls in a safe environment instead of well designed and fun mazes in a safe environment (Ex: Tooth Fairy, Bride, Beetlejuice all from HHN Orlando).

They aren't gonna use it a motivation to make better mazes since people didn't get a Halloween in 2020. They'll ultimately make a safe but boring environment versus Orlando who is most likely going to create a safe and enjoyable environment.

It could literally be a repeat of the 3 worst mazes they've ever done and I'd still be happy to pay $70 to go. I won't hold this year to any standard or judgment. I'll nitpick next year. They could rename it to Halloween Celebration Nights for all I care. Just grateful we're all back and having fun.

Totally get where you're coming from.

At the same time, damn I'm the only one that loved 2019 aren't I.
You just might be, but don’t worry, I will enjoy this season if it happens just because
Honestly most people I talked to including myself really enjoyed 2019. Wasn't perfect but was far from bad.
I feel like the community in general hardcore flip flops on how they feel about certain years seemingly at random.
That’s how I feel about 2017. I was shocked that ppl on YouTube didn’t like it.

You just might be, but don’t worry, I will enjoy this season if it happens just because

That’s how I feel about 2017. I was shocked that ppl on YouTube didn’t like it.
I'm probably a bit too generous to a lot of the events aspects, but I can kinda see where the criticisms of 2017 were coming from. Still had a good time which is what ultimately matters to me, but it would have been nice if they had the extra budget to fill in the neglected bits. I can't legitimately say there have been any years ive attended that were all around awful, individual attractions sure, but as a whole the worst I can say about any of the years I've attended is that they were just fine.