Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is no stopping the black walls or "transitional portals" lol, there always going to be used in some form of way to help cover the scareactors, I'm expecting the Hollywood version of Beetlejuice to be so spectacular but probably passable to get people talking and of course the most interactive one. I could see them maybe just going the same layout as KKFOS especially with the Beetlesnake and Snakeworm with black background and flashing light.

Last edited:
There is no stopping the black walls or "transitional portals" lol, there always going to be used in some form of way to help cover the scareactors, I'm expecting the Hollywood version of Beetlejuice to be so spectacular but probably passable to get people talking and of course the most interactive one. I could see them maybe just going the same layout as KKFOS especially with the Beetlesnake and Snakeworm with black background and flashing light.
I mean lots of other haunts don't suffer from the same black wall issue, but other haunts arent also being pushed to have more and more mazes every year spreading the budget thinner every year like HHN in hollywood tends to. I really don't know what goes on in management that makes them not want to devote more budget towards hollywood, but I think in general black walls are more often than not the product of a resource issue first and foremost.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I mean lots of other haunts don't suffer from the same black wall issue, but other haunts arent also being pushed to have more and more mazes every year spreading the budget thinner every year like HHN in hollywood tends to. I really don't know what goes on in management that makes them not want to devote more budget towards hollywood, but I think in general black walls are more often than not the product of a resource issue first and foremost.
It's whatever, I'm sure they'll detail the maze as much as they can the money will show of course, the way did ST their first year, they detailed, the second one alright but it's just how much they put into it, same they did with KKFOS, there will be some parts that will be more presenting than others and I can see them doing that with Beetlejuice, they'll keep it as entertaining as they can.

To ponder on the question, now that it seems much more likely that California might actually remove capacity restrictions on June 15th (Barring deadlines)--what's the current outlook on Horrah? They still looking at HHNLite Hollywood edition?

man, i went in 2019 and couldn't even do anything because the air quality was so bad from the fires. i waited in line for ghostbusters for 20 minutes, my best friend straight up couldn't breathe and had an asthma attack, and we had to go home.

i'd settle for a black wall maze and vomit smell at this point. :puke:

Did you guys step out and go sit on the curb there next to the line while staff eventually came over and helped a bit? It’d be crazy if it was you and your friend, but I was in line for Ghostbusters and I witnessed that same thing happen... Two women in line, and one of them started getting visibly affected after 20-30 minutes and I remember she was getting so bad that her companion and her got out of line and sat on the curb because she looked like she was struggling to breathe. If that was you and your friend, I hope she ended up being okay! (And even if it wasn’t, I still hope she and the person I saw were okay.)

To ponder on the question, now that it seems much more likely that California might actually remove capacity restrictions on June 15th (Barring deadlines)--what's the current outlook on Horrah? They still looking at HHNLite Hollywood edition?
As restrictions are being lifted at breakneck speed (to my pleasant surprise), I actually could see my "best case scenario" actually playing out (Which I mentioned a few pages ago).

I feel at this point, if we end up with Lite, it'll only be due to budget.
I think it would be stupid to just do a non-HHN at this point. They would make way more money doing a full-blown event. They already have several assets they can re-use.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Did you guys step out and go sit on the curb there next to the line while staff eventually came over and helped a bit? It’d be crazy if it was you and your friend, but I was in line for Ghostbusters and I witnessed that same thing happen... Two women in line, and one of them started getting visibly affected after 20-30 minutes and I remember she was getting so bad that her companion and her got out of line and sat on the curb because she looked like she was struggling to breathe. If that was you and your friend, I hope she ended up being okay! (And even if it wasn’t, I still hope she and the person I saw were okay.)

Wasn't us but I'm not surprised it happened to other people! The air quality was horrid. I was surprised they had TM's out in it.

Pretty sure theres a tent up there basically every year around this time of year. Is it potentially there to protect HHN materials from the elements? Maybe. Is it a maze? nah.

That area is often used for production holding. Many large props are also stored there. This tent could be used to protect some of those elements or as part of a nearby production.

There's also no good way to access this area from the theme park without crossing essential backstage roads. Don't bet on it.

I wonder what inspired the creative team to do H3?

It's an available Halloween property that they can stretch to include Michael Myers. Expect a "Blood Brothers" semi-original treatment with the Season of the Witch branding and locations.

Wasn't us but I'm not surprised it happened to other people! The air quality was horrid. I was surprised they had TM's out in it.

It was really awful for the actors, many of whom couldn't continue with normal sets. Masks were also distributed way too late to make a difference. Many got sick.