Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Llorona, I think Parisian will allow for a fresh new layout even if the scenes are the same as the original maze. Curious to see if Murdy brings back the iconic drowned river scene

That's a very good question, since I do recall Murdy mentioning that's a scene he might not do nowadays considering he now has kids, so that scene hits a lot differently now compared to when the maze first came out.

I do feel it still should be done in some capacity, since it is part of the lore and its one of the reasons that maze has such a stunning atmosphere of dread.

Talking on the future of IP's, and assuming if things are turning out; this will be the first year Universal (through Hollywood) works with Amazon Pictures, correct? With both Killer Klowns and Candyman in some way or shape, affected through MGM being brought into the Amazon Pictures hold? I wonder if that might influence things for the future, especially if this may be the start or not of more.

My understanding of the reasoning behind Amazon buying MGM was to be able to make money off the IPs through driving Amazon Prime subscriptions and Bond sequels. If Universal is willing to pay a licensing fee and advertise Prime, I think Amazon will play ball.

That's a very good question, since I do recall Murdy mentioning that's a scene he might not do nowadays considering he now has kids, so that scene hits a lot differently now compared to when the maze first came out.

I do feel it still should be done in some capacity, since it is part of the lore and its one of the reasons that maze has such a stunning atmosphere of dread.
This would probably be worse for Murdy, but I would love to see an alternate angle of the scene where we walk beneath the surface of the river and see the children’s lifeless faces staring facedown above us.

No way they would have the guts to do that nowadays, but that would definitely compensate for the lack of space Parisian has compared to the former Shrek queue.

Parisian Courtyard has actually a good amount of space. It all comes down to maze design/layout. For YEARS fans would talk crap about the Sprung Tents "size" in Orlando & claim only Soundstages had good houses (completely ignoring the years where they were pretty terrible).

Let's also take Exorcist for example. It was scary AF in 2016 located in Mummy. 2021, they put it in SS29 but as a mirror image for rooms & it didn't flow right.

Parisian won't allow them to copy/paste Shrek Queue's maze layout. Who knows, maybe Murdy & crew will introduce new scenes or reinvent scenes that will improve them.

But I do agree that an underwater view would be hauntingly epic & it'd be as if we drowned too. *cue the spinning light hallway gimmick from Titans of Terror lol

Talking on the future of IP's, and assuming if things are turning out; this will be the first year Universal (through Hollywood) works with Amazon Pictures, correct? With both Killer Klowns and Candyman in some way or shape, affected through MGM being brought into the Amazon Pictures hold? I wonder if that might influence things for the future, especially if this may be the start or not of more.

Obviously things can turn out different but I can't really imagine Amazon being precious about their IP (provided, of course, they offer the same deals that MGM did, which is not guaranteed).

I would love to see an alternate angle of the scene where we walk beneath the surface of the river and see the children’s lifeless faces staring facedown above us.
The insane thing is I was just thinking about an alternate way to do that scene in that venue and that's the solution I came up with. If you and I both came up with it separately, I have to imagine a version of this crossed their minds to put in the maze. We'd basically be walking on the lake bed, looking up, with aqua lights and underwater sound fx. Very easy room to do.

Reactions: Freak

giphy.gif

I feel like 80% of the comments on HHN's social media latest pic advertisement are all request for Stranger Things S4 and specifically with the new villain Vecna.

I know it's not well-speculated at this point, but if Universal were able to sneak it in, it'd be a huge hit at the event. If not this year, the demand makes me think it'll just haaaave to come next year (but then again, I've thought that about It, Conjuring, etc. etc...)

LOL I'll never understand the absolute hate these boards gave the ST mazes. I liked both of them, but especially the S2 one.

I loved the first year. The maze where they combined seasons didn’t do it for me, though. We had a bad time and I heard a lot of the same things from several people I know who went through that year.

That being said, I was feeling major Stranger Things fatigue there for a bit, but this new season has been great so far. I’d be more than happy to see them take a stab at it again.

Reactions: JS610
The S1 maze was pretty good. S2 was so bad they hit the panic button and had emergency meetings about how to improve it post-opening.
Yeah, the first 1/3 of it having no scares was a bit lame, but it was pretty aggressive for me after that. I prefer it much more than that year's Ghostbusters, Pandora's Box and House of 1000 Corpses by a LARGE margin because those three I genuinely despise.

I loved the first year. The maze where they combined seasons didn’t do it for me, though. We had a bad time and I heard a lot of the same things from several people I know who went through that year.

That being said, I was feeling major Stranger Things fatigue there for a bit, but this new season has been great so far. I’d be more than happy to see them take a stab at it again.
Yeah, I feel like only my friends and I liked it. We were all talking about how it was one of the best of the night the two times I went through it with two different friend groups. Only to hear everyone else poo-poo on it. Felt like I was seeing an entirely different maze.

I feel like 80% of the comments on HHN's social media latest pic advertisement are all request for Stranger Things S4 and specifically with the new villain Vecna.

I know it's not well-speculated at this point, but if Universal were able to sneak it in, it'd be a huge hit at the event. If not this year, the demand makes me think it'll just haaaave to come next year (but then again, I've thought that about It, Conjuring, etc. etc...)
I thought I'd never want another Stranger Things maze again until I watched this season. It's loaded with genuinely scary scenes and classic horror movie homages, such a good fit for Horror Nights that it's not even funny. I feel the prior seasons didn't have enough horror to effectively create the atmosphere they'd need, but this year it would be SO easy.
Shame that it's almost certainly not gonna happen at this point. Netflix did do that drive-through thing during the pandemic though, I wouldn't be surprised if they just did their own haunt.

LOL I'll never understand the absolute hate these boards gave the ST mazes. I liked both of them, but especially the S2 one.
The HHN Gods have spited us, as seeing that even one person enjoyed the Stranger Things house, we will never receive a Scream house as a result... heartbreaking

Reactions: salismetho
It's loaded with genuinely scary scenes and classic horror movie homages, such a good fit for Horror Nights that it's not even funny. I feel the prior seasons didn't have enough horror to effectively create the atmosphere they'd need, but this year it would be SO easy.
Shame that it's almost certainly not gonna happen at this point. Netflix did do that drive-through thing during the pandemic though, I wouldn't be surprised if they just did their own haunt.
I agree with this 100%. I felt there wasn't enough material in the prior seasons, that it wasn't enough "horror," and that they had to basically create a horror tone to make it work. Which, for me, it did, but I can tell it didn't work for anyone else. I'd love it if they did their own Haunt. At this point, they have to. SOOO many people want to encounter Vecna. I have no idea how the end of this season will shake out, but it'd be best to strike while this villain is hot.

The HHN Gods have spited us, as seeing that even one person enjoyed the Stranger Things house, we will never receive a Scream house as a result... heartbreaking
This cursed blunder shall fall... in time... a sacrifice must be made...

Status
Not open for further replies.