Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to stick with maze lol my friends all know them as mazes, they're called mazes pretty much everywhere else on the West Coast when talking about other events, and the word is just easier/faster/nicer sounding to say. I don't think either term is entirely accurate, so I don't see the need for it to be changed. "Haunted attraction" is the best all encompassing, but is obviously too long.

Maze is just fine.

Knott's started this whole trend in the 1970s. They called them mazes then, I'll still call them mazes now. It's probably a west coast thing because of the long history of Knott's.

While I personally dislike this move, I can see why Universal would do it: not only would it add synergy to both Universal coasts, but would also distinguish it from Knott's.

Old habits die hard, and there seems to be no harm caused by continuing to call them mazes casually. At the same time, I won't attack anyone for calling it a house. To each their own.

Knott's started this whole trend in the 1970s. They called them mazes then, I'll still call them mazes now. It's probably a west coast thing because of the long history of Knott's.

While I personally dislike this move, I can see why Universal would do it: not only would it add synergy to both Universal coasts, but would also distinguish it from Knott's.

Old habits die hard, and there seems to be no harm caused by continuing to call them mazes casually. At the same time, I won't attack anyone for calling it a house. To each their own.
I've always seen it pretty half/half on boards like these when talking about HHN. It's never bothered me and shouldn't bother anyone else lol. Call them whatever you want. At this point, a good chunk of users on this board just call them "black wallz" and to be honest, that is almost fair.

I'm personally not as invested in mazes vs houses, but at the same time I still call the movie studio "Fox" so I can't fault anyone for using the old habits argument lol.

It's so weird that Monsterpalooza is coming up this weekend, but we won't get an HHN panel.

Most likely Midsummer Scream, but I'm hoping for another announcement or two before that. At this rate, the facades will announce Hollywood's lineup

• Haha
Reactions: Horror Lover
That maze suffered from the cramped Parisian Courtyard layout.. which is what I fear for La Llorona, now that I think about it.. but will benefit from the open space of a tent..
I forgot how small the Shrek tent really was, it's amazing what they managed to squeeze in that venue every year. I think the shift to Parisian shouldn't be too much of an issue if they're keeping it pretty close to the original scene layout.
HHN La Llorona 2011 Layout.png

I wonder if they will add corn to the large entrance to the rumored Scarecrow house.

If Murdy decides to add corn, then I hope the hurricane/corn curse does not travel over to Hollywood this year... :look:

That's what I'm wanting to see, albeit hopefully. Though if that happens, I wonder if they'd go for fake corn, or try to bring in actual stuff from some of the fields up north.

We'll probably just be cursed with the traditional "opening weekend downpour" that Orlando always gets.

As for Llorona, I think Parisian will allow for a fresh new layout even if the scenes are the same as the original maze. Curious to see if Murdy brings back the iconic drowned river scene

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Talking on the future of IP's, and assuming if things are turning out; this will be the first year Universal (through Hollywood) works with Amazon Pictures, correct? With both Killer Klowns and Candyman in some way or shape, affected through MGM being brought into the Amazon Pictures hold? I wonder if that might influence things for the future, especially if this may be the start or not of more.

Status
Not open for further replies.