Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could at least see some effort being put in this original, its too late for an ip to really come in as it was said earlier that Legacy did debunked it, many of us were sorta confused on whether or not both coasts would pull the trigger in finding an ip replacement, I think this original will hopefully be at least decent and possibly good, maybe better what Murdy tried with Pandora's Box, he's definitely been researching stuff for this year's event not sure what could be for what, some could be mostly for the Tram and some for the zones, as for replacement hopefully its an enjoyable experience.

Reactions: chris.g
Given the speculation that has come of us doing an original as Evil Dead's Replacement...can we just, talk? About how that essentially places Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2022 as the largest supply of "Original" experiences in the "Revival" period beginning from 2006?

2 Original-IP's with Legends Collide and The Weeknd; 3 Original Concepts with La Llorona, the potential Scarecrow maze and whatever TWDA becomes; Scarezones all being original; and the Terror Tram as in the Spec Maps having Hollywood Harry be featured. In all of the years since Murdy has taken on the event, he and his team have not gotten this massive with original content.

Could be not as good when we see the final products; but I gotta give the potential hat to Murdy for going head-first into this aspect, when we've had large patches of years with IP's as the "Primary" in straight-forward takes.

Given the speculation that has come of us doing an original as Evil Dead's Replacement...can we just, talk? About how that essentially places Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2022 as the largest supply of "Original" experiences in the "Revival" period beginning from 2006?

2 Original-IP's with Legends Collide and The Weeknd; 3 Original Concepts with La Llorona, the potential Scarecrow maze and whatever TWDA becomes; Scarezones all being original; and the Terror Tram as in the Spec Maps having Hollywood Harry be featured. In all of the years since Murdy has taken on the event, he and his team have not gotten this massive with original content.

Could be not as good when we see the final products; but I gotta give the potential hat to Murdy for going head-first into this aspect, when we've had large patches of years with IP's as the "Primary" in straight-forward takes.
As annoyed as I am with the repeats of LL, Halloween, and KK, the sheer amount of original content makes up for that.

Reactions: PrimalScream1996
As annoyed as I am with the repeats of LL, Halloween, and KK, the sheer amount of original content makes up for that.
LL has at least had a 10 year gap, with potential to improve the original incarnation

KK won't be terrible IF it ends up being a sequel rather than full on repeat. If it's just 2019 all over again, then it'll be disappointing

Halloween is the biggest offending repeat. Even if it somehow outdoes the 2015 version, it's still an unnecessary repeat.

If you didn't see why Halloween was brought back for a quick cash in because of the "last film" I don't know what to tell you, it was in the promotional writing for the house in both coasts. As for KKFOS, its possibly just be going to be a repeat because I don't think they'll get the approval to a sequel house especially when the ship blew up at the end of the last film, I really do wanna know what the film the Chiodos will make in the future but till then the house might just be a repeat.

7D9133A5-09AA-4FD5-83CB-4A3614A560EC.jpegWe’ll see what happens but I think this speculation map deserves discussion regardless of it not having the HNN stamp on it. Since Ima slasher guy, Halloween will be #1 for me followed by UM: Legends collide.

View attachment 16675We’ll see what happens but I think this speculation map deserves discussion regardless of it not having the HNN stamp on it. Since Ima slasher guy, Halloween will be #1 for me followed by UM: Legends collide.

This map is hilarious because not only is the map itself missing F, it's also got H in two different locations and a random I associated with nothing.

LL has at least had a 10 year gap, with potential to improve the original incarnation

KK won't be terrible IF it ends up being a sequel rather than full on repeat. If it's just 2019 all over again, then it'll be disappointing

Halloween is the biggest offending repeat. Even if it somehow outdoes the 2015 version, it's still an unnecessary repeat.
If La Llorona was our only repeat, I would not have minded it being brought back since it's been a decade. What bothers me is that we already have two repeats (It's looking like KKfOS is going to be a straight-up repeat judging by the construction footage) and this is basically a third repeat out of eight plus the always mediocre Tram. While I would love for them to improve it, history has shown that when they repeat a house, they rarely improve it. Ironically the only instance I can think of them improving a repeat was the last iteration of La Llorona. Maybe it's possible, but I only see them taking the 2012 version, and cutting things out/shrinking stuff to cram it into Parisian.

If you didn't see why Halloween was brought back for a quick cash in because of the "last film" I don't know what to tell you, it was in the promotional writing for the house in both coasts.
Oh yes, "promotional writing". Let's give guests the 1970s original to promote the sequel set 40 years later. Genius idea. So glad we haven't experienced the original before.. oh wait.

As someone who worked the H4 maze in 2018, every night I had guests wondering why it wasn't the new sequel. Then of course ones that thought H4 WAS a/the NEW movie.

Point is. It's lazy. If you can't acquire the rights to the actual film requiring hype, then don't waste maze resources on an IP repeat.

I don't think they'll get the approval to a sequel house especially when the ship blew up at the end of the last film
Because there was only ONE circus tent of evil human eating carnivorous klowns in the entire galaxy???

You do realize that in most horror movies the big bad gets defeated/killed, yet still finds a way to return over & over. The ship blowing up means nothing.

The Chiodo Bros still dream of releasing sequel.

Oh yes, "promotional writing". Let's give guests the 1970s original to promote the sequel set 40 years later. Genius idea. So glad we haven't experienced the original before.. oh wait.

As someone who worked the H4 maze in 2018, every night I had guests wondering why it wasn't the new sequel. Then of course ones that thought H4 WAS a/the NEW movie.

Point is. It's lazy. If you can't acquire the rights to the actual film requiring hype, then don't waste maze resources on an IP repeat.

Because there was only ONE circus tent of evil human eating carnivorous klowns in the entire galaxy???

You do realize that in most horror movies the big bad gets defeated/killed, yet still finds a way to return over & over. The ship blowing up means nothing.

The Chiodo Bros still dream of releasing sequel.

Honestly, who ruffled your feathers lighten up man, its a horror event. I understand you may have experience the houses and applaud that you got to scareacted in one of the Halloween but doesn't mean everyone around you have experienced the houses, many different people come to the event every year lol, if you think its lazy, don't go to the house, plain and simple, its all good, but that's not stopping others from getting hype for Michael Myers, honestly he sells tickets, whether 1, 2 or 4, people are gonna get hyped for Michael.

As for KKFOS, I love the film don't get me wrong but I'm not fanboying it hard like you are right now and I'm a genuine horror fan lol, I know how films work but the film got scrapped, its a sad shame but thinking Murdy is just get the opportunity in his hands to do the sequel without any problems ensuing is definitely a little odd that's why I only see it being a repeat because people will flock to Klowns even if its the original.

Last edited:
We need a hi-res version so we can over analyze the creepiness that lies beyond the arches :lol:

No but really... I'd say it could be a tease for Scarecrow or La Llorona if we had to try linking it to something.

They are BACK!

8c8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.