Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple thoughts:
1. It's a no-brainer that we get fear street or stranger things 4. I doubt both, but it's a possibility cuz of how popular they were
2. I think the random aliens teaser that hhn orlandos twitter posted was just to mess with our heads
3. I doubt we're getting a video game IP. Too risky and not super well-recieved in previous years
4. One of the originals is going to be scarecrow based because of that order for a ton of scarecrows that one company announced (pic posted previously in forum)
5. I'm doubtful for the movie Nope, trailer seems to be set in desert and that would be hard to pull of for a maze
6. Idk how stupid you have to be to think Squid Game would come to HHN (if it did it would only be a scarezone duh)
7. I think they're going to utilize the Jurrassic World extended queue for a big IP
8. prob more originals this year i think murdy said something about that
9. Just a side thing I hate the curious george parking lot location bring back the metro sets those were lit idc about u guys complaining about the walk to those mazes

It’s probably nothing but I saw a couple of construction workers (wearing orange shirts) walk out of TWDA where the fire exit hall would be. Just found that interesting.
I was there on Thursday and Saturday and I didn’t wanna say anything cause I had no proof but yeah there’s definitely something going on there

You think they might have an overlay planned for TWDA? I don't think you would necessarily need permits to do an overlay in there.

Or maybe they're finally gutting it.

You think they might have an overlay planned for TWDA? I don't think you would necessarily need permits to do an overlay in there.

Tbh I'm not sure what they could even overlay it with aside from another post apocalyptic or zombie franchise without massively changing the interior.
Honestly if we get a Return of the Living Dead or a Resident Evil or something and its just the TWDA sets, I'm gonna laugh until I die.

I don’t think they’d start work in February for just an overlay. Maybe permits were filed during the pandemic closure and they just put them into effect now? I dunno we’ll just have to see

I hope they're gutting it so they can put a maze proper in there. Would hate an overlay of an IP or original being shoved in to make it work with those sets. I think the only proper thing to do would be something like FaceOff back in House of Horrors. Like an IP that doesn't have any particular enviroments. Perhaps a CryptTV maze?

I can see TWDA becoming a permanent HHN showbuilding even though I would like it to be a year round maze. If it was a year round maze, what do u guys think it would be, my best guest is universal monsters

Yeah--year round mazes are dead. If they ever try it again, it will be on Monsters and likely them alone--but I highly doubt they'd do a HoH 2.0.

My guess is they're striking down the sets, and retheming the interior queue to be a more generic hallway. Maybe having posters of Universal's horror lineup, alongside whatever the IP is for that location.

Universal studios Hollywood teased the terror tram themed for this year on there Instagram story pagehttps://instagram.com/stories/unistudios/2784664213788119622?utm_medium=copy_link
Not exactly. The only reason they put Hollywood Harry’s hand in the post is because it’s the only one they can legally use since it’s a made up character for the park. They don’t have to jump through hoops for it. Hollywood Harry is the only non IP terror tram I can think of. Is he gonna come back for this year? Maybe I dunno I really hope so I think it would be cool I love Hollywood Harry. But I HIGHLY doubt this was a strategic tease especially since terror tram is the last thing they work on. I don’t think the social media intern would be in the know

• Love
Reactions: Horror Lover
Not exactly. The only reason they put Hollywood Harry’s hand in the post is because it’s the only one they can legally use since it’s a made up character for the park. They don’t have to jump through hoops for it. Hollywood Harry is the only non IP terror tram I can think of. Is he gonna come back for this year? Maybe I dunno I really hope so I think it would be cool I love Hollywood Harry. But I HIGHLY doubt this was a strategic tease especially since terror tram is the last thing they work on. I don’t think the social media intern would be in the know

If not Hollywood Harry, I hope they use Terror Tram as an opportunity for a new original mascot/Icon/character what-have-you this year

I know this is a non sequitur, but after watching this new Batman last night, they're is more than enough house potential for HHN, Horror Made Here, or Fright Fest. Idk the warner relationship with universal rn, but the riddler would be great character for HHN. Additionally, the film definitely feels horror adjacent in a way unlike most Batman films, so I think it stands a much better chance than another cape film

Status
Not open for further replies.