Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considered it for a while, and this question is a good one for Orlando..but,

The Weeknd. Might the guest reactions convince Universal to do Daily nights for both Orlando and Hollywood? The traction his two posts made is larger than a vast amount of what HHN on both coasts, have tweeted. If not daily nights, then expanding it to be Tuesday-Sunday's every week?

Daily Nights? Now that would be awesome!

I may be wrong but I'm inclined to believe KKFOS will be an original sequel rather than a repeat...
Oh yesss if this so true! I’ve said it back in the Make Your HHN thread, that KKFOS maze that is set in their own home planet with more clown aliens and goofy but terrifying environments would be so amazing!

View attachment 16059

From HNN (Click the image for the link)
The Evil Dead has got me interested but worried at the same time. But since it’s going to be only the first film which was set around the forest and cabin unlike the locations in AvED, this might help save their budget more. Just please no goofy Ash masks, and less black walls. This is probably their only chance to redeem themselves after AvED

Surprisingly enough, I’d be stoked for The Weekend. Based on his music videos I’ve seen, I’d definitely wouldn’t mind that one coming this year.

Once again assuming this lineup is true (Obviously will change ahead of time without a doubt), I’d say this would make a pretty decent lineup at the moment.

With Karen Irwin gone to Orlando, expect a bigger budget. I've heard that they're gonna have just that this year, especially with last year's numbers. Karen's budget cutting was a big part of the black wall thing.

Anyways, if this is the final list it just feels weirdly incomplete? Like maybe one or two more solid, headlining mazes and I think this would be a pretty great lineup.
God I hope this is true

Reactions: Freak
Anyone notice that the "speculation map" JPland put in some hhn discord like last week exactly matches up with the new official spec map from yesterday. I think that hhnmanics posted something about it saying "i cant go one year without the hhn lineup getting leaked" and in the replies he posted the screenshot of the spec map if ur interested into looking into it more

Anyone notice that the "speculation map" JPland put in some hhn discord like last week exactly matches up with the new official spec map from yesterday. I think that hhnmanics posted something about it saying "i cant go one year without the hhn lineup getting leaked" and in the replies he posted the screenshot of the spec map if ur interested into looking into it more
I have no inside knowledge but that person has been known for leaking stuff before. And Jpland was talking a lot like he wasn't speculating when talking about that Map.

(sorry for the double post) I don't see much changing on this spec map this year. I feel like the abundance of leaks and logic behind this map makes it pretty accurate from v1. The only changes I see is possibly fear street for nope. If it was gonna be in mummy queue I wouldn't be excited for KKfOS but since it's in TWDA i'm actually hella pumped for the maze and excited to see it in a new location.

I really hope JPLand doesn't work at USH. If he does, he ain't gonna have a job there much longer.
(sorry for the double post) I don't see much changing on this spec map this year. I feel like the abundance of leaks and logic behind this map makes it pretty accurate from v1. The only changes I see is possibly fear street for nope. If it was gonna be in mummy queue I wouldn't be excited for KKfOS but since it's in TWDA i'm actually hella pumped for the maze and excited to see it in a new location.
Personally, I think the map is legit. Like you said Nope might be the only one that may be in question. Other than the locations possibly being a bit off, I think that's what we're getting.

It’s been very accurate this whole time. I was skeptical at first cause he’s made up stuff before for clickbait, but given reactions around it, the houses being built, and how it matches a lot of other speculation from people with inside info, it’s probably 90%+ accurate. Hope he didn’t get anyone in trouble for youtube or whatever credibility he’s trying to gain from this. It’s definitely not his “wishlist” of what he wants to come like he was trying to pass it off as.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
The spec map rumors got me thinking about The Weeknd, and I remembered I hadn’t listened to his new album yet so I did that last night. If anyone isn’t aware, he has been telling a pretty cohesive story between his music videos for After Hours and this new release, Dawn FM.

The After Hours videos lean pretty heavily into the horror genre, while Dawn FM deals with more themes of death, purgatory and the afterlife. It’s a pretty interesting story to watch unfold, and if it’s true that he’s getting a maze this year I really think they can do a lot with just the visuals and story beats from the After Hours videos.

Anyway, just thought I’d mention it since I’ve seen some discussion of how me might fit into the event. If anyone is interested in the viewing order for those music videos feel free to PM me and I can help.

Assuming this spec line up is true... I'd be very disappointed we're not getting Scream this year. Like... come on. I don't know, just blows the wind out of my sails. Almost like I've lost faith it'll ever happen and in a weird way, almost makes me lose interest in HHN a bit. It makes me wonder if I've been going all these years in hopes the event will continue to be successful so it could eventually happen one day. And at the opportune moment, it's just a... no? Just straight up depression.

Weeknd pretty much announcing it is crazy. He's got a lot going on right now. I wonder how that conversation even started. I'm curious as to what he'll come up with, but not exactly excited at the same time. The line for that one will probably be nuts and I do not look forward to that at all haha. I'm open minded for this one, but not exactly anticipating it. Could go either way depending on the approach.

And in a weird turn of irony, Evil Dead has probably tied for my second most wanted maze for years (Resident Evil being the other) and I don't even want it anymore. The remake maze wasn't exactly the best, and Ash vs. Evil Dead was a freakin' travesty. Fool me once, fool me twice kinda thing. I have no hope anymore they can do it right. And it'll probably be based on the new Evil Dead movie from this year, which, again -- as of now, very little interest. Going in with no hype in order to redeem their selves here. (If based on the original/Evil Dead 2/AOD, I'd be pretty happy though, but still...will try not to be)

Killer Klowns was great. A repeat of it? Meh. But a sequel maze? I'd be down. I kinda wish that happened last year instead though, like swapped out for Pandora's Box.

La Llorona is one of my all time favorites. I'll gladly walk down memory lane with that one.

Scarecrow could be great. As long as it's nothing like Pandora's Box.

I have no interest in The Mummy, being completely honest. I've had so much Mummy imagery at Universal over the years, it just seems redundant.

Us was great, so I'll anticipate Nope in the same way. I also don't think we've had aliens at HHNH before (have we???), so that should be fun.

Last edited:
Assuming this spec line up is true... I'd be very disappointed we're not getting Scream this year. Like... come on. I don't know, just blows the wind out of my sails. Almost like I've lost faith it'll ever happen and in a weird way, almost makes me lose interest in HHN a bit. It makes me wonder if I've been going all these years in hopes the event will continue to be successful so it could eventually happen one day. And at the opportune moment, it's just a... no? Just straight up depression.

Well, at least with Scream 6 officially on the way, we can start getting our fingers crossed now that the property will show up at the event in 2023 instead while mentally preparing ourselves for when it inevitably doesn't.

Last edited:
HHN 2022 Spec Map Ranking
The Weeknd
The Evil Dead
La LLorona
Mummy
Scarecrow
Nope
Terror Tram
Killer Klownz From Outer Space

I wish Fear Street would replace Nope or KKFOS. Other than that, I actually like this lineup.

Btw, are any of y’all down to discuss this on Twitter spaces?

HHN 2022 Spec Map Ranking
The Weeknd
The Evil Dead
La LLorona
Mummy
Scarecrow
Nope
Terror Tram
Killer Klownz From Outer Space

I wish Fear Street would replace Nope or KKFOS. Other than that, I actually like this lineup.

Btw, are any of y’all down to discuss this on Twitter spaces?
May I ask why you're not as interested in those two? Nope is understandable due to the locale, but KK would apparently be a new maze, no?

Weeknd pretty much announcing it is crazy. He's got a lot going on right now. I wonder how that conversation even started. I'm curious as to what he'll come up with, but not exactly excited at the same time. The line for that one will probably be nuts and I do not look forward to that at all haha. I'm open minded for this one, but not exactly anticipating it. Could go either way depending on the approach.

And in a weird turn of irony, Evil Dead has probably tied for my second most wanted maze for years (Resident Evil being the other) and I don't even want it anymore. The remake maze wasn't exactly the best, and Ash vs. Evil Dead was a freakin' travesty. Fool me once, fool me twice kinda thing. I have no hope anymore they can do it right. And it'll probably be based on the new Evil Dead movie from this year, which, again -- as of now, very little interest. Going in with no hype in order to redeem their selves here. (If based on the original/Evil Dead 2/AOD, I'd be pretty happy though, but still...will try not to be)

Killer Klowns was great. A repeat of it? Meh. But a sequel maze? I'd be down. I kinda wish that happened last year instead though, like swapped out for Pandora's Box.

La Llorona is one of my all time favorites. I'll gladly walk down memory lane with that one.

Scarecrow could be great. As long as it's nothing like Pandora's Box.

I have no interest in The Mummy, being completely honest. I've had so much Mummy imagery at Universal over the years, it just seems redundant.
I hear ya on Scream. While the spec map isn't final, I still think it may be legit and I don't think it looks good for Scream. Funny enough, it still might be a possibility in Orlando. Some of us are speculating that Halloween over there could be a placeholder in case Scream doesn't work out.

If Scream doesn't happen on either coast, they're either saving it or they just don't want to do it. If Scream happens in Florida but not Hollywood, I think you will have Murdy to blame. Murdy openly dislikes the IP as he says that Scary Movie ruined it for him. The horrendous Terror Tram from 11 years ago probably was another excuse for him not to do it. If Florida does it and gets received well, Murdy might get a lot of pressure put on him to do it in Hollywood.

On the flip side, there is still that small, tiny sliver of hope that I can have my dream IP line up of having Scream, Hellraiser, and the Thing headline the event next year. Even though Scream doesn't look likely, I am glad to see Murdy more interested in doing original content (Scarecrow) and even more open to IPs that allow for more creative freedom (Weeknd, KKfoS?).

Kinda disappointed about there being no Scream and La Llorona and KKfOS if they're going to be complete repeats.....but I like everything else! Just hope there won't be a ton of black walls.

Us was great, so I'll anticipate Nope in the same way. I also don't think we've had aliens at HHNH before (have we???), so that should be fun.
Dude, how could you forget AVP? Come on now. :lol:

Reactions: DTH
May I ask why you're not as interested in those two? Nope is understandable due to the locale, but KK would apparently be a new maze, no?
Nope - Jordan Peele’s style of “horror” doesn’t appeal to me. I think he makes unique thriller films that aren’t HORROR. US maze was very creative but still not my style personally.
KK - I’m not a fan of silly horror films being turned into mazes. The only one I would be interested in is Leprechaun.

Fear Street literally is a horror film beginning to end and would do well as a maze.

I really hope JPLand doesn't work at USH. If he does, he ain't gonna have a job there much longer.

Personally, I think the map is legit. Like you said Nope might be the only one that may be in question. Other than the locations possibly being a bit off, I think that's what we're getting.
I saw JPLand working at one of the retail stores when I visited in December.
So I think he still works for the park, and doesn’t look good on him if he indeed posted a spec map on his discord.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Well, at least with Scream 6 officially on the way, we can start getting our fingers crossed now that the property will show up at the event in 2023 instead while mentally preparing ourselves for when it inevitably doesn't.
I don't think I'll have that optimism anymore by than lol There's more than enough maze material between the five films to do at least 2 mazes, so there's no need to wait for Scream 6. Scream 5 was a hit and for all we know, Scream 6 could flop, and then the answer will be "oh sorry, it wasn't successful." It's just bonkers. I've pretty much lost all the hope that I had....... (until it's made official, at least)

Dude, how could you forget AVP? Come on now. :lol:
You're right, ONE OF THE BEST MAZES OF ALL TIMEZ! Bahahaha but I meant like... space invading, abduction type aliens haha

Status
Not open for further replies.