Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Employee Preview Night | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Employee Preview Night

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At this point Universal would be foolish to not do FNAF for a HHN house next year. FNAF is probably one of the best IPs out there for HHN house potential.
Not only that but after The Last of Us this would also continue their video game mazes in a way. Maybe Scott Cawthon might work with Murdy next year?

Reactions: marip123
Man, I wish I wasn't such a scaredy cat as I'd love to go to one of these scary theme park events. But Ik I'll have a panic attack as I have an diagnosed anxiety disorder, so I litetally can't go haha.

At least there's You Tube :D

Last edited:
Reactions: themeparkhaunter
So... any word on VQ stuff?
I'd believe it was a fluke, but last of us and exorcist are specifically listed on the app still under virtual line experiences, with listed wait times, so it's odd.

Meanwhile I wanna talk about DreamWorks Theater:

I think I also clicked why I love Blumhouse: it’s just a more advanced version of The NBCUniversal Experience. A means of promoting the past of Blumhouse, while also respecting and diving into the future with their next big two mega-IP.

I almost wonder how much Murdy put into this, as this feels like a Him project, in this feeling like something he’d make as a means to show the value of preservation for Hollywood cinema, and of Horror and the film for the park.

When I was told specifics, I was told by those to not think highly of it, if it’s quality not being great. But perhaps it’s me, or how I view it: but this is something that HHN and USH has desperately needed since the removal of House of Horrors, and the removal of The NBCUniversal Experience.

A more public place of accessing and seeing what the past has done. What it can still do, even if it doesn’t inheritedly click with everyone

Was curious about what the folks here would think after I saw this on my feed and wow, didn't think the possibility of a FNAF house/maze wasn't as farfetched as I thought it'd be. The craziest thing about seeing this is that three video game IPs have now essentially converged to the park, and in the same year SNW opened no less.

Even this alone is making it tempting for me to finally try braving HHN, especially if we do end up getting a FNAF maze... hoo boy.
At this point Universal would be foolish to not do FNAF for a HHN house next year. FNAF is probably one of the best IPs out there for HHN house potential.
Well, there was that one time in 2016 where Circus Circus' AdventureDome had a FNAF maze. Wonder how Univeral could improve on that.

Meanwhile I wanna talk about DreamWorks Theater:

I think I also clicked why I love Blumhouse: it’s just a more advanced version of The NBCUniversal Experience. A means of promoting the past of Blumhouse, while also respecting and diving into the future with their next big two mega-IP.

I almost wonder how much Murdy put into this, as this feels like a Him project, in this feeling like something he’d make as a means to show the value of preservation for Hollywood cinema, and of Horror and the film for the park.

When I was told specifics, I was told by those to not think highly of it, if it’s quality not being great. But perhaps it’s me, or how I view it: but this is something that HHN and USH has desperately needed since the removal of House of Horrors, and the removal of The NBCUniversal Experience.

A more public place of accessing and seeing what the past has done. What it can still do, even if it doesn’t inheritedly click with everyone
Tbh even beyond that, just having screen used life-size fnaf animatronics in there makes it a success in my book. I've been with that franchise since practically day 1 so I think that alone will get me to visit when i otherwise had next to no interest in the show itself.

So... any word on VQ stuff?
I'd believe it was a fluke, but last of us and exorcist are specifically listed on the app still under virtual line experiences, with listed wait times, so it's odd.
That’ll be in use on Thursday. Mondo and I spoke with a mummy TM that said TLOU will in fact use 2/3 of the mummy’s queue and mummy will be open as well

I am so fricken tempted to look at videos because I plan on going on the 30th.

But holy…crap, seeing some bits, TLOU looks WAY better than Orlando. Much heavier use of Joel and Ellie!

EDIT: I’m sorry… I gave in. I was too weak… I saw the whole video.

IT LOOKS WAY BETTER THAN ORLANDO!!!
I’m so tempted to book a quick trip out to LA, this is criminal for TLOU to be so mid here and so cool looking there. I’m highly interested in the whole even in a way I normally am not. Chucky being really good??? What is this nonsense?!

I’m so tempted to book a quick trip out to LA, this is criminal for TLOU to be so mid here and so cool looking there. I’m highly interested in the whole even in a way I normally am not. Chucky being really good??? What is this nonsense?!
I was tempted to go to Orlando for the sake of Dueling Dragons, but in some ways after seeing TLOU Hollywood…

Yea, I think I’m set for the West side instead.

Also, Joel & Ellie have better interactions and their personalities shine more in HW than Orlando. It does feel like you’re on the journey with them!

I feel like Druckman put more passion into this one more. Murdy really struck gold working with some who is passionate about the event.

I hope the below character is there on normal nights so I can grab a picture with them
the grabber from black phone was in front of the blumhouse show

Reactions: saint.piss
I was tempted to go to Orlando for the sake of Dueling Dragons, but in some ways after seeing TLOU Hollywood…

Yea, I think I’m set for the West side instead.

Also, Joel & Ellie have better interactions and their personalities shine more in HW than Orlando. It does feel like you’re on the journey with them!

I feel like Druckman put more passion into this one more. Murdy really struck gold working with some who is passionate about the event.
Druckmann was probably able to be more hands on for Hollywood’s house.

I did Orlando's HHN already and thought The Last Of Us was great. So reading some comments here saying Hollywood's is better. I went to go look at a walkthrough video. While the scares seem more intense and the hallways are more tight. I like Orlando's more grand sets and bigger open rooms. Both houses look good. Hopefully I can make it over to Hollywood at some point.

Hate to put this out into the world, BUT…

They will almost definitely use this year’s Universal Monsters maze to justify retiring the Universal Classic Monsters for the time being.

GP barely connect with Frankenstein and Dracula as it is, and the Phantom, Quasi, and Hyde probably don’t even register. Not to mention the lack of money and effort into this maze this year. I can’t imagine it being viewed very favorably in Guest surveys…

To be fair to them, they have nearly exhausted their bench of Monsters to play with. I would like to see them encore the original maze with all of them for one last year or maybe a “Horrifying Discoveries” last hurrah where they can tie in Frankenstein/Bride, Invisible Man, and Creature under the guise of a turn of the century scientific exhibition or something.

Would like to see them attempt Creature since he is the only one to be left out entirely (save for Orlando’s one scene in their first Monsters maze).

They will almost definitely use this year’s Universal Monsters maze to justify retiring the Universal Classic Monsters for the time being.

GP barely connect with Frankenstein and Dracula as it is, and the Phantom, Quasi, and Hyde probably don’t even register. Not to mention the lack of money and effort into this maze this year. I can’t imagine it being viewed very favorably in Guest surveys…

To be fair to them, they have nearly exhausted their bench of Monsters to play with. I would like to see them encore the original maze with all of them for one last year or maybe a “Horrifying Discoveries” last hurrah where they can tie in Frankenstein/Bride, Invisible Man, and Creature under the guise of a turn of the century scientific exhibition or something.

Would like to see them attempt Creature since he is the only one to be left out entirely (save for Orlando’s one scene in their first Monsters maze).
I mean

I don't need Classic Monsters Every year. Bring them back when you have a fun idea, I really enjoyed last year's maze but no need to force them in each year

If they want to keep them in the event in someway have meet and greets on the years they don't have a maze.

Well it’s been a good run with the classic monsters. I really wish they would do one with the Creature but other than that, they’ve done all they could with them anyway.

Reactions: cdogsumo
Nah, I disagree. The fact that they brought in Hyde this year - not one of the traditional monsters - suggests an expansion of the concept more than anything. I'm sure Murdy is still passionate about these characters too, even five years in and with a reduced budget - whatever its quality, the constant homages to the original movies in the maze attest to that.

Besides, Murdy still needs to do his German Expressionism maze.