Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Employee Preview Night | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Employee Preview Night

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From my understanding, Unmasked got a lot of things cut. Some houses (COUGH CHUCKY COUGH) ate the budget from other houses.

For what is missing, there is always the chance that the scare actors can work with the dark, somewhat claustrophobic spaces and elevate the house.
Yeah the house reads as a half / half Phantom / Quasi house that get systematically broken down by budget cuts and forced inclusion of other characters (Hyde seems pretty forced and under thought). Invisible Man has one room which isn’t a big drag for any other portion.

Hoping for scareactors to add some power to it!

View attachment 19729
I loved seeing a big show at HHN again. Crowd seemed to really like it. Not a great show (the EDM music was terrible) but very entertaining. It was all about the lighting, the pyro and the stunts. Needed some humor and more blood.
I am glad we at least got blood, yeah maybe some more jokes are needed. its not a funny show, they went for a more serious tone which is okay but some of the lines are rough. Also no purge siren?

edit: Went to preview this is my review for the night.
I am just placing them in the order I went through them.

last of us ( 7/10) - not scary but immersive. just short!
Exorcist (5/10) - it should be lower since its a weird make believe version of what could be in the movie but just taking it at face value sure its cool but I had a lot of empty scares, and not black walls but rooms that basically are black walls everywhere.
Holidayzzzz in Hellzzzz ( 7/10) - think of it as the ps5 version compared to the ps4 (2019) version
Stranger Things 4 (4/10) - No master of puppets , no kate bush, no nothing.
Monstrous: the monsters of latin america (9/10) - really good layout with scares everywhere, super detailed
Evil Dead:RISE (8/10) - obviously the place benefits from doing what they planned the first time. only thing that is funny is Alyssa Sutherland is like 5"11 irl and the figures are super short and small.
TERROR TRAM : THE EXTERMINATORZ (8/10) - In terms of terror tram its a fun year. call larry Larva (855)-622-6666
Chucky Kill count (10/10) - 30 animatronic chuckys, But sometimes not all are working so this house depends on that.
Monsters : unmasked (8/10) - This had the most notable black walls but I still loved it somehow

Last edited:
Did anyone try the food? Would love to know of any special things for dinner or to snack on!

The Dia de Los Muertos plaza sells some delicious chamoy pineapple spears that went really well with my Modelo.

Birria tacos and horchata churros were fine, I guess. ‍♂️

Sad to hear about the birria but not surprising since the Mexican food at Universal is the absolute worst I've had in a theme park, which is shocking considering it's LA. Disneyland has some amazing birria.

Sad to hear about the birria but not surprising since the Mexican food at Universal is the absolute worst I've had in a theme park, which is shocking considering it's LA. Disneyland has some amazing birria.
Dude seriously. I hate at the Mexican place that’s at the Plaza and the tacos there were so dry! Like it was close to having Mexican food in Boston bad. Bumble Bee’s actually have some decent tacos there but it’s a shot in the dark when they’re open. They’re not taco truck good but it’s not bad at all for theme park food.

I tried the birria tacos last year for HHN. I actually kind of liked them. They weren’t amazing but not bad considering it was theme park food. The portions were REALLY stingy for $10. Not a good price when they’re the size of Jack in the Bix tacos.

But yeah USH needs to step up their food game at the Plaza Mexican food. You’re in the dead center of LA and that’s the best food you can offer? C’mon now.

You have to tell me where Disneyland has birria! I never knew they had that! Im looking for other dining options they have besides just El Rancho.

You have to tell me where Disneyland has birria! I never knew they had that! Im looking for other dining options they have besides just El Rancho.
Two spots! Cocina Cucamonga has Queso Birria tacos. They're pretty good and worth the price. I know people who buy two orders of them they love them so much, and they live in San Diego where they can get this stuff legit and for 1/4th the price.
The other spot, I am surprised you haven't heard about as it was a viral food item last year and it returned this year. I believe it's only for the summers so it might be gone now (just checked, looks like its gone in replacement for a bulgogi sandwich). But it's at the Jolly Holiday and is a toasted cheese birria sandwich. It is DEVINE. Believe me when I say this was a top 5 all time food item in the parks right up there with lobster nachos. I have to imagine at some point they will keep it permanently, everyone loves it. Sadly, you must've just missed it because I know their Fall season starts Sept 1st.
I also just remembered Lucky Fortune Cookery now has Birria Ramen. Haven't tried it yet though, so can't vouch for it.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me which mazes had smells? I wanna prepare myself for this Saturday lol
Chucky, holidays in hell , monstrous, exorcist.
Poop, soap, meat, blood, gingerbread? I’ll let you guess which goes where

Two spots! Cocina Cucamonga has Queso Birria tacos. They're pretty good and worth the price. I know people who buy two orders of them they love them so much, and they live in San Diego where they can get this stuff legit and for 1/4th the price.
The other spot, I am surprised you haven't heard about as it was a viral food item last year and it returned this year. I believe it's only for the summers so it might be gone now (just checked, looks like its gone in replacement for a bulgogi sandwich). But it's at the Jolly Holiday and is a toasted cheese birria sandwich. It is DEVINE. Believe me when I say this was a top 5 all time food item in the parks right up there with lobster nachos. I have to imagine at some point they will keep it permanently, everyone loves it. Sadly, you must've just missed it because I know their Fall season starts Sept 1st.
I also just remembered Lucky Fortune Cookery now has Birria Ramen. Haven't tried it yet though, so can't vouch for it.
it is pretty good but they have yet to create that Smokey flavor real birria has. Disneyland has been hit and miss with me with their Mexican food. The pazole they had was horrible. This is bomb I admit lol.

Last edited by a moderator: