Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if what Chris said is any indication, Last of Us isn't going in TWDA, so that makes it entirely possible the map is (obviously) going to be wrong about a few things, and ED:R is happening in TWDA instead.

It's also possible Exorcist is apart of the Blumhouse maze.
It's entirely possible Evil Dead Rise will be our repeat to allocate costs to building a ninth house. I could see this.

It's entirely possible Evil Dead Rise will be our repeat to allocate costs to building a ninth house. I could see this.

I'd be fine with this if it allowed an additional house. A house with the same layout but a substantial transformation could be interesting (emphasis on substantial).

I know they would have to reuse a number of scenes, but that doesn't mean the atmosphere, music, or additional scenes couldn't make up for it.

With Nightingales, would it be a new time period or one of the two locations we've seen already (probably Pit)? The problem with Nightingales is that the locations people actually want too see from them are too sensitive for the masses. I just don't get the feeling that people wanted to see Gladiators with them, as cool an idea as that was.

Valley Forge could work, I suppose?

With Nightingales, would it be a new time period or one of the two locations we've seen already (probably Pit)? The problem with Nightingales is that the locations people actually want too see from them are too sensitive for the masses. I just don't get the feeling that people wanted to see Gladiators with them, as cool an idea as that was.

Valley Forge could work, I suppose?
The name on the map says “Blood Prey” so I don’t think it will be like “Blood Pit” with the gladiators. I don’t think it will be like Orlando’s Prey either.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Alright my top ten hype list going off spec map version 1
10.Terror Tram: regardless it’s always gonna be at the bottom
9.the exorcist:i really don’t think this is coming and if it does I highly doubt it’s the same house we got 2 years ago
8.Blumhouse: this is probably the most excited I’ve been for a Blumhouse probably ever. I really like both of these properties and I’m excited to see what they do with them.
7.CHUCKY :i think it says a lot about the potential lineup that this is all the way down here. I am still really excited for this though and am interested to see how Hollywood pulls it off
6. Last of Us: excited to have it at the event but I’m a bit worried on the execution of this one it could either be really good or really bad depending how they do it. I really hope they go the scarecrow route and have this be super somber with little to no dialogue and just make you feel the hopelessness of the apocalypse
5. Monsters Paris I’m excited to see phantom and probably hunchback and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Parisian setting also slash’s soundtrack
4. 日本の生老物 i love the spirits and demons of the east zone and if this is anything like that we’re definitely in for a treat. I feel like it’s the last good zone Hollywood had and la llorona was so well done I think it’s time another cultures nightmares get put into a house
3. Nightengales: loved scarecrow but nightengales is kinda “eh” for me I dunno. This’ll definitely be cool though
2. :regardless if it’s Harry or not. I grew up TERRIFIED of clowns and I still kinda am (kkfos helped me get over it a bit) so this very well might be the scariest thing I’ve ever gone through personally
1.⚡: hoping it’s Metallica. If it’s stranger things it instantly goes to the bottom of my list below exorcist

Last edited:
Chucky is obviously a lock — as for the rest of them, Blumhouse and Nightingales seem heavily likely and Last of Us definitely feels plausible. Exorcist might be a Candyman-esque oversight where it’s actually the remake slotted alongside M3gan and Insidious. (At least I hope that’s the case because I don’t need a triple serving.)

Normally with these maps, the symbols are hints placed there to avoid potentially messing up rights discussions. Not sure we’d need a symbol placeholder for a Hollywood Harry house since it’s the company’s IP, so maybe it alludes to something else? Terrifier doesn’t strike me as a long shot at all. It’s extremely popular with the horror crowd and probably a super easy license to get at the end of the day.

EDIT: Also, what’s the reason for not having the new Evil Dead? It was only scrapped because the movie got pushed, right? I’m not sure how the rights work out but maybe things lapsed and it’s not worth it to dive back in? I’d love to have the property at HHN. An OG Evil Dead has been high on my wishlist forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: HydraGen2299
EDIT: Also, what’s the reason for not having the new Evil Dead? It was only scrapped because the movie got pushed, right? I’m not sure how the rights work out but maybe things lapsed and it’s not worth it to dive back in? I’d love to have the property at HHN. An OG Evil Dead has been high on my wishlist forever.

If the rumors are true, last year WB approached Universal to do a house of The Last of Us. Uni was on board, but the series got pushed back so they had to drop those plans. Because of that, WB then offered Evil Dead Rise as a back-up. That proceeded to get pushed back as well, hence the full scrapping in Orlando and the Hollywood Hotel looking rather on the nose to Evil Dead Rise.

Now that The Last of Us series is out, a house is firmly back on the rumors. So the reason of Evil Dead Rise possibly not happening is pretty simple, with the 1st choice back on the lineup, there's no reason for them to go for what was ultimately the back-up. Yeah, it sucks. But studios are gonna' go for the property they really want to feature 1st.

Murdy seems to want Slaughter Sinema from Orlando to come to Hollywood. HHN 365 posted want original from Orlando would u want to come and they want Slaughter Sinema and then Murdy said he would also pick that one.

What if it was that but in the form of Hollywood Harry?
Honestly, considering 2018's terror tram already sort of had him in an anthology format, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd use him as the framing device for it, though I'd hope the fake movie concepts would be a little more original than the terror tram segments lol

Honestly, that'd be the best route for Terror Tram.. have it be a Slaughter Sinema-type B-movie marathon theme with fake horror movies, then spin each segment off into an original maze afterwards..
I've always been partial to the idea of a 50s B movie themed Terror Tram, if for no other reason that you could make the war of the worlds set into an actual war of the worlds-esque alien invasion segment. Kinda unrelated, but a similar vein.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and Freak
Can't believe no one posted yet, but there's serious speculation, but apparently in the Orlando thread there's a good possibility of It coming (Hence the clown on the spec map). That might explain the big facade seen on CG.

Can't believe no one posted yet, but there's serious speculation, but apparently in the Orlando thread there's a good possibility of It coming (Hence the clown on the spec map). That might explain the big facade seen on CG.
I don’t think that facade in CG lot is neibolt house it doesn’t look like it yet but IT would be so cool as an HHN house

If they do get IT, it will be huge for HHN and I don’t think they will make the facade for it in the open like CG is. They wouldn’t want to give it away like that. Or risk pissing off WB.

If they do get IT, it will be huge for HHN and I don’t think they will make the facade for it in the open like CG is. They wouldn’t want to give it away like that. Or risk pissing off WB.
I mean It’s not really out in the open anymore. You have to really be looking for it and there’s blacked out fences and stuff making it hard to see most of the facade except for the top bit

I mean It’s not really out in the open anymore. You have to really be looking for it and there’s blacked out fences and stuff making it hard to see most of the facade except for the top bit
I mean that’s enough. All the CG facades can been seen somehow. So I’m just saying I don’t think they will want to put that big of an IP there.

Status
Not open for further replies.