Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I’m no Orlando goer myself, but I heard that it’s one of the best houses of HHN Orlando of all time? How did the clue process go that lead to the answer?

I’m a bit surprised to that Harry got scrapped, but at the same time, thank god, because I’m so over Harry and clowns. Does anyone know what led to that being scrapped?
HHN Wiki seemed to find an IBSN that was of Today's Key: TheHomecoming.They found another that was of TheChalkMan, and then checked Legacy's book lists.

From there they used the keys, and then crosschecked the result and the IBSN.

The first one they found, was direct on the nose of what was spoken with Hollywood Harry.
1677709516990.png

After people found out more on the one Legacy was confident of for Orlando (which is Invasion--to which HNN had posted the clue yesterday), Legacy then went and put up the next clue for us.

Similar process, and then they found the IBSN in correlation:

As hype as Nightengales is I really hope it’s not the only original we’re getting in Hollywood
Murdy mentioned another house this year is set in 1874. I can't think of any IPs set in 1874, so it's safe to assume there will be more originals. My guess would be to expect 2-3 originals plus Monsters.

The folks at HNN (Horror Night Nightmares) Discord figured out Legacy's two clues!

What was originally planned--but has now been seemingly scrapped, we would've gotten Hollywood Harry to get a house! But the one that he released recently, is still going on...and it's NIGHTINGALESSSS
As much as it doesn't surprise me that that would be an Orlando transfer at some point, especially with Murdy's interest in period settings, particularly WWI, I'm not gonna lie i'm a little disappointed to not get Harry in a capacity other than terror tram for once.

I don’t think it will be, but don’t expect 2022 numbers of originals again.
Wonder if the top two rated houses of 2022 being originals will help get more budget allocated to those
Yeah I figured. We kinda got lucky with that third original either way

As much as it doesn't surprise me that that would be an Orlando transfer at some point, especially with Murdy's interest in period settings, particularly WWI, I'm not gonna lie i'm a little disappointed to not get Harry in a capacity other than terror tram for once.
I find it interesting that this is like I think their second attempt to do a harry house and I just wonder why it got scrapped this time.

Kinda funny that Exorcist, Blumhouse+Uni's big October IP, might only go to one coast this year.

Other than that, Universal Monsters Paris sounds dope as hell. Terror Tram theme is also confusing but intriguing.

Assuming the Clown is/was a placeholder for Hollywood Harry? Holding out hope that it's actually a placeholder for Terrifier instead.
I would be delighted if Terrifier was announced but no way would they allow that to happen considering the gore. I want a heavy metal house and an original clown house. Terror Tram (Celebrities) needs to be really creative because last year sucked. Come up with a cohesive story and let the actors take over.

Really hoping Exorcist, if it happens, is something unique and isn't just a re-repeat of the original movie again. That said, really glad it sounds like at least on this coast monsters is gonna get the full Quasi and Phantom in Paris treatment, which I am very happy about. Feels like a much more fitting tribute to the earliest days of the monsters than shoehorning Drac in.
Also a little concerned about the prospect of returning to 9 mazes + terror tram. I know we got a little bit of a budget boost last year, but I feel like 8 mazes + terror tram was really the maximum they should push, and throwing in another maze is gonna take funding away from things that still need it, like we've seen the entrance scare zone lose more and more set dec and theming over the last couple years, and I feel like this is just gonna exacerbate the issue and leave it neglected, when it should be the events best foot forward. Curious to see how theyll squeeze Nightingales and the guitar ip together if it ends up happening though.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
giphy.gif

Reactions: HydraGen2299

I’m curious what the Terror Tram “Celebrities” is supposed be? Is it some guest stars or is there some kind of Hollywood theme to it?

UCM, The Last of Us, Nightingales, and the Japanese themed maze got me interested, hope those stay. Personally meh on Blumhouse and the Exorcist.

Also: Me praying the music maze is Dawn FM when Abel FLAT OUT said that the HBO Concert was the last one…

My hopes for the themed hints if they aren't original:
  • Japanese Text = Resident evil. The text translates to "Japanese Survivors" according to Google, and I think HHN Japan had a RE maze last year.
  • Clown = Terrifier. Huge cult following right now. IT would also be cool but I feel like that one would have happened already if it were possible, though the The Last of Us which is HBO, and HBO just ordered the IT prequel series.
  • Metal = Ice Nine Kills. Very popular horror themed metal band these days and have a huge LA following. Not sure if they are "mainstream" enough though considering they used The Weeknd last year. Metallica or Slash would be safer bet
Overall i'm hyped but do hope theres some more big IP's.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Japanese Text = Resident evil. The text translates to "Japanese Survivors" according to Google, and I think HHN Japan had a RE maze last year.
"Japanese Creatures/Living Things" I would bet money it's a house based on yokai and traditional Japanese ghost stories.

Isn't Resident Evil also really similar to The Last of Us? Not a gamer so maybe I'm wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.