Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also: Me praying the music maze is Dawn FM when Abel FLAT OUT said that the HBO Concert was the last one…

I know he said that the Dawn FM era is over, but I wouldn't give up hope. If I remember, he said that the Super Bowl half time show marked the end of the After Hours era, saying he would never wear the red blazer. Surprise surprise, After Hours Nightmare happened. Though if it doesn't happen this year, there's always next

Some initial takeaways from the spec map:

-I'm sure something will change. I think it was around this time last year that we got a pretty good idea as to what was coming. It was like 90% right but of course things changed. We lost Evil Dead and they were wrong about Candyman. I doubt this will be the final line up as something always changes around this time of year.

-Exorcist? Again? Seriously? C'mon now. You're gonna bring back the worst house of '21? Eh, well that's one less house I gotta worry about. I know someone else mentioned the concern for straining the budget for a ninth house (Which I totally get as well and talk about it soon), but I think that's their solution right there. Just have the ninth house be a repeat that's nothing but black walls and reused props. Normally I would be upset over the repeat, but because we're getting nine houses with everything else being new, I'm not too upset. I'll just go through it once and be done with it.

-If this entire line up goes through, Nightingales is my most-anticipated. USH did a fantastic job with Scarecrow so I can't wait to see what they do with Nightingales. Never saw the one from 2011 so I'm even more excited to see it! Also, this will be Hollywood's first original in a sound stage. So, hype.

-Can't wait for Monsters in Paris. I kinda like Parisian because it forces them to get creative with the space and allow for more in-your-face and intense scares. Also with it being in Paris, the set design should be stellar! The Monsters houses are always great so I can't wait to see this one.

-Figured TLoU would go in TWDA. Makes too much sense.

-Clown one sounds interesting. It's either going to be Hollywood Harry or Terrifier. Doubt it will be It. Low-key hoping for Terrifier because it would bring HHN back to its roots of being a horrific and gritty event. Terrifier would bring HHN back to it's more underground late 00's/early2010's days.

-Honestly,other than the Exorcist being the black sheep of the bunch here, this year sounds really good. The line up at least sounds better than last year. I really enjoyed last year despite the repeats, but this is looking to be a really good year. Pleasantly surprised by all of the new content this year. Also kinda shocked they're not doing Saw again, which I'm happy about.

There's no way TLOU is going in TWDA considering I've heard they're trying to replicate an ambitious scene from it that will not be possible in that building. I think TLOU and Nightengales are swapped...

Furthermore I'm under the belief Exorcist ISN'T happening and may very well be a place holder too, alongside the Clown icon.

"Japanese Creatures/Living Things" I would bet money it's a house based on yokai and traditional Japanese ghost stories.

Isn't Resident Evil also really similar to The Last of Us? Not a gamer so maybe I'm wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

Not at all. TLOU leans more on an actual dystopia with only a specific breed of monsters, while Resident Evil feels more contemporary and science fictional with its brand and monsters.

I would love an RE house, but unfortunately I just don't think that's the case this year.

I believe Exorcist will be based on the reboot (btw, it was the best house of ‘21 IDC) and I wish the Mummy queue house was Train to Busan lol

Not far fetched. There is a Train to Busan remake at New Line that's allegedly coming out sometime this decade that could conceivably be slotted in if they ever remember to release the damn thing.

Reactions: CobraCommander666
I'll be the one to say that I don't really see anything wrong with doing Exorcist, provided it's a new film with different scenes. Moot point either way if it's not coming.
Oh no it’d be cool if it’s the reboot I’m just concerned it’s the 2016 house back for round 3

Why would they keep Hollywood Harry a secret? Also are we really getting the original exorcist a third time?
This is what is giving me hope that it's Terrifier even though I know the chances are slim. I see no reason they'd need to keep Hollywood Harry a secret on the spec map, it's not like HHN would be at risk of losing it. It could be IT, but that would be really odd timing considering that hype has come and gone. It also could be an original, but how many original ideas are really left to do with a clown theme?

Or maybe it's just meta and I'm the clown for trying to figure it all out.

Reactions: CobraCommander666

Finally able to give a proper look at it. Some thoughts!

• As someone who hasn't experienced either Exorcist house, I'm actually excited if it pans out. Hopefully this version harkens back to what people seemed to like with the 2016 version, with improving on it like La Llorona and Halloween did.
  • Universal Monsters - Paris as a name. Like it. I like it, a lot. Makes it pronounced and very specificed towards that of both The Hunchback of Notre Dame (who is celebrating the 100th Anniversary, being the first Classic Monster) and The Phantom of The Opera (which makes a lot of sense due to the Broadway Closure). Hoping this sticks, especially if it means we are going to get the Festival of Fools as a proper scarezone or Party area in Plaza.
  • NIGHTINGALES. NIGHTINGALES, NIGHTINGALES NIGHTINGALES. Genuinely happy if this is either in TWDA or in Stage 16 (which I am going to assume is there if we are getting another soundstage).
  • Interesting to see the Guitar concept being shared after all! I have to think this isn't ST, given all that has been said in the past (also interesting that Japanese Creatures was being planned to be shared. Interesting.)
  • No mention of Death Eaters! Let's see what happens in a few months.
  • Interesting that HNN got the location for Chucky wrong. Murdy specified that Curious George 2 is not Chucky, and he would not share locational positioning when I followed up in asking of CG2 a week or so back. Also, assuming if a show is happening: I find it humorous that HNN forgot that Castle Theater and Animal Actors will likely become rubble in a few months time. Hopefully that gets updated when V2 comes as-well.

Reactions: Freak
Furthermore I'm under the belief Exorcist ISN'T happening
I'm wondering if Exorcist has been confused with Insidious through the rumor mills. Both about possessed children, both Blumhouse (assuming Exorcist is the reboot). I'd be happy to see those two combined as a Blumhouse: Possession house or something along those lines, with M3GAN relegated to a scare zone or something else.

There are auditions happening for Death Eaters for a spring/summer program at the Wizarding World. I would assume their overwhelmingly positive reception would make them a regular thing at HHN, especially since guests have to make that trek past the Wizarding World to get to the Curious George houses.

There are auditions happening for Death Eaters for a spring/summer program at the Wizarding World. I would assume their overwhelmingly positive reception would make them a regular thing at HHN, especially since guests have to make that trek past the Wizarding World to get to the Curious George houses.

Glad to see this continuing past even HHN, but I wonder how this may be changing up compared to the gauntlet format (I actually prefer them being out in the open as opposed to being in a small pocket). Nonetheless, love to see the darker side of Potter (that isn't the terf that is JKR) get the time.

Looks like some of the Orlando originals are making their way to USH. Nightingales might make me go to USH this year!

Furthermore I'm under the belief Exorcist ISN'T happening and may very well be a place holder too, alongside the Clown icon.
Been thinking about this a lot again, but it’s got me wondering. If it’s not going to based on the new one this year, any chance it’s just a placeholder for Evil Dead Rise as they both relate to demonic possession?

Probably copium for me, but hey, personally I’d rather not see Exorcist again for the 3rd time.

Been thinking about this a lot again, but it’s got me wondering. If it’s not going to based on the new one this year, any chance it’s just a placeholder for Evil Dead Rise as they both relate to demonic possession?

Probably copium for me, but hey, personally I’d rather not see Exorcist again for the 3rd time.
But if we are getting ED:R, why not just keep the sets and assets used from Hotel? Doesn’t make sense to me to move them to another location when you can just keep them up all year. That’s just me.

But if we are getting ED:R, why not just keep the sets and assets used from Hotel? Doesn’t make sense to me to move them to another location when you can just keep them up all year. That’s just me.
Well if what Chris said is any indication, Last of Us isn't going in TWDA, so that makes it entirely possible the map is (obviously) going to be wrong about a few things, and ED:R is happening in TWDA instead.

It's also possible Exorcist is apart of the Blumhouse maze.

Status
Not open for further replies.