Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of me hates that they're hiding construction because I love seeing anything behind the scenes for HHN but if they're really going this far in hiding the maze construction, then maybe this year there's properties that are worth going that extra mile for. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it lol.

A part of me hates that they're hiding construction because I love seeing anything behind the scenes for HHN but if they're really going this far in hiding the maze construction, then maybe this year there's properties that are worth going that extra mile for. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it lol.
If I had to guess, it's less that the IPs themselves are high profile with a high risk of being lost, and more just that at this point they know the construction and marketing teams will never line up at a pace where they'll announce everything before construction makes it obvious what it is, so to mitigate that theyre just trying to cover what they can.

I'm really surprised it took them this long to go the extra mile to cover up what they're building. You would think after all of these years of the vloggers leaking what it is just by looking at the facade or some random prop, they would've done this sooner.

I'm really surprised it took them this long to go the extra mile to cover up what they're building. You would think after all of these years of the vloggers leaking what it is just by looking at the facade or some random prop, they would've done this sooner.
it finally got too popular. prob got tired of everyone knowing what they were doing. lol

Reactions: Rideguy70
it finally got too popular. prob got tired of everyone knowing what they were doing. lol
I mean, the popularity of the event has been underestimated for years, not just internally but also with fans.

“They gotta open Potter during HHN, it’ll eat up the crowds.” Nope.

“We gotta get the tram back, it’ll eat up the crowds.” Also nope.

The bottom line is a crazy, crazy amount of people attend this event and also spend all year talking/thinking about it. The park only seems to have figured that out recently, somehow.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
I mean, the popularity of the event has been underestimated for years, not just internally but also with fans.

The bottom line is a crazy, crazy amount of people attend this event and also spend all year talking/thinking about it. The park only seems to just now gotten that clue, somehow.
the crowds are eating the park alive lol

If I had to guess, it's less that the IPs themselves are high profile with a high risk of being lost
Doubtful, probably just going to become the standard, even for original mazes now.

The bottom line is a crazy, crazy amount of people attend this event and also spend all year talking/thinking about it. The park only seems to have figured that out recently, somehow.
To be fair, more space open means higher capacity.
To be even more fair, the tram does eat up crowds. When it closes, everything balloons up in the surrounding area.
We need more shows to occupy people's time even after Tram closes. Losing the Castle this year might make things really bad this year if they don't come up with a proper replacement. On top of that, even that one show wasn't enough, we definitely have been needing two this entire time.

I like that line of thinking but I don’t wanna get my hopes too high

To be fair, more space open means higher capacity.
To be even more fair, the tram does eat up crowds. When it closes, everything balloons up in the surrounding area.
We need more shows to occupy people's time even after Tram closes. Losing the Castle this year might make things really bad this year if they don't come up with a proper replacement. On top of that, even that one show wasn't enough, we definitely have been needing two this entire time.
Based on this logic, though, doesn’t another show just equals more space, which just equals higher capacity, aka more people? And maybe I don’t understand what “eat up the crowds” means because the tram has never really accomplished that, and particularly in the last two years — after it had left, and we’ve saying we need it back to help with crowds — the lines have only gotten more insane.

My overall point is fans tend come up with all these operational solutions that will fix the long lines when ultimately the event is hugely popular with theme park people and the GP, and sometimes there’s just no accounting for that.

Last edited:
The thing on having more attractions or shows, is that it would allow you to have more people redirected from that of the core houses.

Super Nintendo World for instance, given it's notable capacity boon would be beneficial to open alongside HHN; especially as you have to go past that to get to the backstage gate where the Stage 15 Queue will begin. You would also have Waterworld for instance, which should have a much more notable capacity size threshold compared to Castle Theater for HHN.

I'd rather capacity boons be given to something that doesn't promote expansion of the event through a ninth house. We don't need 9, not now.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
If I had to estimate, the Terror Tram can take about 2,400 people an hour? What are the house throughputs? I think the tram's effect on crowds is being underestimated.

Very unrelated, but is it just me, or did the HHN youtube channel private everything prior to 2018?
Hoping enough people have reposted or archived those somewhere that they're still accessable, since otherwise all those announcement videos and behind the scenes clips and stuff are pretty much lost media now. Kinda weird of them to just completely block out everything from like 2017-2009 like that.

New Murdy Q&A!

~ "What is a horror topic or trope you have yet to cover that you’d like to get creative with in a house or scare zone?" (by @DesignsbyJess)
Answer: I’m intrigued by Art House horror (ie A24’s films). No idea how that would work but love the general atmosphere and art direction of them.
~ "How are the scarezones coming along?" (by @hnnksffan)
Answer: We’re just starting character design for those.
~ "Do u know if Super Nintendo world will be open during HHN?" (by @orang7sg)
Answer: I haven’t heard a decision on that but like everything else with HHN have to defer to marketing and publicity on official announcements ~
"Should we expect more than 1 or 2 Hollywood IP exclusives for this year’s HHN?" (by @andre_sum_gamer)
Answer: That depends on how your expectations line up with reality
~ "Would you ever do a full house or scarezone based on one of the traditional Halloween characters you had on Tram last year? Like a full-on werecats house or monstrous sheet ghosts house?" (by @Director818)
Answer: I did dig those black cats. Love the mask sculpt for those
~ "Will you be joining this year’s Midsummer Scream again?" (by @ilov3horror)
Answer: I probably should. They just sent my kids (and me) these really cool MSS jackets. But I’ll let them do the official announcement
~ "Would you ever want to make a house based on The Mole People?" (by @aerodragons98)
Answer: Yep. I have a concept for that. Just haven’t done it yet
~ "Have you considered bringing a horror video game over to HHN like The Evil Within or The Last Of Us?" (from @youramigoodavid)
Answer: Yeah. While Silent Hill was based mostly on the movies, part of it was based on the games back in the day
~ "How many mazes will have water effects and will there be any new special effects" (by @rusica_joey)
Answer: Quite a few. Yes there are a lot of SFX this year.
~ "Has the construction on the biggest facade for this year's event started yet?" (by @saintpiss)
Answer: How many locations are we in now, 5 I think? No I don’t think so. One that hasn’t started construction yet
~ "Are there any mazes this year that have already been featured in past HHN events?" (Once again, by Saintpiss)
Answer: Can’t say yet.
~ "Is it fruitless for us to hold out hope on a Stranger Things season 4 maze this year?" (by @Anjftw)
Answer: Well that's a loaded question isn't it?
~ "how about a house hint we deserve at least that" (by @luizzs27)
Answer: Two of the houses have narrators to help tell the story

Additionally: I asked him on the subject of Castle Theater, and if WW will be used, which didn't result to much but it did leave one thing. He is seemingly going to have scenes written where USH Fans and Youtube influencers get killed in the script.

Last edited:
There are now two Blumhouse movies from Universal dated for 2024 (Night Swim and Speak No Evil), which I have to imagine would fill out a potential compilation house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts