Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I KNOW Demon Slayer is the Top Secret IP (I’m also quite quite positive I know what it is after connecting some dots) but what I thought was the Top Secret IP as Demon Slayer, is being listed separately as a Top Secret IP!!! The plot is getting juiiiiiiicy.
Soooo…..you implying two top secret IPs?

I’m still confused on what this whole Terror Tram “celebrities” is supposed to be…

Unless it’s a code name that a famous celebrity is hosting Terror Tram?

That tiny part of me actually wishes it were The Weeknd but oh well, who knows, surprise me Murdy.

Immediate reactions:
* Exorcist without Blumhouse sounds fishy.
* Terror Tram Celebrities could be a collab but if I had to guess it'd probably just be vaguely celebrity/Hollywood themed (expect a lot of reuse of those Weeknd plastic surgery masks from last year).
* Owl is in Parisian, and we have a good sense of what that facade looks like. Reigning guess is some kind of Urban Legend, although the icon would indicate maybe not Chupacabra. Tlahuelpuchi was represented last year and is commonly associated with birds, so maybe that.
* Two top secret IPs! Fun fun fun. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume one is Blumhouse. The other... not really sure what that could be. Maybe a Warners IP?

Uh...

Anyone else notice they're saying there'll be a show at Waterworld? Potentially the return of Slaughterworld?

Jumped out to me, too -- that's wild! Really curious what it could be, assuming it's true, of course. Interesting development for sure.

Also, everyone talking about Demon Slayer, meanwhile me over here going, "WTF is Demon Slayer?" Hah.

But anyway, god, I just have such a good feeling about this year even in spite of (most of) us knowing so little yet... I can't wait.

To speak in regards of the Owl, assuming it's a spanish urban legend: the immediate thought that springs into mind is that of La Lechuza.

La Lechuza is a more niche urban legend than that of a lot of other legends featured prior: based in-between Mexico and Texano lore, as a woman who conducted the art of witchcraft and was slain for the conduct. As a precaution: she ensured that when she died, that she would return to the form more associated with her--of a owl like creature that has the face of a human woman.

La Lechuza would be a strange choice among the urban legends depicted, but it might be what they are looking at in consideration to the GSAT success of La Llorona. That they could go further than that of what they have done with the Weeping Woman, and to tell a revenge story based on the urban legend.

A hunter, seeking her prey and to enact revenge of those who wronged her. It might even explain an element Murdy explained of changing the lead character to that of a feminine based sort than that of a male character. Due to the angles that could be taken further than that of say, an El Cucuy (even as they have reimagined him from the previous designs).

Even though Demon Slayer is unlikely I really like the idea of HHN eventually exploring animated properties as viable IP for the event. That wouldn’t be my first choice though.

Are we not going to talk about the 10 minute cryptic video on the Horror Nights Instagram or...

To speak in regards of the Owl, assuming it's a spanish urban legend: the immediate thought that springs into mind is that of La Lechuza.

La Lechuza is a more niche urban legend than that of a lot of other legends featured prior: based in-between Mexico and Texano lore, as a woman who conducted the art of witchcraft and was slain for the conduct. As a precaution: she ensured that when she died, that she would return to the form more associated with her--of a owl like creature that has the face of a human woman.

La Lechuza would be a strange choice among the urban legends depicted, but it might be what they are looking at in consideration to the GSAT success of La Llorona. That they could go further than that of what they have done with the Weeping Woman, and to tell a revenge story based on the urban legend.

A hunter, seeking her prey and to enact revenge of those who wronged her. It might even explain an element Murdy explained of changing the lead character to that of a feminine based sort than that of a male character. Due to the angles that could be taken further than that of say, an El Cucuy (even as they have reimagined him from the previous designs).
You might be into something here. I’ve noticed the last couple of houses in that venue (Bride and LL) have both had female-heavy casting. I’m wondering if they were looking for another urban legend that would allow for another female-escentric cast?

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
Status
Not open for further replies.