Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope it's just the machine I was at earlier. Also universal seems to be grouping people instead of the usual congo line at least to start. I hope that's not an actual thing this year. They need to keep capacity up. That would be an insane decision.

At this point, they’re supposed to be conga lining if the line is above an hour.

I think what possibly happened is early they were possibly spacing out people due to the houses opening light on scareactors. Later on things seemed to improve a bit. Too many express though.

You can upgrade your normal ticket to express before the event at the normal ticket booths, though they usually only have 1 or 2 open. They deduct the price of your ticket, so for example, on a saturday the upgrade at the start of the night would be 114 dollars because of the price of your general ticket, whereas if you were to get it for the after 11pm express it would be like 90.
Coming back to this... The day i'm going is "sold out" online for Express, but have heard like you say it can be gotten still on location. I'll be in the park before the event starts so i'd assume I can try and upgrade at guest services during regular park hours?

Coming back to this... The day i'm going is "sold out" online for Express, but have heard like you say it can be gotten still on location. I'll be in the park before the event starts so i'd assume I can try and upgrade at guest services during regular park hours?
Most likely, or probably at the kiosk inside the tower at universal plaza.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Does Hollywood really not let you fill water at the freestyle without a validated cup? Like wtf do I have to waste an employee's time during the most crowded event of the year just to get water?
Bro, the freestyle system is so whack and so not customer friendly that I'm eternally surprised it hasn't been forcibly removed. It must be making them a ton of money being so facistic about refills

Reactions: Freakenstein
I would like to know how this will work if the escalators close at 515?

Edit: don’t know if it’s working since I’m on browser. But they’re saying they’re doing early entry wristbands at the box office at 5pm. Yesterday we got them at 3.

Last edited:
I would like to know how this will work if the escalators close at 515?

Edit: don’t know if it’s working since I’m on browser. But they’re saying they’re doing early entry wristbands at the box office at 5pm. Yesterday we got them at 3.
You need to have a 2pm day/night ticket, AP or a daytime ticket and get down there beforehand.

They pass out wristbands at 3pm.

It’s been 10 years now since they added them. They ain’t going away
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

You need to have a 2pm day/night ticket, AP or a daytime ticket and get down there beforehand.

They pass out wristbands at 3pm.
Yeah the picture I’m trying to post is that they’re doing wristbands at 5 today. I forgot you can go down once you have the band. It just stinks that all the d/n combo will have lined up ahead of time for houses.

Yeah the picture I’m trying to post is that they’re doing wristbands at 5 today. I forgot you can go down once you have the band. It just stinks that all the d/n combo will have lined up ahead of time for houses.
Started at the front of stranger things with the day/night at about 430. By five or so I would say there was at least 200 people.

Does Hollywood really not let you fill water at the freestyle without a validated cup? Like wtf do I have to waste an employee's time during the most crowded event of the year just to get water?
Which food place did you go to refill? I had no problem filling my bottle up with water

Okay, I have read through this thread and still don’t think I get it: what time can you enter the park and get in line for a maze if you only have a regular HHN ticket?

Yea it would temporarily close for like 5 mins and then reopen. Went tonight for my second trip, did early entry and was able to do everything but exorcist and monstrous and tram, and i probably could’ve done exorcist but it was almost closing time and I was ready to call it a night. I also used about an hour and a half of my time for food and drinks

Okay, thank you!

If you have Early Access, how early are they currently opening the lines to wait in?
I think Stranger things is about 5:10 or so maybe earlier if it gets busy down on the LL. People will start to line up around 4:30. THOU fills around that time too but doesn't open until 5:45 or 6. If you only have HHN and early entry they don't start letting people in the gates until 5:15 or so. IF you have a pass or are a day guest you have the best options for Early Entry.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I have a question: as a FFP holder, am I able to upgrade to a RIP tour the same way people are able to upgrade to express unlimited on the day of? If so, is it cheaper than online prices?