Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait, you can add Express to FFP in Hollywood?!
I was under that impression, but only on a per night basis. Both times I've checked on the after 11 express this year, TMs have been telling me what it would've cost if I added it at the beginning of the night. To be fair, they didn't know I had FF so maybe I was reaching but I believe it is possible.

• Love
Reactions: Horror Lover
Idk if this is the right place to put it, but I everyone should be warned from here on out that fridays and saturdays are to be reckoned with moreso than any year I have ever attended in the past.
100+ min waits across the board, and on top of that, food locations with only a single cashier, items selling out before the dinner rush, usually all but 1 freestyle machine broken at any given location, and restrooms being randomly closed without even stating if they're actually out of order or not or just being blocked off by security on the busiest night of the season so far, (Including the only notable all gender/accessibility restroom in the park, if you have any kinds of disabilities, or medications that require a more open private space, or if you just aren't comfortable in gendered restrooms).

Sorry if this comes off as a rant, but for your own sakes, unless you want a slew of operational and management issues no matter where you turn, be very weary, as even as an FFP holder who's been a few times and will go again, it was frustrating to even attempt to attend tonight, so if possible avoid them like the plague. There is simply not enough in-park resources to accommodate the guest capacity anymore, you have to either sell less tickets, or schedule and pay more staff, you can't get away with more guests and less staff.

When I visited Thursday the Chucky BBQ was fully staffed, every register filled. I got in line at the door, and it was less than 10 minutes to order and receive my food. Never saw any bathroom closed. The Freestyle machines were mostly closed though, but I just bring my own water bottle; those refill stations were working fine 1000002824.jpg

just confirming for everyone

You can go to the store at the universal plaza on the day you want to upgrade to HHN express and they can do it as soon as the park opens

Just upgraded my general free pass as a platinum AP card holder.
Was 156ish for normal express and 192 for unlimited express

When I visited Thursday the Chucky BBQ was fully staffed, every register filled. I got in line at the door, and it was less than 10 minutes to order and receive my food. Never saw any bathroom closed. The Freestyle machines were mostly closed though, but I just bring my own water bottle; those refill stations were working fine View attachment 19784
Was my experience for Thursday and frankly most other nights too, I have no idea what happened between Thursday at 1 am and Friday at 5 when they knew ahead of time how bad crowds would be within a margin of error.

May be a dumb question, but is it possible to also upgrade to early access from the ticket booths, similar to Express?
I feel like I saw a specific kiosk for it last week but I have no idea if that's actually what it was or not, or if thats something they only do on non-sold out nights.

May be a dumb question, but is it possible to also upgrade to early access from the ticket booths, similar to Express?
I feel like I saw a specific kiosk for it last week but I have no idea if that's actually what it was or not, or if thats something they only do on non-sold out nights.
Yes it is!
I’m at the park right now and upgraded my ticket to express, while I was upgrading I asked the guest services worker if there were early entry tickets available for the night still and he told me there were. There were only 4 available so my group was too large to claim them

Just want to point out and maybe it’s because I’m an AP but no idea how people with express aren’t doing all mazes and shows
It’s 6:20 and have done all 4 Lower lot mazes and stranger things I just got out of a second time and in line for exorcist again

I’ll definitely get all lower lot maxes done twice before 7 pm

just confirming for everyone

You can go to the store at the universal plaza on the day you want to upgrade to HHN express and they can do it as soon as the park opens

Just upgraded my general free pass as a platinum AP card holder.
Was 156ish for normal express and 192 for unlimited express
I did that at the ticket booth last year
Just want to point out and maybe it’s because I’m an AP but no idea how people with express aren’t doing all mazes and shows
It’s 6:20 and have done all 4 Lower lot mazes and stranger things I just got out of a second time and in line for exorcist again

I’ll definitely get all lower lot maxes done twice before 7 pm
What do you mean? Do you have express? What does that have to do with you being an AP?

I have Platinum and am curious…

I did that at the ticket booth last year

What do you mean? Do you have express? What does that have to do with you being an AP?

I have Platinum and am curious…
I was at the stranger things maze at 5:30 pm when It opened vs having to walk down the stairs and get in line

I was at the stranger things maze at 5:30 pm when It opened vs having to walk down the stairs and get in line
Solid tip as they seemed to be holding early entry til 5:30. if you are already in the lower lot then getting things right when they open is easier. Last Sunday someone just had early entry and no day ticket and they did not get to the LL until 5:40.

Reactions: Jerroddragon