Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds good to me. Let's leave TCM and Insidious behind then. HHN shouldn't regurgitate the same IPs from the past just because people in their 30's are nostalgic.
You're right. I think we should just get rid of the houses altogether! No more haunted houses at HHN. It'll just be a tea party.

Yeah, this isn't even remotely the same thing and you know it lol. In fact, this kind of vehement response is proof that Bill and Ted shouldn't come back because it's just a buncha internet weirdos clamoring for it and nothing good happens when you appeal to a buncha internet weirdos.

Sounds good to me. Let's leave TCM and Insidious behind then. HHN shouldn't regurgitate the same IPs from the past just because people in their 30's are nostalgic.

You're right. I think we should just get rid of the houses altogether! No more haunted houses at HHN. It'll just be a tea party.

Yeah, this isn't even remotely the same thing and you know it lol. In fact, this kind of vehement response is proof that Bill and Ted shouldn't come back because it's just a buncha internet weirdos clamoring for it and nothing good happens when you appeal to a buncha internet weirdos.
i want rocky horror picture show back

All this speculation of if B&T should return is basically an exercise in futility unless you can find a spot to hold a show (that isn't Dreamworks).

Maybe the Plaza, but 1) I'm sure the alcohol makes way too much money to move, and 2) even I wouldn't visit a show if it meant standing up for another hour. Half the reason I watch B&T was to sit.

It's kind of crazy how there is nearly literally no opportunity to sit at any point during HHN except maybe eating or the tram.

All this speculation of if B&T should return is basically an exercise in futility unless you can find a spot to hold a show (that isn't Dreamworks).

Maybe the Plaza, but 1) I'm sure the alcohol makes way too much money to move, and 2) even I wouldn't visit a show if it meant standing up for another hour. Half the reason I watch B&T was to sit.

It's kind of crazy how there is nearly literally no opportunity to sit at any point during HHN except maybe eating or the tram.
I mean this is pretty much every day at the parks now, I know there are some huge pro's to the park now...but as someone with family that comes the number one thing they dislike is the lack of shows....Dream works and WW is really just not enough, especially in the summer when the park is open until 9 PM

Reactions: nicodingus
Meh. I saw Bill & Ted the year it got canned. It wasn't funny. Not a dig on the cast at all, but the concept is tired.

Obviously comedy is subjective, and it can have a place at Halloween event if it's done right. Low hanging fruit is just the not way to do it IMO. I don't even dislike the idea of Bill and Ted as hosts for a show. It's just that version of the show that I don't think works for an event in 2024.

Meh. I saw Bill & Ted the year it got canned. It wasn't funny. Not a dig on the cast at all, but the concept is tired.

Obviously comedy is subjective, and it can have a place at Halloween event if it's done right. Low hanging fruit is just the not way to do it IMO. I don't even dislike the idea of Bill and Ted as hosts for a show. It's just that version of the show that I don't think works for an event in 2024.
While true, I think we got a couple of years where B&T really shined.
The year they were doing The Hunger Games parody I remember being a particularly good year.
I think if they ever revisit the show, I think maybe leaning more heavily on the choreography and lighting packages would help.
I also remember a couple of years where the presentation was just so top-notch that you really didn't care as much if some of the jokes missed.

There's definitely an audience for that kind of humor, you need not look any further than the continued popularity of South Park and shows like American Dad or even Family Guy.
But even South Park is leaning more into creating more fleshed out stories based on the things they parody and poke fun at. I think that's the key for the modern audience.

Reactions: chris.g
what are you talking about? they could “win” by putting on a good show — like they did with jabbawockeez for the better part of a decade.
See this is where people are just different

jabbawockeez to me is a whatever show, cool if people like it but I want more unique offering

I also when I went anyway saw both shows last year were packed....and pretty sure while the Purge wasn't like on this site by many...the General going people really liked it

I want Bill and Ted to get another go, if It sucks then yeah its dead but it's been 10 years, no idea why so many are against it...if anything cool go on more houses let myself and the general public enjoy Bill and Ted and you go do houses.

Last edited:
While true, I think we got a couple of years where B&T really shined.
The year they were doing The Hunger Games parody I remember being a particularly good year.
I think if they ever revisit the show, I think maybe leaning more heavily on the choreography and lighting packages would help.
I also remember a couple of years where the presentation was just so top-notch that you really didn't care as much if some of the jokes missed.

There's definitely an audience for that kind of humor, you need not look any further than the continued popularity of South Park and shows like American Dad or even Family Guy.
But even South Park is leaning more into creating more fleshed out stories based on the things they parody and poke fun at. I think that's the key for the modern audience.
That's fair. I am no prude when it comes to comedy, I think a good show using Bill and Ted can be done. They are actually pretty great options for hosts. I would just personally like to see a different type of show if they ever come back.

Dangerous Waters was a hit, no? Anecdotally, it was packed each time I watched it last year, and I thought the general consensus was GSATs were very high. Hard to think of it as anything other than a big win for USH, regardless of how the very niche message board community felt.

Dangerous Waters was a hit, no? Anecdotally, it was packed each time I watched it last year, and I thought the general consensus was GSATs were very high. Hard to think of it as anything other than a big win for USH, regardless of how the very niche message board community felt.

It did very well. Not sure if it was as high as Jabowockeez, but given the tortured production process, folks up high were probably expecting worse.

Although the Jabowockeez are not my thing, I did appreciate them being there just to help thin the herds around the rest of the park. I thought the Purge show was fun with the fake blood and such. I wouldn't mind a part 2 with more time spent on production, but hopefully whatever they choose is at least horror/halloween themed.