Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Corporate events have occurred during the run before, just not on event nights. That said, it's like a couple houses and zones will still be open to them.

I am honestly a little upset that Hollywood is getting Chucky and the Titans of Terror this year. I have always loved years with icons. This year for Orlando does not seem promising in the context of icons or flow of the event. I hope this is not another Evil Takes Root Year.

I would disagree, I'm tired and had enough of the mainstream horror icons (Jason, Freddy, Chucky and Leatherface). I'm quite content Orlando is the one with the originals and Hollywood is heavily IP based.

Just a rough thought here...

There are five more "locked boxes" on the Soul Collectors site. There are also five more weeks before HHN's opening week.

Anyone think one might open up each week?

Someone on another forum is claiming that the hold up could be related to Dementors and them being used as the icon this year. Their claim was that "Soul Collectors" is the non-IP version of a Dementor and is in place as a back-up in case the deal with WB (?) falls through. Seems far-fetched to believe that they would still be working on a deal this close to the event, but has anyone with inside knowledge heard anything that would back up this claim that the Dementors are/were the icon this year? I do remember hearing rumors that they could be incorporated into the event at one point, but this is the first I've heard of them being used as an icon.

Reactions: RevFreako
IF we do get dementors and/or death eaters at the event, I highly doubt they will be a full fledged icon.

I really doubt that Warner would be OK with having any part of their golden goose associated with "hardcore" horror properties.

Potter and Jigsaw do not mix well together.

IF we do get dementors and/or death eaters at the event, I highly doubt they will be a full fledged icon.

I really doubt that Warner would be OK with having any part of their golden goose associated with "hardcore" horror properties.

Potter and Jigsaw do not mix well together.
Literally just said that to my wife when we were talking about this rumor. I could see a small chance, and I hope it never happens, of using a HP character as an icon and having the event predominately themed to Harry Potter (ala HHN23 with the Walking Dead). A couple of houses based on Harry Potter, some scarezones, and the rest of the houses would have to be original ideas as I couldn't see HP sharing a line-up with another IP.

I don't see Dementors or Death Eaters being an icon or overall theme, but I could see it tying in nicely to the Soul Collector theme.

Someone on another forum is claiming that the hold up could be related to Dementors and them being used as the icon this year. Their claim was that "Soul Collectors" is the non-IP version of a Dementor and is in place as a back-up in case the deal with WB (?) falls through. Seems far-fetched to believe that they would still be working on a deal this close to the event, but has anyone with inside knowledge heard anything that would back up this claim that the Dementors are/were the icon this year? I do remember hearing rumors that they could be incorporated into the event at one point, but this is the first I've heard of them being used as an icon.

No. Just.... no.

Reactions: Sledge and MattA

Highly skeptical as well, but when asked about the current listing which shows Gringotts closed during the event, UOR Twitter said currently the case but check back for updates. So it sounds like negotiations with WB are at least ongoing with regard to some things.

Highly skeptical as well, but when asked about the current listing which shows Gringotts closed during the event, UOR Twitter said currently the case but check back for updates. So it sounds like negotiations with WB are at least ongoing with regard to some things.

I've heard from reliable people two things.

1. WB was not happy with the use of WWOHP in USJ last year, especially the Death Eater show. I'm not sure why exactly (they didn't give approvals, the show violated some agreeement, etc)
  2. Universal is shy with marketing Diagon during the event. They don't want guests to go to this event for Diagon Alley, it'll just cause more issues.
tl;dr Don't expect anything special for Harry Potter for HHN UOR.