Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been a couple years--I think nothing tho. The original plan was a South/Central American folklore house in the building that became Transformers. When that was taken off the table, had to scramble to add capacity to the event. I want to say that was the first year they used the parade building (obviously worked well enough to become a staple). I'm sure Dr. Jimmy covers the whole thing in detail in his 2012 history videos.

Just barely beat me to it.

Supposedly they had actually begun construction on the house when the order came in to knock down the building. Haven't heard it from an official source though, so as far as I know that's just rumor. They had used the other side of the parade building every year since 2008, but 2012 was the first year they flipped to the other side.

I'll be curious to see whether its home to an original or IP this year.

Just barely beat me to it.

Supposedly they had actually begun construction on the house when the order came in to knock down the building. Haven't heard it from an official source though, so as far as I know that's just rumor. They had used the other side of the parade building every year since 2008, but 2012 was the first year they flipped to the other side.

I'll be curious to see whether its home to an original or IP this year.

This is correct.

Chupacabra/South American folklore was to go in Hercules/Xena... frames were up when Transformers got fasttracked. Realizing they only had 6 houses in the lineup (down from 8 the previous year), they rushed House of Horrors into the Parade Building, using the mirror opposite side to enter (the now-familiar long walk along that service road).

House of Horrors worked because it relied on functional layouts and scenes from older houses - Dracula's mirror scene from Legacy of Blood, the entire opening forest from Wolfman 2009, the Phantom's alcove from Silver Screams - as well as some fun experimental ideas like the "duck down" crawl space. My main criticism was the lack of real darkness that allowed the Dead Exposure-like lighting scheme to really work.

Been a couple years--I think nothing tho. The original plan was a South/Central American folklore house in the building that became Transformers. When that was taken off the table, had to scramble to add capacity to the event. I want to say that was the first year they used the parade building (obviously worked well enough to become a staple). I'm sure Dr. Jimmy covers the whole thing in detail in his 2012 history videos.

They used the Parade Building in 21 for The Forsaken

Reactions: SeventyOne
They used the Parade Building in 21 for The Forsaken

Yep. Off the top of my head --

2008 - Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare
2009 - Silver Screams
2010 - Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past
2011 - The Forsaken
2012 - Universal's House of Horrors (first time entering from opposite side of building)
2013 - The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven
2014 - Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
2015 - The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead
2016 - Halloween: Hell comes to Haddonfield

Yep. Off the top of my head --

2008 - Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare
2009 - Silver Screams
2010 - Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past
2011 - The Forsaken
2012 - Universal's House of Horrors (first time entering from opposite side of building)
2013 - The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven
2014 - Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
2015 - The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead
2016 - Halloween: Hell comes to Haddonfield

Any reason it was initially off the table for 2012? Seems like top venue outside the studios.

Any reason it was initially off the table for 2012? Seems like top venue outside the studios.
Because they actually had a parade that year. It was the first year for SuperStars, and the Parade building was suppose to a pass through.
So what house is rumored to be off the list now?
I actually already dropped my hint.

EDIT - And... it's one of the tent/sprung locations. I can't say which, but once locations are known I'm sure it'll be obvious.

Last edited:
It's either Saw, The Conjuring, or the unnamed sixth IP; Legacy already replied to one of my posts a few weeks ago that it's not Evil Dead. Without knowing the sixth IP, Saw would make the most sense. There's been next to nothing released regarding the new movie in October, and chances are it gets delayed. The Conjuring is one of the biggest horror franchises out right now with Annabelle 2 releasing one month before the event. I know WB was having some legal issues with the series not too long ago, but that could've just been a farce.

Alright, hate to sidetrack, can anyone here provide me with the order that the houses opened to guests last year? Including Stay and Scream/AP preview if possible.

I'm... deducing...

Alright, hate to sidetrack, can anyone here provide me with the order that the houses opened to guests last year? Including Stay and Scream/AP preview if possible.

I'm... deducing...

AP Preview let people into parade and tent 1 at 5:30 and tent 2 at 5:45. For regular stay and scream AHS was open at 5:45ish for the Lucy area, they alternated between WD and Exorcist for NY S&S, sometimes opened both but the other opening by 6:00. Ghost Town didnt open until 6:30. H2 was open at 5:45 and Tomb didn't open until 6:30. I am not sure about Change or TCSM but I believe they both opened early for Diagon S&S.

Reactions: JoeCamel