Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have they ever done a toon house? I know Alice but more toony than that?

I'd argue HR Bloodngutz was like a cartoon

(God I want Bloodngutz to come back *sigh*)

Writer's strike, VO negotiations, and Harry Shearer specifically basically means it couldn't happen. From my understanding it was part of the initial plan; they would design and record it alongside the normal ride video. The confluence of events slowed development to the point they could only put together the standard show and Treehouse was canned.

They considered doing it again a few years ago. They sent out a survey gauging people's interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say there's no additional show added to replace BT and no additional maze for a 10th, I think a ride HHN-only makeover of the Simpsons can help capacity? The attraction is already open during the event with usually no wait, so maybe having a Treehouse of Horror (or whatever they decide upon) could justify losing a bit of capacity and can pull crowds the same way BT did.

I would assume if there is no additional show, no additional maze, and no ride overlays, the bulk of what Bill and Ted had for budget would go primarily for the quality of the content in the houses and scarezones.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Have they ever done a toon house? I know Alice but more toony than that?
they had a toon SZ a while back called treaks and foons, I'm pretty sure it was used a second time because something fell through in Shrek alley if I'm remembering correctly

I would assume if there is no additional show, no additional maze, and no ride overlays, the bulk of what Bill and Ted had for budget would go primarily for the quality of the content in the houses and scarezones.
Which I would be VERY okay with, with all the money they'll spend on IT and StrTh, we don't want a Hollywood 2017 situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JMalez
Hey y'all, as a reminder please use the +Quote and edit functions if you're posting multiple posts or responses in a quick succession. Thanks.

UOR is interested in expanding their holiday offerings as Christmas showed. I wouldn't be surprised if a separate less scary event is offered parallel to HHN in the future.

Hey y'all, as a reminder please use the +Quote and edit functions if you're posting multiple posts or responses in a quick succession. Thanks.

UOR is interested in expanding their holiday offerings as Christmas showed. I wouldn't be surprised if a separate less scary event is offered parallel to HHN in the future.

Any news of a confidential survey going around?

WINK

http://www.mercadoeeventos.com.br/_...j-e-divulga-novidades-exclusivas-para-201819/

"In addition to parks and hotels, Renato Gonçalves could not fail to mention the Halloween Horror Nights , one of the biggest Halloween events in the world. It is the great event that Universal produces every year. By 2018, dates and number of homes are already set. "This Halloween Horror Nights this year runs from September 14 to November 3 with 9 special houses that will be released throughout the year," he said."
Just want to point out that this article was posted on February 1.

Just want to point out that this article was posted on February 1.

other than showing we aren't finding these things quick enough, what does that change?
Still confused, why does the article being posted February 1st invalidate the guys words?
Not saying things have changed, but as time passes things can change.
Yep. An approval takes a minute. A lot can change in a month in the world of HHN spec.

So in that spirit do we think the dates are set in stone? No chance of going nightly or do you think that could change as well? I know others were predicting that for this year, and if they weren't going to open a 10th house or a new show going nightly would help disperse the crowds.

So in that spirit do we think the dates are set in stone? No chance of going nightly or do you think that could change as well? I know others were predicting that for this year, and if they weren't going to open a 10th house or a new show going nightly would help disperse the crowds.
I'd say there's enough evidence to believe select nights. The every night spec is still just spec for the future.

You’re right, how long before the event did Scream get pulled again? :agree:

That was realllly late. Like...they had already made t-shirts late. Going through the old thread, it looks like it was around mid-August.

BTW...the first rumblings are on pg 90 (around Aug. 14th), and we're already well into page 52 for this year's discussion.