Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I've got a question and was curious about other peoples experiences with this, not directly related to HHN 28 but the event as a whole. Every year selfies with scare actors become more and more popular which I would think would be more disruptive and annoy the actors, so I personally have always video recorded and filmed in passing. However the actors always seemed to turn their back or avoid interacting with the camera which I though was odd considering I don't have to be like "hey take a pic" "do a selfie with me" specifically the Shining twins last year id see them stop for photos but then if I just simply passed by them the second they saw the camera they would turn and walk the other direction. Is there any reason for this that I'm not aware of? Sorry for the length or if this is in the wrong discussion couldn't find another more relevant
It’s definitely become a selfie event, I think that’s pretty much the expectation now. I have had one interesting observation. I don’t normally take too many photos at HHN, I was with a friend and he wanted to get photos of the scare actors and they didn’t seem to like it very much and went out of their way to avoid him. I was a little shocked because the few times I had taken photos they were all over it, posing and even moving into light. I realized it’s because the few times I’ve done this it’s been with bigger DSLR’s. After this I started noticing this trend a lot more. If they perceive that you have a nice camera they’ll go out of their way for photos with you likely with the hope they’ll eventually get nice photos of themselves that they can find through social media, if your taking an iPhone photo good luck.

It’s definitely become a selfie event, I think that’s pretty much the expectation now. I have had one interesting observation. I don’t normally take too many photos at HHN, I was with a friend and he wanted to get photos of the scare actors and they didn’t seem to like it very much and went out of their way to avoid him. I was a little shocked because the few times I had taken photos they were all over it, posing and even moving into light. I realized it’s because the few times I’ve done this it’s been with bigger DSLR’s. After this I started noticing this trend a lot more. If they perceive that you have a nice camera they’ll go out of their way for photos with you likely with the hope they’ll eventually get nice photos of themselves that they can find through social media, if your taking an iPhone photo good luck.
I mean it sucks for anyone other than enthusiastic photographers, but it only makes sense

I've had pretty good experiences taking video with my iPhone. Scareactors usually come up voluntarily and give a good "scare" into the camera. Some even go the extra mile and talk or interact.

I had a good 10 seconds or so of one of the chainsaw actor's in Survive or Die act like he was cutting me down with his prop. It turned out pretty cool.

I think it helps if you hold your phone in landscape mode. It shows that you know what you're doing a little better than if you're walking around with it in portrait.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
http://www.mercadoeeventos.com.br/_...j-e-divulga-novidades-exclusivas-para-201819/

"In addition to parks and hotels, Renato Gonçalves could not fail to mention the Halloween Horror Nights , one of the biggest Halloween events in the world. It is the great event that Universal produces every year. By 2018, dates and number of homes are already set. "This Halloween Horror Nights this year runs from September 14 to November 3 with 9 special houses that will be released throughout the year," he said."

Universal reúne 500 agentes no RJ e divulga novidades exclusivas para 2018/19

"In addition to parks and hotels, Renato Gonçalves could not fail to mention the Halloween Horror Nights , one of the biggest Halloween events in the world. It is the great event that Universal produces every year. By 2018, dates and number of homes are already set. "This Halloween Horror Nights this year runs from September 14 to November 3 with 9 special houses that will be released throughout the year," he said."

Well... that means unless an IP falls through or Orlando isn’t sharing something with Hollywood it’ll be a 7/2 IP:Original split

http://www.mercadoeeventos.com.br/_...j-e-divulga-novidades-exclusivas-para-201819/

well there's dates and house count, that kinda just happened lol

Reactions: RevFreako
To me that confirms there will be at least 9 houses, but doesn’t necessarily exclude the possibility of more. It’s very early information intended to give people selling trips the most basic of information.

Let's keep complicating things...

BFB945DD-0327-4B26-A013-86513B80822B_zpsrsw0a3nc.jpeg

"... More scary houses than ever..."

Let's say there's no additional show added to replace BT and no additional maze for a 10th, I think a ride HHN-only makeover of the Simpsons can help capacity? The attraction is already open during the event with usually no wait, so maybe having a Treehouse of Horror (or whatever they decide upon) could justify losing a bit of capacity and can pull crowds the same way BT did.

Let's say there's no additional show added to replace BT and no additional maze for a 10th, I think a ride HHN-only makeover of the Simpsons can help capacity? The attraction is already open during the event with usually no wait, so maybe having a Treehouse of Horror (or whatever they decide upon) could justify losing a bit of capacity and can pull crowds the same way BT did.
It would help capacity, but it's not happening.

wasn't there an issue where a designer wouldn't agree to a ToH overlay?

wasn't there an issue where a designer wouldn't agree to a ToH overlay?
Writer's strike, VO negotiations, and Harry Shearer specifically basically means it couldn't happen. From my understanding it was part of the initial plan; they would design and record it alongside the normal ride video. The confluence of events slowed development to the point they could only put together the standard show and Treehouse was canned.