Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That was realllly late. Like...they had already made t-shirts late. Going through the old thread, it looks like it was around mid-August.

BTW...the first rumblings are on pg 90 (around Aug. 14th), and we're already well into page 52 for this year's discussion.
Haha both of those are bloody hilarious

That was realllly late. Like...they had already made t-shirts late. Going through the old thread, it looks like it was around mid-August.

BTW...the first rumblings are on pg 90 (around Aug. 14th), and we're already well into page 52 for this year's discussion.

I’m still mad that Scream got pulled, it looked like a really good house. Same with Conjuring, but Hive was actually a good replacement

I’m still mad that Scream got pulled, it looked like a really good house. Same with Conjuring, but Hive was actually a good replacement

I've seen a bunch of hate for Hive, but I loved it. I liked all the originals best last year.

I got to go through Hive with my mom and it was seriously just us two in the whole house, got everything timed perfectly, unforgettable experience

To me, Hive was a bit too bland. It DESPERATELY needed a queue video (an '80s-style news report similar to this), though the fact that it was a backup house, combined with the budget cuts (I HATE PARADES), makes me think it wouldn't have been allowed.

Last edited:
To me, Hive was a bit too bland. It DESPERATELY needed a queue video (an '80s-style news report similar to this), though the fact that it was a backup house, combined with the budget cuts (I HATE PARADES), makes me think it wouldn't have been allowed.

I’m really curious to see what the GP thought about Hive considering the description for it over explained the concept. Also about last year, were they counting on Conjuring to be sort of the big name modern IP to draw in teenagers? I think Blumhouse might have been that but it didn’t really draw too big of crowds

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
If they don’t have a show to replace Bill and Ted is this when they introduce Death Eaters to Diagon to eat traffic?

I’m sorry.
isn't there a problem with JK not OKing it?

seriously though the first time I went through Knockturn Alley I felt it was built for a SZ tbh

Saw on Orlando Weekly a run down of HHN rumors, supposedly an original set on a space station is rumored? Not sure where that came from but that would be SUCH an awesome maze if it ever happened. Besides that it featured the IP lineup we all know, and a speculation on David Pumpkins possibly replacing B&T

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
isn't there a problem with JK not OKing it?

seriously though the first time I went through Knockturn Alley I felt it was built for a SZ tbh

It’s usually not JKR but WB. And i still think a HHN with Potter is a bad idea. Not that having a Potter Halloween show/activities are bad...

Saw on Orlando Weekly a run down of HHN rumors, supposedly an original set on a space station is rumored? Not sure where that came from but that would be SUCH an awesome maze if it ever happened. Besides that it featured the IP lineup we all know, and a speculation on David Pumpkins possibly replacing B&T

Orlando Weekly also gets their info from sites like this and spits balls. I’m taking a guess Ken wrote the story? (Pun unintended)

A space maze and a Halloween traditions maze (TrT)? Mmm...almost smells like 18. Me likey.

I enjoyed every house, but I would have to say that Hive was my least favorite. It was still a good house, but I felt it was lacking a bit of fun and interesting details (or at least I just didn't notice them). It was all a bit muddy (literally). confusing thematically, and I agree with the word "bland". I also agree the story that went with it was better than the execution again this isn't to say it was bad... I just wish it was more detailed and themed. Perhaps made it a bit more campy.

I enjoyed every house, but I would have to say that Hive was my least favorite. It was still a good house, but I felt it was lacking a bit of fun and interesting details (or at least I just didn't notice them). It was all a bit muddy (literally). confusing thematically, and I agree with the word "bland". I also agree the story that went with it was better than the execution again this isn't to say it was bad... I just wish it was more detailed and themed. Perhaps made it a bit more campy.
haha Horrors of Blumhouse looked at all of those faults and turned them up to eleven.

A space maze and a Halloween traditions maze (TrT)? Mmm...almost smells like 18. Me likey.
I would rather a "Halloween traditions" original maze rather than a TrT IP maze tbh