Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Somehow I don’t think that’s the final logo, just the base logo they’ve always had.

As far as making up for the loss of B&T, maybe the house/zone budget is just substantially increased, without having to spread it extra on a tenth? I can get on board with that. :)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
actually, it seems they got the number and the "cult classics" from this “first press release”:
WoNjdX2.jpg
maybe something only sent out to promoters??

Don't read too much into that, it's press fluff.

Sorry I might be naive, but it appears all tickets except Saturday are currently buy one get one free? Have they done this before? Don't you think this will severely affect crowds?

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Rush of Fear was 91 dollars last year for 10 nights (14 dollar difference from the BOGO deal)

Frequent Fear was 102 dollars last year for 19 nights (25 dollar difference from the BOGO deal)

Neither of those significantly more expensive than the BOGO deal.
Really? Man, I remember paying $600 for two rush of fear with Express last year and I guess I didn’t check the non Express option.

Yeah I find it strange if they do have IT and Stranger Things they are giving away tickets. Going to be packed as is.

Maybe this is a signal that nothing will be officially announced anytime soon? A discount gives them a chance to drum up early bird sales without any IPs.

If we want to play conspiracy theory, the deal ends on June 6th, a Wednesday, and Universal tended to announced things on Thursdays...

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah I find it strange if they do have IT and Stranger Things they are giving away tickets. Going to be packed as is.

Y'all, let's be honest, they basically already give nights away with FFP/ROF as is. Those things are criminally cheap.
Yeah this is also a case of taking days away rather than adding them. In the past if you wanted two nights you had to buy a FFP of some sort, essentially giving you multiple extra nights for free. I think the logic has always been that they want you to come back for that third or fourth or more nights. This gives people a very viable option for just two nights and those third or fourth nights that most people would have just viewed as a bonus become an add on rather than included, pushing those people to fewer nights potentially.

So what I wonder is if this is a test and if so are they trying to push 3 night people to 2 nights or are they trying to go after those who only do one night and get a little extra out of them. I suppose it could wash out in the end or I could see it going either way.

Rush of Fear was 91 dollars last year for 10 nights (14 dollar difference from the BOGO deal)

Frequent Fear was 102 dollars last year for 19 nights (25 dollar difference from the BOGO deal)

Neither of those significantly more expensive than the BOGO deal.
It was $300 and $600 for the ones that actually got you into the houses rather than into the line to wait til you could get into a house.

I don't know how many times I have seen it posted that "I would not attend without express!" and I wholly agree.
I expect to see $330 and $660 pricing this year and am ready to pay. Can't wait to June to give them my money,.

It was $300 and $600 for the ones that actually got you into the houses rather than into the line to wait til you could get into a house.

I don't know how many times I have seen it posted that "I would not attend without express!" and I wholly agree.
I expect to see $330 and $660 pricing this year and am ready to pay. Can't wait to June to give them my money,.
It all depends on how you do it. I went 25 times last year, I never waited in long lines and did usually between 3-9 houses each night. Express would’ve been nice just couldn’t justify the price.

I've literally never had Express and I've never not enjoyed my time at the event. :shrug:

It all depends on how you do it. I went 25 times last year, I never waited in long lines and did usually between 3-9 houses each night. Express would’ve been nice just couldn’t justify the price.
I wish I could do that but I like to drink so I have to stay onsite. This limits me to RoF dates and I won't stand in line. Rather be in a house or in the bar so the money is worth it to me. You can do it if you are young but I choose not to along with so many others that there were many complaints about how many express were sold last year.

Reactions: SeanPhilly
Yeah I have no interest in waiting over 30 minutes for anything on top of using Express to hit houses twice or more on a single night.