Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've literally never had Express and I've never not enjoyed my time at the event. :shrug:
You must not have gone with all those posters that say they won't without express. I tried it and swore never again. Don"t tell me I'm not doing it right, I understand the game plan. I fall firmly in the express camp and it gets worse each year.

You must not have gone with all those posters that say they won't without express. I tried it and swore never again. Don"t tell me I'm not doing it right, I understand the game plan. I fall firmly in the express camp and it gets worse each year.

I mean, I'm not gonna judge you if you get express, but I've never found it to be necessary.

I mean, I'm not gonna judge you if you get express, but I've never found it to be necessary.
You do you but I have attended enough to know what my threshold of pain is. Last night of 25 me an a very hard core attendee had express so we did all nine then tried to hit the last CoC show. While waiting for the show to begin I just couldn't stand any longer and had to go sit at Mel's. My back wouldn't let me stay standing. I don't have a bad back but I am 63 and cannot stand that long. The guy I was with made it but he is superman and 2 months younger than me.

There’s no wrong way to do it, I totally get why you do it your way. I certainly enjoyed it my way and express would have made very little difference. On a typical night I show up early hang out at either Finnegans or Duff for S&S then run through multiple houses with no wait at all. Then I go watch B&T. After that go through some scare zones maybe something else. Makes for a very nice relaxing night, and I enjoy spreading it out over nearly two months.

There’s no wrong way to do it, I totally get why you do it your way. I certainly enjoyed it my way and express would have made very little difference. On a typical night I show up early hang out at either Finnegans or Duff for S&S then run through multiple houses with no wait at all. Then I go watch B&T. After that go through some scare zones maybe something else. Makes for a very nice relaxing night, and I enjoy spreading it out over nearly two months.
I personally get to the gate about an hour early, hit the most popular houses first when the have no line, then run around the SZs and originals until there are only a couple I have to wait in a decent sized line for
People arguing if they'd attend without express...

My wife and I agree we won't go without the RIP Tour...
I forget, what does that entail again?

Reactions: DannyPowers
I feel like with Stranger Things and IT at the same event you almost need an express pass if you wanna be able to do at least 3-4 houses
seriously, if you are quick and are at the front of the gate (no idea how stay and scream works tbh), you can hit those big IP houses at the VERY beginning of the day with no lines and then probably hit them at the VERY end of the night as well

I personally get to the gate about an hour early, hit the most popular houses first when the have no line, then run around the SZs and originals until there are only a couple I have to wait in a decent sized line for

We'll see you there. We can sit under the umbrellas and eat some sandwiches together.

Seriously though, you have it exactly right. It gets even better when you spread the whole event over two or three nights.

It was $300 and $600 for the ones that actually got you into the houses rather than into the line to wait til you could get into a house.

I don't know how many times I have seen it posted that "I would not attend without express!" and I wholly agree.
I expect to see $330 and $660 pricing this year and am ready to pay. Can't wait to June to give them my money,.

This is besides the point being raise: BOGO tickets impact will be the same as RoF/FF. Anyway....

Reactions: JoeCamel
We'll see you there. We can sit under the umbrellas and eat some sandwiches together.

Seriously though, you have it exactly right. It gets even better when you spread the whole event over two or three nights.
EXACTLY, two or three is what I did last year and I did all houses every night and got a really good idea of each house and SZ so I could make an event review. It was so much fun I think I'm going to go something closer to 5 or 6 nights this year :lol:
This is besides the point being raise: BOGO tickets impact will be the same as RoF/FF. Anyway....
What do you mean when you say "impact" impact on sales? attendance?

Reactions: DannyPowers

Maybe slightly less, because you have to a fairly "early adopter" to get that deal. The Joe-Blows that buy Publix tickets that day will probably still do that, and I feel they make up for a good bit of the nightly audience.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't know me and my friends really timed it perfectly with Stay and Scream and WITHOUT any express passes, we did all 9 houses Bill & Ted and rides, including an hour long que for Gringotts. We aren't spring chickens either.. There is temptation to get an express pass, but if I got a 2nd night free I would most certainly NOT get one.

I don't know me and my friends really timed it perfectly with Stay and Scream and WITHOUT any express passes, we did all 9 houses Bill & Ted and rides, including an hour long que for Gringotts. We aren't spring chickens either.. There is temptation to get an express pass, but if I got a 2nd night free I would most certainly NOT get one.
How does stay and scream work? is it better than Gateing it in the annual pass line?

oh, wow. this is something I'm definitely going to try
Highly recommend it. My buds and i did it the last three years (our first time, three years ago, was purely accidental as we had dinner at Finnegans). We do Express and this allows us to do 2 or 3 houses without using Express. And then do those houses again later in the night with Express.

Yeah, we hit up Blumhouse and HIVE both before the event opened then walked right through Evil Dead at like 6:02.

This was all after a very relaxing/delicious dinner, duff, and donuts at Fast Food Boulevard/Duff Gardens... The weather was perfect! Now I'm getting sad I'm not going back this year.

We also made great use of the app. It really helped us determine which houses to do when. The longest house line we waited in was Saw at 45 minutes, Like I said earlier the longest line was actually Gringots and the wait time was about 20 minutes longer than posted I think they were having tech difficulties.