Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue with a physical ticket is creating more contact, as well as people congregating around the areas where those physical tickets are collected. This would also be an issue for a "band" of some sort.
Project for it. Socially distanced lines and set up a hands-free scanner like VB, I am sure they could repurpose/tweak their current designs.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The only issue with a physical ticket is creating more contact, as well as people congregating around the areas where those physical tickets are collected. This would also be an issue for a "band" of some sort.
Have you seen how they are doing the scan to get into the park? You literally have to scan a finger, so no matter what kind of ticket there will still be contact through the scanner.

Take into account that this has been the earliest announcement so far; please have patience.
Wish we could go back when all the j fo was dumped on a single day around August.

Reactions: reeseyNG
Take into account that this has been the earliest announcement so far; please have patience.
Wish we could go back when all the j fo was dumped on a single day around August.
Tbh, I like how they steadily give announcements to build up hype. I feel like they won't announce anything major until closer to the date of the event since they want some confirmation that it'll happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do some announcements of stuff we already knew to hold us over until then. However, even though I wouldn't be surprised, I also wouldn't expect it.

But here's the deal with announcements: things get lined up and planned and scrapped all the time. A big, negative news story causes Disney and Universal to scrap plans all the time.
Exactly this. We can never confirm anything until Universal does, so while speculation on announcements may be nice, it's important to never expect the announcements to follow your schedule.

Exactly this. We can never confirm anything until Universal does, so while speculation on announcements may be nice, it's important to never expect the announcements to follow your schedule.

There are some guidelines they follow: announcements around when tickets go on sale, announcements during "down" times to keep engagement high, a full-court press the 45 days, etc. That doesn't mean they'll follow them (see 2017 and last year) but it's good for guessing. My gut says they'll follow something like 2017 where they sprinkle announcements throughout the year but mostly focus on late July/August.

Anyway, some interesting audition info:

There are some guidelines they follow: announcements around when tickets go on sale, announcements during "down" times to keep engagement high, a full-court press the 45 days, etc. That doesn't mean they'll follow them (see 2017 and last year) but it's good for guessing. My gut says they'll follow something like 2017 where they sprinkle announcements throughout the year but mostly focus on late July/August.

Anyway, some interesting audition info:

..."strong in the dance styles of hip hop and jazz"? Could it be a show they're doing? This feels like it would be for a show. Or maybe for that one unknown original scarezone.

The big problem is each person in ur group can get a pass. A group of 8 can get 8 different times. I know people that did bettlejuice 5 times because of this.

I feel that this is exactly what they need to figure out before they try and implement it park-wide or event-wide.

The fact that several large groups can potentially eat up a good bit of capacity, whether they're intending to use it all or not, is a huge issue.

Add to the fact that it's very possible (and extremely likely...hell, I know that it happened last year) that "people that know other people" will be able to easily hit houses several times, while others might be fighting to just get through once.

Last edited:
..."strong in the dance styles of hip hop and jazz"? Could it be a show they're doing? This feels like it would be for a show. Or maybe for that one unknown original scarezone.

This makes sense, I would definitely expect a show if the event is moving full speed ahead. It's a people eater and Fear Factor is a huge venue that can hold a bunch of people even with social distancing.

I'm curious as to what kind of show they would do as you have to hope for the best and plan for the worst, so something like AOV or B&T would probably not be possible. Not saying them specifically as the chance for that is near zero, but just saying a highly skilled show with cast members that have to do unique/specific parts. The possibility of someone catching Covid then having to have the rest of the cast isolate would be a big concern. I almost see something like the movie The Running Man, where you have the primary show on a screen (aka pre-recorded in this case) and then dancers coming out to perform between skits. There'd be multiple dancers, perhaps like casts for houses, and God forbid the need arise to swap people out, they could seemlessly do it. If there are multiple casts and a majority is prerecorded, it could hypothetically be performed every hour if not quicker to help reduce crowds while keeping people relatively distanced. If the pre-recorded part sounds like a bad idea, just think of how excited the crowd always got for the Bill & Ted preshow with the internet fails montage.

I think it's almost a certainty we get some kind of Fear Factor show, but I expect it to not be quite as involved and diverse as previous ones.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Have you seen how they are doing the scan to get into the park? You literally have to scan a finger, so no matter what kind of ticket there will still be contact through the scanner.
Yes - they actually went back to the finger scanning in the middle of our trip oddly enough.

Regardless, it will likely be split between VQ and normal queueing. The Volcano Bay method would definitely be nice but I just don't see how they could implement it for HHN.

Status
Not open for further replies.