Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All good things come those who wait, announcements will be ready when they’re ready, just be glad you got Beetlejuice out of announcement hell. As for the dance audition, could be for anything, zone, I’m still skeptical of a show being in FFL but who knows, it’s best to leave as a URest area and nothing more for this year.

Considering we have most of April plus May, June, July, and August until a single person is waiting in a HHN queue, my expectation is that there will be no VQ, no visually-indicated social distancing markers (just stand where you feel comfortable), and mandatory masks for the event.

Barring any sort of virus mutations that circumvent vaccines, I suspect that most of the public will be comfortable with that.

Considering we have most of April plus May, June, July, and August until a single person is waiting in a HHN queue, my expectation is that there will be no VQ, no visually-indicated social distancing markers (just stand where you feel comfortable), and mandatory masks for the event.

Barring any sort of virus mutations that circumvent vaccines, I suspect that most of the public will be comfortable with that.

this is my guess. Most of the public will be able to be vaccinated by then.

Thoughts on this: they are extending mardi because of the success of the lanyards and the tasting. Thoughts on them doing somethingsimilar for HHN or Fall? They have brought other ideas from other events to different holidays and been successful (Tribute store). Would bring in a decent $$ if they did something like that. Sorry if it’s not much speculation on HHN.

I know they were exploring all of their options last year, but I have to believe a mass virtual queue would spectacularly backfire if it applied to a majority of mazes. It bears repeating that every guest not in a queue is out in the street (or in another queue). Crowding in zones can be a mess in a normal year, but if the bulk of the populace is waiting for a queue spot to open up? We're in for a real nightmare - and that's not even addressing how flawed the virtual queue system is in its current form.

I have to hope that the rate of vaccinations will result in a substantial loosening of restrictions, including the elimination of social distancing requirements.

I just agree with all the statements strongly against VQ and that it would backfire...I just don't see any good from this...the "small" crowd that came for Beetlejuice weekend struggled hard to get VQ, myself included I failed to get a VQ, and just left crowds of people desperately crowding around the entrance waiting for a cast member to let you in, thankfully that worked for me...I just no ...please world no I couldn't handle it if this happened...

And as far as the TapuTapu discussion it is two completely separate methods in my mind. I actually love the TapuTapu because it is stress free of "will I even get in a house even once!?" you just go the attraction entrance and just get a return time if the time works for you. No stress of rides getting booked to capacity literally within seconds of park opening. So I would invite that style of queue to HHN however there is no way to practically do that this year I believe.

So again please please please no no no VQ!

I agree with you. I think a lot of people are acting like the event is happening tomorrow.

Knott’s Scary Farm limits the amount of FFP they sell and pretty much sell out of those every year

It’s not an option I like, but it’s an option

In addition they could restructure FFP dates to make them a shade more restrictive

I know they were exploring all of their options last year, but I have to believe a mass virtual queue would spectacularly backfire if it applied to a majority of mazes. It bears repeating that every guest not in a queue is out in the street (or in another queue). Crowding in zones can be a mess in a normal year, but if the bulk of the populace is waiting for a queue spot to open up? We're in for a real nightmare - and that's not even addressing how flawed the virtual queue system is in its current form.

I have to hope that the rate of vaccinations will result in a substantial loosening of restrictions, including the elimination of social distancing requirements.
I feel better now lol...I'm curious how much they can expand the queues of houses..

It seems like some of them have a lot of room to work with

I'm also interested to see if they reduce capacity at all

Not to be a negative Nancy, but are we just going to skimp over the very real idea that a) not every attendee of HHN is going to be on board with even getting a vaccine to begin with and b) everyone who is working at the event might not be fortunate enough to get vaccinated?

I understand the optimism in wanting HHN to be as normal as possible but I personally just don't think it'd be wise or just to throw the switches, open the gates and just act like the world is completely normal at this year's HHN. What will the event look like? No idea. The cynic in me thinks they'll likely throw a lot of caution to the wind because dollar signs but here's to hoping for different.

Not to be a negative Nancy, but are we just going to skimp over the very real idea that a) not every attendee of HHN is going to be on board with even getting a vaccine to begin with and b) everyone who is working at the event might not be fortunate enough to get vaccinated?

I understand the optimism in wanting HHN to be as normal as possible but I personally just don't think it'd be wise or just to throw the switches, open the gates and just act like the world is completely normal at this year's HHN. What will the event look like? No idea. The cynic in me thinks they'll likely throw a lot of caution to the wind because dollar signs but here's to hoping for different.

There should be no reason by September that anyone who wants to get the vax can't get one. At that point, that's the risk a non-vaxxed person takes.

There should be no reason by September that anyone who wants to get the vax can't get one. At that point, that's the risk a non-vaxxed person takes.
They’re already opening up vaccines to all those over 16. Honestly, everyone that wants a vaccine by Sept should probably be able to get it. However, consider the fact that many people are gonna be anti-vax with this vaccine, so I’m guessing Uni will still wanna be cautious and require masks or have some safety measure in place.

Yeah I mean, Orlando staffed three houses by the end of last year (of course there was more holes than they'd like) and that was in the middle of a raging pandemic.

With a widely available vaccine to everyone in the US no later than May 1 (and sooner than that in most states), there's absolutely no reason to believe they can't do an event this year that's fairly close to what we normally see. The real question is what capacity will they be running the event at.

At that point, that's the risk a non-vaxxed person takes.

And therein lies a pretty big debate. I agree, it's their risk. Should Universal allow those people to take that risk though? I don't know nor is it my place to decide for them.

You could say that anti-vaxxers 'deserve' what they get but there's something there about being the bigger person and giving them as little room as possible to act in a dumb manner.

Let's also not forget that there does exist the possibility that you could still carry the virus even after vaccination so yes, it might still be better to remain safe and cautious.

That Mayor Demings announcement about the mask mandate potentially being dropped in June has me thinking that HHN this year is going to be pretty dang close-to-normal.

And if it's not are people going to be upset because they are hoping it will be five months before the event even begins when we just went through one of the most turbulent and fluid years in American history?

If restrictions in the regular parks loosen up before HHN and things look better and better, by all means ramp up the excitement for a fully normal HHN. Until then, though, I would remain hopeful but respectful of the restrictions still in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.