Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My assumption is that they are probably going to try to put Beetlejuice in the third room or so. They'll probably keep the first room the same or at least pretty similar. I can see the second room being pretty equal as well, with maybe some minor changes. I feel the third and fourth room is where we see the most changes, with the third becoming BJ and the fourth becoming the food room. Or maybe they just mix everything up. Idk, but I can't see them changing the entire thing, just some minor elements.

If the rooms were last minute or not, I’m sure they wanna do something better than what they did before, that’s how Universal is to outdo what they did before in store design, house design and marketing design. It’ll be the same originals and ips just restructured nothing more, nothing less. Most of the set pieces I’m sure they still have, the staircase with Beetlesnake, the Maitlands, The Grave Display and Dante’s, they’ll all be featured but I’m sure grander than they were before, they’d probably just save it for the last room. As for Monsters being the first I could see it staying, but Jack’s and Hill Houses rooms might be altered abit.

If the rooms were last minute or not, I’m sure they wanna do something better than what they did before, that’s how Universal is to outdo what they did before in store design, house design and marketing design. It’ll be the same originals and ips just restructured nothing more, nothing less. Most of the set pieces I’m sure they still have, the staircase with Beetlesnake, the Maitlands, The Grave Display and Dante’s, they’ll all be featured but I’m sure grander than they were before, they’d probably just save it for the last room. As for Monsters being the first I could see it staying, but Jack’s and Hill Houses rooms might be altered abit.
Hill House will get the most changes, I’m pretty sure of that. It seemed to be the most inconsistent with the IP, I know that change probably came from them not being able to use it in the tribute store that year for licensing reasons, but that probably means they’ll change it to make it more Hill House obvious.

Hill House will get the most changes, I’m pretty sure of that. It seemed to be the most inconsistent with the IP, I know that change probably came from them not being able to use it in the tribute store that year for licensing reasons, but that probably means they’ll change it to make it more Hill House obvious.
Wait.. was that sort of filler room supposed to be hill house?

Yup but I’ll be honest, regardless of the ip, the concept for the show was good, execution was eh, the house is very meh on my list, the second season didn’t do it justice, it’s definitely one to keep low expectations on but that’s just me. I would just redressed the room as the Maitlands attic and then just into the fuller Beetlejuice room, give BJ two rooms and it would have been good transition.

It was supposed to be Hill House but don't forget that they probably had to completely redo major parts of it to take Hill House out of the Tribute Store since Netflix maybe didn't want Hill House to make its appearance at HHNLite. I wouldn't be surprised if it is much much better next year and more obviously Hill House.
Yup but I’ll be honest, regardless of the ip, the concept for the show was good, execution was eh, the house is very meh on my list, the second season didn’t do it justice, it’s definitely one to keep low expectations on but that’s just me. I would just redressed the room as the Maitlands attic and then just into the fuller Beetlejuice room, give BJ two rooms and it would have been good transition.
I feel that with Hill House shouldn't be underestimated for this event, it probably won't be the best of the houses but I feel that it will rank higher than most people expect. I personally think the first season of Hill House was probably one of the best horror shows I've seen from the past decade and I have no doubt that Hill House will be absolutely gorgeous and cinematic in all the best ways. Maybe not as scary as some of the others but the atmosphere and design will be on point.
I see a lot of people really putting Hill House low on their hype but from what I've heard of the house, keep those expectations up. They didn't use the New Parade building for nothing and I'm sure we'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, though. I just wish more people were excited for Hill House and could see how great it could really be.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHNObsession
It was supposed to be Hill House but don't forget that they probably had to completely redo major parts of it to take Hill House out of the Tribute Store since Netflix maybe didn't want Hill House to make its appearance at HHNLite. I wouldn't be surprised if it is much much better next year and more obviously Hill House.

I feel that with Hill House shouldn't be underestimated for this event, it probably won't be the best of the houses but I feel that it will rank higher than most people expect. I personally think the first season of Hill House was probably one of the best horror shows I've seen from the past decade and I have no doubt that Hill House will be absolutely gorgeous and cinematic in all the best ways. Maybe not as scary as some of the others but the atmosphere and design will be on point.
I see a lot of people really putting Hill House low on their hype but from what I've heard of the house, keep those expectations up. They didn't use the New Parade building for nothing and I'm sure we'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, though. I just wish more people were excited for Hill House and could see how great it could really be.
I hear where you’re coming from but by the looks of this years speculated houses and of course the one recently announced, Hill House is sorta in a hard spot, there’s a lot of big contenders this year. Granted the ip had gained a lot of attention during its popularity, there are some heavy hitters like TCM and of course Beetlejuice that have garnered far more. I’m not gonna judge the house since experiencing but after ST 2, I think some people are sorta tired of Netflixs’ involvement abit in the event.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I hear where you’re coming from but by the looks of this years speculated houses and of course the one recently announced, Hill House is sorta in a hard spot, there’s a lot of big contenders this year. Granted the ip had gained a lot of attention during its popularity, there are some heavy hitters like TCM and of course Beetlejuice that have garnered far more. I’m not gonna judge the house since experiencing but after ST 2, I think some people are sorta tired of Netflixs’ involvement abit in the event.
Idk why people would be sick of Netflix, it’s only been here for three years. And they can provide a lot of various movies and shows, it’s not like The Walking Dead or Purge. Netflix is just a film company, no reason in getting tired with it. I think people are more sick of Stranger Things, not Netflix.

Idk why people would be sick of Netflix, it’s only been here for three years. And they can provide a lot of various movies and shows, it’s not like The Walking Dead or Purge. Netflix is just a film company, no reason in getting tired with it.
Having a property more than once can be a little bit annoying is what I mean, granted, yes it makes a lot of money but takes away other opportunities for other ips to come in for to grab. Honestly I see Hill House as sorta a one hit wonder and one and done.

Having a property more than once can be a little bit annoying is what I mean, granted, yes it makes a lot of money but takes away other opportunities for other ips to come in for to grab.
I think that would mean more people are getting tired of Stranger Things, not Netflix though. Netflix itself isn’t the IP, it’s just the production company behind various IPs. No different than Warner Brothers or Universal.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think that would mean more people are getting tired of Stranger Things, not Netflix though. Netflix itself isn’t the IP, it’s just the production company behind various IPs. No different than Warner Brothers or Universal.
Netflix properties I meant but not stray from the fact that I don’t think it’s a big house ip worthy thing, just simple cut and dry haunted house with some good scares, Dead End but just an ip

Netflix properties I meant but not stray from the fact that I don’t think it’s a big house ip worthy thing, just simple cut and dry haunted house with some good scares, Dead End but just an ip
I don’t think many people would get sick of the entirety of Netflix giving different, unrelated IPs to use in HHN. I could understand if it was a “Best of Netflix” house like they did with Blumhouse but having separate IPs that come from the same production company is no different than having Poltergiest in 28 and then Killer Klowns in 29. Both are MGM properties.

I don’t think many people would get sick of the entirety of Netflix giving different, unrelated IPs to use in HHN. I could understand if it was a “Best of Netflix” house like they did with Blumhouse but having separate IPs that come from the same production company is no different than having Poltergiest in 28 and then Killer Klowns in 29. Both are MGM properties.
Yeah but they don’t have horror properties like Shudder or Crypttv which honestly are much better choices for Universal to use.

Yeah but they don’t have horror properties like Shudder or Crypttv which honestly are much better choices for Universal to use.
I see what you’re saying but tbh, we could get both. We are getting both Shudder and Netflix this year after all (Creepshow and Hill House). I think it matters more what the actual IP is than the production company though. All Netflix did was help produce it and show it on their platform.

I will say, I wouldn’t complain if Amazon prime tried to get house slots in the future. The new anthology series they just released ‘They’ is a great modern horror that would translate well in a house.
I could see it as a future use, there’s other companies do some really good horror anthology or horror series a little bit better and worthy of a chance.

Reactions: Morganxrose
I will say, I wouldn’t complain if Amazon prime tried to get house slots in the future. The new anthology series they just released ‘They’ is a great modern horror that would translate well in a house.
I can’t find anything on They, did you mean the show Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.