Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more interested in this question being answered than anything else right now. Marathon of Mayhem was my favorite aspect of 29...and there were some really good houses there. So anything that comes close to that lagoon show in quality would really appeal to me. Icons would be great. Hard to do "best of" houses because you'd have to try and get IP contracts done again for the scenes and music, so I don't see that happening. They could just copy Mayhem and incorporate TCM, Hill House, Beetlejuice, and Creepshow as the 4 core films - though outside of Beetlejuice the music from those 4 aren't as strong/known as Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, and Stranger Things. But I'm confident they will do a great job nonetheless.
Maybe they will have the Icons introduce each IP. Take the 5 big ones (Jack, Caretaker, Storyteller, Director, and Usher) and have them each take an IP to introduce. I imagine Bride of Frankenstein might also have a part so you would have 5 IPs in the show. Then each IP would get there 3-4 minute scene. Finally, they finish it off with an Icon/30th anniversary finale. So just have tons of fan favorite characters from the past showing up for a few seconds and then finish it off with all the Icons. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but I feel that could be pretty cool and very much a possibility.

Reactions: PlatinumFate
I feel that while the music aspect of the lagoon show this year may be weaker, I have high hopes that the visible aspect may be stronger! Beetlejuice and Creepshow are can lend very well to having colorful segments, Hill House and Beetlejuice could lend well to projections, and TCM could be presented as a return of a horror icon, almost right before a big finish. Throwing some Icons in there couldn't hurt them either. I feel like this year's lagoon show will be pretty great, maybe equal to last years.
I don’t think they will feature Texas in the lagoon show, just the four ips and brides and work with whatever material they can use to make it presentable but that’s if they are sticking to a lagoon show this year.

Maybe they will have the Icons introduce each IP. Take the 5 big ones (Jack, Caretaker, Storyteller, Director, and Usher) and have them each take an IP to introduce. I imagine Bride of Frankenstein might also have a part so you would have 5 IPs in the show. Then each IP would get there 3-4 minute scene. Finally, they finish it off with an Icon/30th anniversary finale. So just have tons of fan favorite characters from the past showing up for a few seconds and then finish it off with all the Icons. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but I feel that could be pretty cool and very much a possibility.
I think this would be cool and this would probably make 30's lagoon show my favorite, but I don't know since that would mean they'd have to film the characters doing those introductions and I don't know if they'll do that.

I don’t think they will feature Texas in the lagoon show, just the four ips and brides and work with whatever material they can use to make it presentable but that’s if they are sticking to a lagoon show this year.
I think TCM has a good chance of appearing tbh. It would lend itself better to the lagoon than Hill House I think, though Hill House could certainly make for an eerie environment.

Of course the expectations are high, it's an anniversary event and we didn't get HHN last year. People have high expectations but lets be real, once we step foot into the parks...we're just gonna be happy to be back at our event.
You're getting a little to excited though, granted yes its an anniversary year but it could easily end up like 20, just my thought, they're goal is to try and be better than 25, that's a big step and goal for em, will they reach it? Maybe, maybe not, the houses this year are promising, don't get me wrong but only handful could be heavy hitters. You've seen three of the core houses already, they were alright, they could get better or stay the same, I'd just keep it a little low in case is all but that's just me. As for Texas, I can't see it being put in the lagoon show because it's sorta in the position that House was, it's good in the marketing ploy, good on the shirt, good on posters but the show will probably feature the latter than it

as for the The music from Marathon of Mayhem consisted mostly of 80s, this year theme would have more in vein of the 90s-esque. The icons inclusion in the lagoon show would be an importance if this was their "farewell", it would work well having them saying their goodbyes among many horror scenes from Universals' library of 30 years of horror films.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: snayberry
I know it's not much, but do you guys understand how AMAZING the Creepshow colors would look in the lagoon show?View attachment 14358View attachment 14359
Oh definitely, they'd probably have Fluffy be on the marketing artwork or somewhere in the Creepshow design along with a monster from the first season or something, it would definitely work very well. Fluffy happens to be my favorite creature in Creepshow, so for me that'd be pretty sick, definitely couldn't stop going through Creepshow in California and enjoying The Crate scene, a really good classic segment.

Reactions: hhnlover
You're getting a little to excited though
Is it possible to be too excited for this event? Let me be overly excited for this event, I'm ready and so is everyone else. HHN30 has been long awaited and it's mere months away now.

I know it's not much, but do you guys understand how AMAZING the Creepshow colors would look in the lagoon show?View attachment 14358View attachment 14359
That's exactly what I was saying! This movie's colors are gorgeous and are going to lend perfectly to an HHN house and lagoon show. Same with Beetlejuice! High hopes y'all, this year is looking up!

Is it possible to be too excited for this event? Let me be overly excited for this event, I'm ready and so is everyone else. HHN30 has been long awaited and it's mere months away now.
I'm not in your way lol and it's only 143 days away but who's counting? I'm sure everyone will get their long-awaited excitement eventually but the road is still under construction. I just can't wait to see peoples' house reactions more than anything, that should be funny and interesting.

I'm not in your way lol and it's only 143 days away but who's counting? I'm sure everyone will get their long-awaited excitement eventually but the road is still under construction.
I'm counting, out here crossing off the days on my calendar. And even though the road is under construction, we're seeing progress. It just builds the hype more for when that road opens!

Reactions: hhn28andbeyond
Of course, well back to the speculation I guess, what's the topic house today?
Topic house today is gonna go to the scarezones. Do we have any info yet on what the unknown original will be? I still feel that the unknown original is gonna be the one to host some of the dancers but I'm not sure why (I literally have no proof backing this up, its a gut feeling). Additionally, what do we think will be included in the rumoured "Best of Scarezones" zone? We are pretty sure of Vamp '55 but what else?

Topic house today is gonna go to the scarezones. Do we have any info yet on what the unknown original will be? I still feel that the unknown original is gonna be the one to host some of the dancers but I'm not sure why (I literally have no proof backing this up, its a gut feeling). Additionally, what do we think will be included in the rumoured "Best of Scarezones" zone? We are pretty sure of Vamp '55 but what else?
You saw the poster, that's your tease of the first zone, I wouldn't doubt they still are the same zones just tweaked abit, I don't see Creepshow staying as zone for long and just going back in its place a house again.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazyhorrorkid
You saw the poster, that's your tease of the original zones.
Absolutely, but consider this:
1.) The rumoured unknown original zone might have changed since that poster was released (Considering HNN is still unsure enough to not include it on the specmap). I feel like they had plans for it and didn't include it on the poster (cuz I have no idea what it would be on the poster) or they changed it since then. I really have no clue.
2.) I'm more wondering what the previous scarezones represented in the "Best of Scarezone" will be?

Absolutely, but consider this:
1.) The rumoured unknown original zone might have changed since that poster was released (Considering HNN is still unsure enough to not include it on the specmap). I feel like they had plans for it and didn't include it on the poster (cuz I have no idea what it would be on the poster) or they changed it since then. I really have no clue.
2.) I'm more wondering what the previous scarezones represented in the "Best of Scarezone" will be?
The original scarezone to me was just the best of zones from the past including Festival of the Deadliest certain creatures and monsters and icons and recognizable faces which honestly wouldn't have doubt calling it 30 Years 30 Fears or 30 Years of Fears. The other rumored zone which I still was skeptical about which had a small surrounding which I think was LITC meets Vamp 55, a crossover zone which seems eh, I'm sure it'll have an audience but eh, then you got Creepshow which is a little bit of the original and shudder show, so Nate, Fluffy and Upton Pratt and then the big three monsters from the first season of Creepshow including the Creeper himself. This is just my thought on the three zones, they could all be different.

The original scarezone to me was just the best of zones from the past including Festival of the Deadliesta certain creatures and monsters and icons and recognizable faces. The other rumored zone which I still was skeptical about which had a small surrounding which was I think LITC meets Vamp 55, a crossover zone which seems eh, I'm sure it'll have an audience but eh, then you got Creepshow which is a little bit of the original and shudder show, so Nate, Fluffy and Upton Pratt and then the big three monsters from the first season of Creepshow including the Creeper himself.
I'm 99% sure Vamp55 would be in the best of scarezone section because I can't imagine it'd be anywhere else (though Universal could always surprise me, nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed by Uni). Also, LiTC and Vamp55 have two distinct themes, are vastly different in concept, and take place in two completely separate parts of the country. I know HHN isn't really known for making sense but I can't imagine they'd shove the two together and expect a good product. It has to be something else and I really cannot put my finger on it.

I'm 99% sure Vamp55 would be in the best of scarezone section because I can't imagine it'd be anywhere else. Also, LiTC and Vamp55 have two distinct themes, are vastly different in concept, and take place in two completely separate parts of the country. I know HHN isn't really known for making sense but I can't imagine they'd shove the two together and expect a good product. It has to be something else and I really cannot put my finger on it.
You do know they are one to mess with lore right? They've been doing that with the crossovers for quite sometime *cough* Body Collectors Recollection *cough* Jack and Eddie *cough cough* Things can change though, hell we could end up with no scarezones and just scareactors posing for pictures on stilts, you never know what Universal could be doing, it's not gonna be roaming hordes around the park that's for sure.

You do know they are one to mess with lore right? They've been doing that with the crossovers for quite sometime *cough* Body Collectors Recollection *cough* Jack and Eddie *cough cough*
Yeah, that's why I said "HHN isn't really known for making sense." However, I think after having basically all of their original scarezones this year be anniversary stuff (Terra Queen, 30th Anniversary, Best of Scarezone), I feel like they'd want at least one original that has nothing to do with the past. A new original concept. LiTC can go to the 30th anniversary zone and Vamp 55 to the best of scarezone zone. That's probably why it says "Select Cuts By Meety Meetz (the houses) and Vamp 55 (the zones) on the poster. It's referencing the best of scarezones zone and the 30th anniversary zone, not the unknown original.

Status
Not open for further replies.