Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We fly primarily SWA and my last three scheduled nonstops (2018/2019) were all cancelled. Hoping our current nonstops for HHN30 are not cancelled.

People complain about the multi-night tickets? I know people complain about Express and want them to get rid of that, but didn't know people wanted the multi-night tickets to go away. Though it makes sense in that they'd believe it to reduce wait times.

the reasoning is that multi-night guests clog the queue lines. that multi-night guests are the reason that queue lines are 2 hours.

but I also read from some uni employees that ffp don't make that much of the crowd.
I don't know lol.

the reasoning is that multi-night guests clog the queue lines. that multi-night guests are the reason that queue lines are 2 hours.

but I also read from some uni employees that ffp don't make that much of the crowd.
I don't know lol.
But why would universal want less people spending money? Good for consumer? Maybe. Good for business? Nope.

if you remove ffp
you multiply single day tickets

From the perspective as someone traveling to the event, I don't just buy the numbers of nights I would've gotten if there was ROF or FFP.

HHN now has to re-earn each night that would've been wrapped up in 1 transaction.

If I know Saturdays are the worst, am I now going to pay a premium for the privilege of being in that crowd? No. I'd look into going somewhere else that night and then they lose the spend they would've had. Multiply that by each night you expected to go and the math gets very fuzzy.

With ROF/FFP I will be attending 10 nights(including on site hotel stays) and without I would only be attending 2 nights. While this is only my personal situation, I have to imagine the net loss of removing ROF/FFP would be significant.
Yea. I've got 4 nights planned for my trip and I was planning on getting express with my pass. If multinight passes didn't happen (they are happening, people just need to relax), I'd go maybe 2 nights and only get express for one of them. That's 2 nights of lost revenue from me.

Yep. Just think about all the booze they will sell to people who come 5-6-7 nights because they have ROF or FF. Imagine all the booze they WONT sell if that number for people drops to 2.

I can personally account for about 7 orders of pizza fries in a 4 day trip. :grin::grin::grin:
Same. We typically go for 6 to 7 days and do the FFP. We definitely spend more on any given day on food and booze than the cost of a daily ticket.

My group does Stay and Scream every night we're in town at Finnegan's (yes, insert jokes about the Finnegan's people). We go a good 30min before the park closes to get a table, order full meals and several rounds of drinks. We run up a $200-$300 bill each night depending on how many adult beverages we have. We're HOPING to go 5 nights this year ASSUMING they have the ROF+Express we always get. So between the time the park closes, to the time of the event starting, we'll probably be dropping $1,250 in park during our time there. Not an insignificant amount of cash from 6 guys.

We also buy APs so we get free parking, can do the parks in the day, and get a discount on Merch. That's probably $350+ each for that pass. Then we all buy the RoF+Express so probably another $350+.

And none of us live anywhere near Florida. So those tickets are really only for 5-7 days per year. So we're each paying at least $100 per day that we are at the parks on tickets only. Then at least $100 more each for food and beverages. Then tons of merch and some of us doing the 6-house UTH tour. We usually go to Pat O'Briens a night or two after HHN. So that probably averages out to about $250-$300 per HHN day/night for each of us.

If they got rid of multiday tickets, I think we'd probably only do 2 nights (with the possibility to buy another one if it's super awesome) with no express and then probably buy the SeaWorld pass to go 3 other nights for $80 and blow all kinds of cash on drinks and food there. Instead of an AP, might just get one of the 3-day 2-park passes that you can get on Tickets at Work for under $200. Don't really need the AP if we aren't doing Stay and Scream every night.

That's just one group, but a good and accurate outline of how the lack of multinight tickets would affect the amount of cash we dump into the parks.

My group does Stay and Scream every night we're in town at Finnegan's (yes, insert jokes about the Finnegan's people). We go a good 30min before the park closes to get a table, order full meals and several rounds of drinks. We run up a $200-$300 bill each night depending on how many adult beverages we have. We're HOPING to go 5 nights this year ASSUMING they have the ROF+Express we always get. So between the time the park closes, to the time of the event starting, we'll probably be dropping $1,250 in park during our time there. Not an insignificant amount of cash from 6 guys.

We also buy APs so we get free parking, can do the parks in the day, and get a discount on Merch. That's probably $350+ each for that pass. Then we all buy the RoF+Express so probably another $350+.

And none of us live anywhere near Florida. So those tickets are really only for 5-7 days per year. So we're each paying at least $100 per day that we are at the parks on tickets only. Then at least $100 more each for food and beverages. Then tons of merch and some of us doing the 6-house UTH tour. We usually go to Pat O'Briens a night or two after HHN. So that probably averages out to about $250-$300 per HHN day/night for each of us.

If they got rid of multiday tickets, I think we'd probably only do 2 nights (with the possibility to buy another one if it's super awesome) with no express and then probably buy the SeaWorld pass to go 3 other nights for $80 and blow all kinds of cash on drinks and food there. Instead of an AP, might just get one of the 3-day 2-park passes that you can get on Tickets at Work for under $200. Don't really need the AP if we aren't doing Stay and Scream every night.

That's just one group, but a good and accurate outline of how the lack of multinight tickets would affect the amount of cash we dump into the parks.
Same for me and my group. I almost always do Stay and Scream at Finnegans and get a table there. Besides that we buy the AP for Stay and Scream, stay on site and buy plenty of Merch and UTH Tour. If there would be no multi night ticket (we normally get ROF+) we would probably end up only spending two nights there and do express for one night. We would not spend time at the Finnegans Stay and Scream and would just go to Simpsons for the houses. Plus we would definitely not buy as much additional food & beverages from the tents. In 2019 I alone spend almost 1,3k on HHN (Merch, Tour, Food, Drinks, Hotel and ROF+ Ticket)

Reactions: Tobias
Yup happened to me. They will let you make a one time free of charge change so look at the flights and replan your trip.

My 1010am PIT to MCO became a PIT -> FLL -> MCO, getting in 3 hours later than initially planned. So I rebooked for free to a 1250pm flight and I’ll get in at 3pm.
Just checked my direct flight BUF->MCO in October and nothing has changed, yet... i wouldn't mind it honestly, we're trying to get into Orlando a day earlier, but prices are really high right now to switch!

So that I can get the small part of my brain to shut up, Legendary Truth isn't a last-minute to replace an IP right? It isn't a Scream-->Purge/AHS-->Evil Dead situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.