Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 309 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris Shuster Presents: Legendary Die-In

While Crypt isn't always my cup of tea, ol' Birchy should look pretty fabulous, as could the Aponi witch statue, though that's a deep cut. I think my personal favorite of their monsters is the Kinderfänger, but I can't see that being accurately represented without a screen or projection of some kind.

Fingers crossed Uni's holding out on Creepshow 'til next time around? :shrug:

Reactions: reeseyNG
My current speculation running through my mind is:

How long till they set up the projectors in the long sound stage lines playing those behind the scenes videos? It seems like the second or third week before they break them out.

How long till they set up the projectors in the long sound stage lines playing those behind the scenes videos? It seems like the second or third week before they break them out.

They would usually wait to October, but with how busy the event has been recently it should be there from day one.

I remember 2 weeks into the event (for HHN29), the behind the scenes videos were playing on the small screens for the Shrek queue. I don’t know if they were playing since the start of the event, but that’s what I remember.

Also I don’t think there was actually going to be an announcement last week.

I dunno if we’ll get one this week either.

While I'm in the boat that felt there was supposed to be an announcement last week, I do agree I don't think we'll be seeing one this week. With the usual timeframe of everything being announced being just two weeks away, I think they're gonna' go for something that we haven't gotten in a long while, and that's...

UPLENCE!

YOU. OWN.
EVERRRRY-THINGGGG!

...Ok, maybe not Opulence, but you know what I'm getting at. A full-on info drop of everything that hasn't been announced yet. It'll be like the Icon years of early August.

Last edited:
While I'm in the boat that felt there was supposed to be an announcement last week, I do agree I don't think we'll be seeing one this week. With the usual timeframe of everything being announced being just two weeks away, I think they're gonna' go for something that we haven't gotten in a long while, and that's...

UPLENCE!

YOU. OWN.
EVERRRRY-THINGGGG!

...Ok, maybe not Opulence, but you know what I'm getting at. A full-on info drop of everything that hasn't been announced yet. It'll be like the Icon years of early August.

I love a good Drag Race reference, thank you!!! Sorry haha just had to acknowledge that.

I love a good Drag Race reference, thank you!!! Sorry haha just had to acknowledge that.

You're welcome, I couldn't resist. :heart:

But yeah, if more stuff/FFP is announced this week, great! If not, it feels like a lot of folks have been hinting at the first week of August, so that's perfectly fine as well. I'm already bracing myself for the hit my wallet is gonna' take, but this is a rare case where I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: HHNObsession
I'll leave this here since I didn't see it posted anywhere else and this is the most likely group of people to benefit from this, but if you're already booking a hotel package for HHN and you have an American Express card, there's a current Amex offer for $100 back on a $500 purchase for UO vacation packages that include both hotel and theme park tickets, which basically free money (at least for me).

It's like getting a free multi-night extra night ticket. ;D

I'll leave this here since I didn't see it posted anywhere else and this is the most likely group of people to benefit from this, but if you're already booking a hotel package for HHN and you have an American Express card, there's a current Amex offer for $100 back on a $500 purchase for UO vacation packages that include both hotel and theme park tickets, which basically free money (at least for me).

It's like getting a free multi-night extra night ticket. ;D

might wanna check the date….

I look forward to the day that the thread collectively moves out of the “I want all the information possible and I want it now” phase
But "I have a structured settlement and I need information noooow!" (/s) Okay, sorry, had to make a dumb joke.
It's been fun just sitting back and letting info roll in as they release it, for me. No hate on speculation, I'm just enjoying the lead-up to the season. I miss the Halloween atmosphere, and even though I'll probably be hitting up HoS more often due to proximity, I'll absolutely do a night or two at HHN, maybe try to stay on site for the first time. Oops, ramble, just keep being excellent to one another! :cheers:

*pulling this conversation from the Construction thread*
I don’t like the idea of “prison camps.” That’s a little too real world horrible/unjust. Do we think the Cyberpunk motif is enough to steer the concept into a more fantastical horror aesthetic?
That and the aliens? Probably.
I agree but we should wait till we see the final concept. We all heard of the plastic surgery scare zone and some thought that could be insensitive but instead we got Vanity Ball.
If the aesthetic of the zone wasn’t a big enough tell, the story I’ve heard for this zone does have some fascistic overtones. That said, if they do what I’ve heard they wanted to do, the zone will have enough fantasy/sci-fi integrated into the overall aesthetic to make the tone feel earned instead of cheap.

*pulling this conversation from the Construction thread*

If the aesthetic of the zone wasn’t a big enough tell, the story I’ve heard for this zone does have some fascistic overtones. That said, if they do what I’ve heard they wanted to do, the zone will have enough fantasy/sci-fi integrated into the overall aesthetic to make the tone feel earned instead of cheap.

My concern with this is that the scareactors won’t do a good job telling the story. The last few NY zones have had the most atrocious examples of scareactors breaking to socialize with friends, take photos, or goof around.

To earn the theme you’re describing, the scareactors need to be to dedicated to telling that story. The way auditions are just type casting body types and not skill or acting chops has my expectations tempered, even though it sounds like a very cool concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.