Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 308 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elaborate entrance made sense before the metal detectors were put by parking because we had to spend a lot of time waiting outside the gates. but even then it was something that was not always appreciated by everybody. and the screen was cool, but you only saw it for a couple of minutes (leaving or going in)
the entrance decorations were cool, but it always felt like the stuff was ignored by most people
I mean if you look at the lines outside on peak nights it is also a long time

Last edited:
A decorated Entrance would be cool but I doubt for the money they spend on it most people wouldnt see it for more than a few minutes maybe snap a pic then go back to ignoring it

I mean if you look at the lines outside on peak nights it is also a long with time
yes true, but it always felt like gate decorations belonged inside, in the park itself.

A decorated Entrance would be cool but I doubt for the money they spend on it most people wouldnt see it for more than a few minutes maybe snap a pic then go back to ignoring it

the videos playing at the gate (on a loop ) got annoying sometimes.

Would like for them to invest in traditional Halloween decorations throughout the parks (and resort) though. For a resort that hosts the "best Halloween event in the world" there's really nothing that says Halloween is here unless you are at the event.
Well, it's not "best daytime Halloween park". I wouldn't mind seeing IoA do a little more, though.

Are you trolling or serious? A bit ago you said you were late to speculation and wanted a recap just for you. That's like walking into a movie late and yelling to the others in the cinema, "Sorry I'm late, what did I miss?"

Now you ask about FFP which like 10 pages back, was a raging debate. And then another 10 pages back was a debate. Then another 10 pages back someone's best friend's sister's boyfriend's dog told them no FFP with only 2-3 day multi-night passes. Then 10 pages before that someone in customer service said they were going on sale "soon". Etc. Probably 100 of the 300 pages of speculation has some mention of FFP passes.

Then you ask about Eddie...one of the Mods (Joe, Brian, can't remember which) posted a link to his whole backstory a while back.

Try using the "search forums" option to research your own questions before posting them as you seem to only be asking stuff that has been clearly discussed/debated to death.

You're coming at me why? Seems like you just wanted to whine, because you could have not said anything. Both of my questions were already answered, and nobody needs to respond to me if they don't want to. Also, nobody needs to do "research" (LOL) before posting, who are you???? Lmao get out of here. You're so uptight over two questions that you could have simply ignored. I certainly didn't care too much about my questions because if I did then I probably would have done the "research". It's not that serious Neo

I just assume that when you are known for a Halloween event the rest of the resort is celebrating the holiday as well with a few classic pumpkin decorations and what not.
I imagine the logistics and time needed to convert the park between closing and HHN opening are complex enough without having to also take down some family friendly stuff.

They do leave the pumpkins in Central Park up during the day tho.

Alright let's cool down everyone.

You're coming at me why? Seems like you just wanted to whine, because you could have not said anything. Both of my questions were already answered, and nobody needs to respond to me if they don't want to. Also, nobody needs to do "research" (LOL) before posting, who are you???? Lmao get out of here. You're so uptight over two questions that you could have simply ignored. I certainly didn't care too much about my questions because if I did then I probably would have done the "research". It's not that serious Neo

Actually, not only is it common forum etiquette but it is a part of the forum rules. We understand in some cases its hard to filter through 100 new pages of discussion, which is why the search button is a handy tool.

"We recommend using the search function or reading all up-to-date posts in a thread before replying in order to maintain the discussion of the thread and to avoid asking previously answered questions."

I imagine the logistics and time needed to convert the park between closing and HHN opening are complex enough without having to also take down some family friendly stuff.

The only decorations removed are the gory ones. Props like the Poltergeist clown, imagery at Rob Zombie etc… are still kept. But I’m also up for IOA to get some Halloween decor, at least on the entrance.

You can leave up pumpkins and decorations.All I’m asking for is some traditional Halloween decor throughout areas of the park that don’t have scare zones and at the park entrance.

You can leave up pumpkins and decorations.All I’m asking for is some traditional Halloween decor throughout areas of the park that don’t have scare zones and at the park entrance.

Universal was already going in that direction starting in 2019 with the Potter decorations, characters, and shows. 2020 bumped it up again (even if it was more a function of necessity) and the teasing of IOA decorations leads me to believe we’re going to be getting more soon.

I'll offer an apology for being extra cranky. Besides crying/arguing about the Billie house, this was pretty much the most debated/argued topic for the thread. So I apologize for my snarkiness, but stand by a level of due dillegence being requires before inserting yourself into a long ranging discussion.

But honestly apologize for my seeming attack on one person....the whole "straw that broke the camel's back" thing.

I think Crypt TV will be a perfect for a scare zone. Especially, if it's in the San Fransisco area. They did a scare zone for a night at Knotts Scary Farm before. It may not be the scariest stuff in the world, but the monsters like the Look-see, the Mordeo, and Miss Annity are really creepy looking. I recommend checking it out.

Wow, you’re fun

how much time do you really spend at the gate? no i dont mean waiting to enter, not waiting as the line moves forward
how much time do you spend hanging out by the gate just to watch the screens?
and if your answer is ("bro i spent ONE hour by the gate watching the vids brother)
then i would be glad to hear, but most people are glued to their apple phones to even notice the gate stuff.

how much time do you really spend at the gate? no i dont mean waiting to enter, not waiting as the line moves forward
how much time do you spend hanging out by the gate just to watch the screens?
and if your answer is ("bro i spent ONE hour by the gate watching the vids brother)
then i would be glad to hear, but most people are glued to their apple phones to even notice the gate stuff.
What's the point of any facade by that logic? An entrance can be the perfect extra little touch that makes an event feel even more complete. I don't think it's necessarily fair to judge it by time spent staring at it. Some of the best parts of the event are only briefly seen such as gates opening moments with scareactors, house facades, queue videos, and even specific house scenes are typically only seen for mere seconds (assuming you're fortunate enough not to miss any of them). Obviously, it's not needed, but I don't think it's worth discarding especially after years of repeating the same look ad nauseam. A nice refresh can go a long way, especially after nearly a decade of the same look.

Last edited:
What's the point of any facade by that logic? An entrance can be the perfect extra little touch that makes an event feel even more complete. I don't think it's necessarily fair to judge it by time spent staring at it. Some of the best parts of the event are only briefly seen such as gates opening moments with scareactors, house facades, even specific house scenes are typically only seen for mere seconds (assuming you're fortunate enough not to miss any of them). Obviously, it's not needed, but I don't think it's worth discarding especially after years of repeating the same look ad nauseam. A nice refresh can go a long way.

yes. you make a good point on that. I guess the facade is part of the entire house and you are entering a different world. (Which the same could be said for the entrance of the park) but the facade of a house is right next to the house so you kind of follow a story with the sets, but the gate and the videos at the gate are kind of disconnected.
you are correct in the facade being something that we see briefly. you got me there. i agree. but i think when you remember a house, you remember it as a a complete package. from beginning to end.
I do miss a decorated entrance like we had in 2007 and 2009 for example. those were amazing. but at the same time i can see why they would take it out.
and I was thinking after my other post, not only are there no screens or much decoration in the gates, but the website stopped having cool graphics and cool games and videos. the website was my favorite part of waiting for the event to open.
now we barely get graphics for each property (back then we had very elaborated websites like in 2007. that is my all time favorite HHN webite stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.