Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream replacement would be a sequel, IP, and original all rolled up into one.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space in 3D.

That was originally going to be the title of the scrapped sequel and then they had the TV show coming and now are back to square one. So it would be an original the sense that it's not a recreation of an existing film or TV series. I'm sure the owners of the IP would be quick and easy to sign a contract same with the music composer.

Already have the costumes and a 3D house with lots of monochromatic backgrounds with selected spots of neon paint is a relatively cheap and quick build.

Doesn't look like we have a comedy house this year so it would fill in that gap nicely.
Agreed! I hope that is true, because if it is (I hope to dear GOD it is), it will easily be my most anticipated house for this year! Killer Klowns from Outer Space is my all time favorite horror movie!

Would really love and Treaks and Foons original house this year. It would be the more comedic maze of the year, and could bring back the most famous fear, clowns. I think it would be really fun, and if the scarezone are right, they have costumes for them, so.
I already have a concept title for the house: “Treaks and Foons: Clown Works, Inc.” Think of it as Killer Klowns meets Willy Wonka but with more gore and dead bodies.

Worth pointing out at this stage that the replacement could easily be an IP. Silent Hill, Us, and The Purge were all IP-based replacements. But... it could also just as easily be an original they had ready to go.

Could go either way. In my opinion, makes things more fun.
Silent Hill was a replacement? For what?

Feel like they'd go for an IP replacement just so Halloween isn't the only one at the front.

For what it's worth re: the possibility of future Chucky attractions, that merch illustrates my point re: the rights Universal has and doesn't have. Whenever they use "plain" Chucky, they reference Child's Play 2 or (in some cases going forward, probably) the Chucky TV series. If they use stitch-face Chucky, they reference Bride of Chucky. Universal controls Child's Play 2, 3, Bride, Seed, Curse, Cult, and the series. They do not control the original film or the remake with the "Buddi" doll.

With all that said... I think the current creative team got Chucky out of their system with the "Revenge" zone a few years ago. They may not be itching to reuse many of the same visual ideas in a maze so soon, even with the synergistic opportunity the series presents.

I'd love a house that takes place in an abandoned toy store...have the shelves form the path so that you can see much of the house no matter where you are.

Worth pointing out at this stage that the replacement could easily be an IP. Silent Hill, Us, and The Purge were all IP-based replacements. But... it could also just as easily be an original they had ready to go.

Could go either way. In my opinion, makes things more fun.
Do they have contingency plans (i.e. original replacement) for every IP house in case the holder pulls out?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Don’t know if this was mentioned but I found an interesting theory on the tribute store:

Aren't Jaws and ET being re-released in theaters this summer?

Puts the Tribute store in a unique position in that it is promoting "current" movies and has a tight renovation turnaround to HHN.

This theory I think is on the right track - HHN Tribute Store will maintain the theater theme, but with classic horror movies.

It's cast the same as pretty much any other scare zones, Universal just never recognizes it as an official one.
Got it. Just with this post, I wonder if in casting they say to the chainsaw horde that they’re being casted in a “scarezone” or a “roaming horde”. I haven’t seen this confusion any other year til now, so I was a little curious

Reactions: Uouserhhn
Got it. Just with this post, I wonder if in casting they say to the chainsaw horde that they’re being casted in a “scarezone” or a “roaming horde”. I haven’t seen this confusion any other year til now, so I was a little curious
Just reached out to a friend who has worked the Springfield hoard before. They said that casting has always considered it "zone 6".

Just reached out to a friend who has worked the Springfield hoard before. They said that casting has always considered it "zone 6".

If it's in Springfield, it has to be labeled as "Roaming Horde" due to legal. If there's a Zone 6 expect some sort of horde, that doesn't necessarily dictate that it will be chainsaws (most likely) or the location.

I'm quite interested to see what they do with the Evil Dead space, without remodeling the house what could fit what seems to be an apartment building space and work? I still lean original but would be very pleasantly surprised with an IP if they can shoehorn one in

Reactions: Uouserhhn
I'm quite interested to see what they do with the Evil Dead space, without remodeling the house what could fit what seems to be an apartment building space and work? I still lean original but would be very pleasantly surprised with an IP if they can shoehorn one in
It appears that they've actually taken down the existing sets so they won't have to worry about fitting things into an apartment setting

I was thinking the replacement could be "Nope". Similar situation to "Us" in 2019, and they're already using it in Hollywood for the terror tram. Locations mostly look like farmhouse, barn/stalls, and western town/rodeo which they've done before and should have plenty of old props and things they can reuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.