Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s steer this back to HHN31 speculation yall. We have a wish list thread along with “future of” threads to discuss rides.
Every year I fail to understand the definition of speculation, lol

So if the Evil Dead replacement is an original, and they're only announcing IPs individually.. we would get the announcement for the Weeknd sometime soon. And then.. they'll just drop 6 houses, all the zones, and the shows sometime in mid August? Would they really wait that long to announce over half of the event?

Reactions: anihilnation

So if the Evil Dead replacement is an original, and they're only announcing IPs individually.. we would get the announcement for the Weeknd sometime soon. And then.. they'll just drop 6 houses, all the zones, and the shows sometime in mid August? Would they really wait that long to announce over half of the event?

That’s basically what happened last year. We entered August with 4 houses announced. Icons house was announced August 5th and then remaining 5 houses, all zones, and shows were announced August 12th.

Back in the day, the entire event lineup wouldn't be announced until 1 month before the event started.

Heck, We wouldn't even get our first breadcrumb of info from Universal until June.

I know it's a real fine line but ultimately - there has to be a grain of possibility or truth to the property; and it's up to the mods to use their best judgment on when it's time to step in.

So are we expecting to get the Weeknd first and then Hollywoods' announcements or Hollywood and then the Weeknd later?

Purely speculating here, but I expect to get The Weeknd first as there will likely be a correlation of The Weeknd being announced and vacation package sales. Once more purely speculating, I think it'll be next week. I honestly am surprised The Weeknd hasn't been announced, and it makes me think it has more to do with his legal/marketing than Universal's. I suspect it's because he's about to go on tour and the preference was for him to go on tour & then have the collaboration announced.

On the note of the corporation being greedy, I mean they are but, I don't look at HHN announcements as my go to for that.

Once more purely speculating, I think it'll be next week. I honestly am surprised The Weeknd hasn't been announced, and it makes me think it has more to do with his legal/marketing than Universal's. I suspect it's because he's about to go on tour and the preference was for him to go on tour & then have the collaboration announced.

His tour starts next Friday. If I were in charge of either his or HHN's marketing, I'd announce something next week for sure.

[Disclaimer: This is not me saying that we will for sure be getting an announcement. I'd just be very surprised if we don't.]

Next Friday seems like a simple announcement day if they choose to do it, it would work for Weeknd for sure and help em promote both coast houses while on tour leading up to the event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uouserhhn
Predicting announcements always leads to confusion, anger, and disappointment.

images

Predicting announcements leads to confusion, confusion leads to disappointment, disappointment leads to anger, anger leads to suffering. - Master Joe-da

Status
Not open for further replies.