Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we will see FNaF come until the movie drops and even then I’m not sure we will ever see it happen. It’s a shame honestly I hate the games but the material is perfect for a house

At some point, I think we might just end up seeing an abandoned family fun center original rather than a abandoned family fun center IP (like FNaF or Willy's Wonderland).

I would prefer the former just to see what the creative team can create with the somewhat fun concept.

I know you're being sarcastic, but most of the discussion about HHN IOA comes from people that didn't go when HHN was at IOA

And it's very frustrating to talk about lol

Everyone knows Jack, everyone has seen some variation on Body Collectors, most saw at least one B&T ... HHN at IoA remains the ultimate "gatekeeper" flex and this is a fandom obsessed with gatekeeping.

Everyone knows Jack, everyone has seen some variation on Body Collectors, most saw at least one B&T ... HHN at IoA remains the ultimate "gatekeeper" flex and this is a fandom obsessed with gatekeeping.
There’s, like, 5 active people in the community who did 2004. I rarely see them bring it up and, when we do, it’s typically to say the experience wasn’t as good as a Studios event. That’s a weird flex.

I don’t disagree that gatekeeping is a major issue in the fandom, but I’ve seen Legendary Truth and the Hordes used as the stigmatizing line far more frequently.

There’s probably a big portion of the community who were only exposed to the IoA HHN experience through the Travel Channel documentary.

So, while the experience in person may have been worse than events in the main park, the vast amount of attendees who started attending in the main park years following and only watched that documentary witnessed a very hype-driven presentation of the IoA event that focused on only the positives.

In that context, it’s understandable why HHN at Islands has developed this almost mythological status in the community.

There’s probably a big portion of the community who were only exposed to the IoA HHN experience through the Travel Channel documentary.

So, while the experience in person may have been worse than events in the main park, the vast amount of attendees who started attending in the main park years following and only watched that documentary witnessed a very hype-driven presentation of the IoA event that focused on only the positives.

In that context, it’s understandable why HHN at Islands has developed this almost mythological status in the community.

This is also why I think Horizons developed such a cult status in the Disney community too: well documented and something most didn't actually ride.

This is also why I think Horizons developed such a cult status in the Disney community too: well documented and something most didn't actually ride.

Couldn't you say the same about OG Imagination? The most stringent of EPCOT Center purists view the loss of those two as the moment the park started to go downhill, but I have absolutely no memory of either and for a long time EPCOT was somewhere between my favorite and third favorite park in Florida.

I was lucky enough to experience HHN since 2001, as a horror obsessed demon child I thoroughly enjoyed it

But the event has grown leaps and bounds over those days and I think people forget that those days were lower budget, lower tech, and lower crowds

I know the majority of HHN fans have jumped in since the Walking Dead and Stranger Things years

But I do appreciate hearing from those that experienced HHN at its most primative, and warn everyone about how terrible an event at IOA would be lol

As far as "gatekeeping" in the "community" it's hard to compare the old days to the new days as the event has gone through so much change.

In other words, I really don't care how many times someone has gone as each year really is different from the last and should be judged on its own merit

All that being said, if you've gone to HOS at BGT you've been to HHN at IOA lol

There’s, like, 5 active people in the community who did 2004. I rarely see them bring it up and, when we do, it’s typically to say the experience wasn’t as good as a Studios event. That’s a weird flex.

I don’t disagree that gatekeeping is a major issue in the fandom, but I’ve seen Legendary Truth and the Hordes used as the stigmatizing line far more frequently.
2004 hurt my feat and had a bunch of hurricanes....and that's all I remember about it

Horizons has pretty good POVs (for the time) available though, where it is hard to come by any actual guest footage of Islands of Fear.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I was lucky enough to experience HHN since 2001, as a horror obsessed demon child I thoroughly enjoyed it

But the event has grown leaps and bounds over those days and I think people forget that those days were lower budget, lower tech, and lower crowds

But I do appreciate hearing from those that experienced HHN at its most primative, and warn everyone about how terrible an event at IOA would be lol

As far as "gatekeeping" in the "community" it's hard to compare the old days to the new days as the event has gone through so much change.

In other words, I really don't care how many times someone has gone as each year really is different from the last and should be judged on its own merit

Very well said across the board. Over the years, the overall quality of the houses has jumped up quite a bit, where even the weakest houses have some very nice sets that smaller events would kill for. You can't honestly say the same about the weakest houses of the "Icon" years, and if you tried comparing them to the weakest houses of the current years, it's gonna' get UGLY for the Icon years.

Last edited:
Very well said across the board. Over the years, the overall quality of the houses has jumped up quite a bit, where even the weakest houses have some very nice sets that smaller events would kill for. You can't honestly say the same about the weakest houses of the "Icon" years, and if you tried comparing them to the weakest houses of the current years, it's gonna' get UGLY for the Icon years.
Yeah, I didn't know I was a fetus at the time, buuut...I'm sure going through Cold Blind Terror or Fear Factor would be a real hoot now...like in a "why did I pay for this" sort of way

As far as the community goes, I don't consider myself a part of it. I hardly ever interact with HHN related things except for here and after getting cussed out on the HHN FB page for defending Ghostbusters, I decided it probably wasn't for me lol

Although, I was bombarded with fan art and vague negative subtweets about other people this year on Twitter and I'm still recovering

I'm not sure that I totally agree. Are we basing things solely on the quality of the sets?
Anyway, I'll leave my personal thoughts aside for now, but if anyone would like to compare...

In my opinion, the 10 weakest houses from 2006 through 2010:
  • People Under the Stairs: Under Construction
  • Run: Hostile Territory
  • Dungeon of Terror: Retold
  • Doomsday
  • Reflections of Fear
  • The Spawning
  • The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes
  • Psychoscareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook
  • Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
  • Zombiegeddon

Also IMO, the 10 weakest houses from 2016 through 2021:
  • Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won't Stand a Chance
  • The Walking Dead (26)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (26)
  • Saw (27)
  • Horrors of Blumhouse (28)
  • Us
  • Killer Klowns from Outer Space
  • Beetlejuice
  • Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
  • Welcome to Scarey: Horror in the Heartland

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Although, I was bombarded with fan art and vague negative subtweets about other people this year on Twitter and I'm still recovering

I thought I was going to really fit in the HHN community on Twitter. I love HHN, I do theme construction for Universal, I go on opening night, etc. I couldn't be more wrong and I don't identify with any of the Twitter HHN crowd. It's like they go to a completely different event.

I thought I was going to really fit in the HHN community on Twitter. I love HHN, I do theme construction for Universal, I go on opening night, etc. I couldn't be more wrong and I don't identify with any of the Twitter HHN crowd. It's like they go to a completely different event.
They ARE the event, we just lucky to get to attend

It’s a warehouse.
Ironically, a very meta house

Status
Not open for further replies.