Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher? TV show/book/video game property. Popular. Netflix. Hmmmm.

The Witcher is on my “possible” list for this (yes, I’m digging for an answer). The “popular but horror adjacent” IPs I have not gotten an answer on are:

The Witcher
Lucifer
Locke and Key
The Boys
Ghosts (CBS Sitcom)

Other obviously popular IPs like Stranger Things and Squid Games I’ve already gotten an answer of if they’re coming or not. They’ve also already been speculated.

Knowing Game of Thrones was once on the table (which I think could have worked well), Witcher feels even more "horror" and less "horror adjacent." A literal monster-hunter. That said. I imagine there's quite a bit of overlap with the traditional HHN fanbase, so I wouldn't foresee this being controversial on the level of, say, an Eilish house or the others Legacy mentioned.

I can't see Ghosts coming close to working as a house. But as a cast of crazy archetypes for a live comedy show...? Could bring a B&T-like humor but directed at historical characters/politics.

I’d be down for a MCR house. Shoot, all of Danger Days could work as a concept album for a house.

But, I have no reason to believe we’re getting a house based on a musical act. No one has said this “Eilish-type” rumor is actually a music artist—they just said it’s a property that could divide the HHN fan community on if it’s appropriate or not.

Popular, but only horror adjacent.
If it wasn’t for Marvel being a no go at HHN, I’d say Venom.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Jaws would be the ultimate and super meta, but even I know that’s wishful thinking.

Chucky
Jaws
Fear Street
The Thing
Stranger Things
+ 5 originals

That’d be a home run line up and will no doubt never happen.

With a clue like "Meta", Scream is a probability. But if this is the same house as the one that'll divide the community, Scream ain't it. That would be a true fan favorite.

Meta could entail something Universal Parks related, maybe a house based on a movie franchise seen at Universal Studios before? We've joked about Shrek and Jaws already, but Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, Hitchcock, Psycho have also been legacied rides at Studios. They also wouldn't really fit the "fanbase divided" quota though. Maybe we're finally getting a Potter attraction? That could maybe do it.

With a clue like "Meta", Scream is a probability. But if this is the same house as the one that'll divide the community, Scream ain't it. That would be a true fan favorite.

Meta could entail something Universal Parks related, maybe a house based on a movie franchise seen at Universal Studios before? We've joked about Shrek and Jaws already, but Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, Hitchcock, Psycho have also been legacied rides at Studios. They also wouldn't really fit the "fanbase divided" quota though. Maybe we're finally getting a Potter attraction? That could maybe do it.
I would love if it was the mummy from the 90s I’m a huge fan of that movie and the ride” of course I never experienced it in the 90s, because I’m generation z it would be a great opportunity to drive in crowds and rank the general populations interest because it’s so popular including classic monsters.

Last edited:
When I hear "Meta" and "Horror-Adjacent" IP, I'll admit the main thing that's coming to mind for me is what if it's a film, with a director that both Uni and HHN has worked with before, and something that HHN featured with them included a particular property of the original IP which the director is now working on. It's definitely "Horror-Adjacent", and due to what I just said, very Meta due to its history.

Just some food for thought.

*Edited just a smidge due to getting one aspect a little mixed up, but it all still fits.

Last edited:

I do think Potter is a pretty good guess, but it could also be Game of Thrones... Wonder if it's an effort to drum up some buzz for the House of the Dragon series due to come out sometime this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.