Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt we will get this, but if we’re going to talk about a “controversial” IP that isn’t horror but may have some horror-ish elements, you know what I would love to see as a house? Smiling Friends.

That show is so ridiculous and has such different styles of animation that it could actually make for a decent house. Just look at the brown demon from the first episode. That would make for a great scare. Heck you could do a house on the first episode alone.

If not a house, I think it would be great if HHN did a collab with Adult Swim for a show or something.

I seriously doubt we will get this, but if we’re going to talk about a “controversial” IP that isn’t horror but may have some horror-ish elements, you know what I would love to see as a house? Smiling Friends.

That show is so ridiculous and has such different styles of animation that it could actually make for a decent house. Just look at the brown demon from the first episode. That would make for a great scare. Heck you could do a house on the first episode alone.

If not a house, I think it would be great if HHN did a collab with Adult Swim for a show or something.
The renaissance men are coming to HHN

I LOVE HORROR NIGHTS, CHARLIE! I LOVE HORROR NIIIIIIGHTS!

@Legacy clarified:

Clue #1 - Hollywood & Orlando
Clue #2 - Only Orlando

So, two different houses. The emojis remain identical. Only the numbers changed.

Honestly can’t figure out how the emojis help in all this. Using a worldle base for clue two gets you 60644 which leads to Chicago zip code. Which gives horror movies based on Chicago. Gives us Childsplay and Candyman. Since I have no idea where the emojis play this probably is off.

If Hollywood exclusively gets another personal favorite IP like Creepshow, I may cry lol

Hopefully it’s an original, or a further continuation of their Monsters houses

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Googled golden skull and first thing that popped up was Zelda things. Then skull mask also relates to Zelda. Now I have no idea how those numbers or any numbers could turn something feom
Zelda into a clue.

I assume these clues are for IP houses ... working backwards, maybe the clues guide you to the opening / premiere date of the movie / show.

Could try it with a few of the rumored IPs to find a translation method.

I got the ultimate wildest card for the 'horror-adjacent' IP, it's so crazy it might just work.

Chicago. The iconic musical, which has a movie from 2002 which is widely regarded as one of, if not the best musical movie ever made.

It revolves around the violence seen in 1920's Chicago, as the trial for the murder of a man begins, and the guilty defendant Roxie Hart is defended by the slimiest and most dramatic yet greatest lawyer ever, Billy Flynn.

Can argue that it's horror-adjacent with all the murders that happen, and the large amount of iconic scenes that can be put in can make for an entertaining house.

(...yes, I'm very well aware there's a 99.99% chance it isn't Chicago and I'ma likely get a lot of flack for this, but hey, I think we've had wilder guesses for what this IP could be.)
I like the idea that the Chicago Zipcode is the right direction for the cipher because it means that this guess would be a key step in figuring out the true IP. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: HHN Maddux
Wordle sounds like possibility. It's harder to do with the first 2 clues, but the 3rd can give us some information if it's using that method. If a black circle means correct place, then we get either 31464 or 14364. If a white circle means correct place, we get 43146. 43146 is the zip code of Orient, Ohio. It's an IP, so it's not Township of Carey. I would also kill for a gory Murder on the Orient Express original house where you walk through a train, but again, that's not an IP. If it is Wordle, black has to be correct because if white is correct and black is wrong place in clue two, that'll leave one of the 4s in the right place. So Maybe it refers to the date March, 14th, 1964? I'm leaning towards dates, because that would give us 4/14/98 for the second clue. I can't find anything that relates to those dates.

Legacy put a poll out if people wanted a hint or not. Thankfully everyone is saying yes so maybe we get a nudge into the right direction on how to break the code. He even said these are for all IPs so if we can't figure these out then the originals will be much harder in my mind.

He did also say that once the solution to the codes is cracked the originals will be pretty easy to also solve
I am going back and rereading theories as he said he thinks he saw someone guess correctly. I am looking for that one suggestion that isn't repeated like fear street even though that was ruled wrong right off the bat

@HHNNewbie love the enthusiasm! As you have guessed @Legacy clues are a deep deep hole. Some clues will lead to the shovel you need to find the clue that is burried under a picture of the clue itself... He is evil, and after 15 years of watching him torture HHN forum members... I still enjoy watching folks squirm! Every year is a different type of clue, He seems to have stopped doing Red Herrings for the time being. Welcome to the HHN addicts club! Enjoy the ride!

@Legacy Where can I find your hints from other years?? I want to get the idea for how you operate
You could probably go through his post history, as well as his old Clue threads in previous Horror Night events boards like this one:

@Legacy Where can I find your hints from other years?? I want to get the idea for how you operate
That’s actually one of the reasons I shifted to Twitter. In the past, I would drop them in that year’s speculation thread. The problem with that is that there is no good way to organize it so you can see just my clues.

On Twitter, I can pin a clue thread. It also makes this thread a lot less chaotic.

I’m planning on tweeting out some old clues. The shift has drastically expanded the number of “players” who may or may not have a good sense of how my brain works.

A warning, though - as I said initially. My clues are actually more specific than ever. Once someone figured out the cipher, they’ll be able to “read” all the clues. In the past, there was always a lot of ambiguity. Not so much this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.