Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gremlins Merchandise at Five and Dime: a recent park update from UPNT showed a couple shelves of Gremlins action figures (Gizmo, Stripe, Mohawk, Brain) in this Studios store.

Maybe not a good fit for a house, but I think Universal could find a creative way to incorporate them into the event (Tribute Store room?).

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Gremlins Merchandise at Five and Dime: a recent park update from UPNT showed a couple shelves of Gremlins action figures (Gizmo, Stripe, Mohawk, Brain) in this Studios store.

Maybe not a good fit for a house, but I think Universal could find a creative way to incorporate them into the event (Tribute Store room?).
I mean I think Gremlins could make for a great house if they finally decide to properly execute a classic “family-friendly” film as a house without it blowing chunks.

I don’t think the action figures mean it’ll have any representation at this year’s event, though, regardless

I still say Gremlins could make for an excellent house. I think it could be fun. Have lots of jump scares. And there would be snow. What's not to like?
After re-watching the film for the 800th time, you can pretty much imagine exactly how they'd pull of the scares and re-create the scenes

Like, some of the scenes pretty much look like they were shot in an HHN house lol

The fact that it hasn't happened yet is crazy to me

Yeah, just one watch of this video and I can already see 3:18 onward being translated into a pretty good house scene.

Ah ok I understand

A good thing to remember is when it comes to IP's and their contracts, it usually boils down to keeping the owners of the IP happy. We've seen IP houses get pulled due to making the owners unhappy in one way or another. (eg. Scream in 2015, Beetlejuice (in Hollywood) last year etc.)
Now in the unique case of an owner openly mentioning HHN, there's no issue there. In fact, it's a bit of a win-win for all involved since that's free advertising right there from the IP owner themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.