Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's absolutely crazy! Had never heard that before. What a shame, cause honestly I agree! MiB Tent could have been a way to spread congestion away from that Coke Stand area.

This year is also just gonna be worse for those back houses with the Kidzone construction causing 108 to take up Sprung 2's regular spot. Hopefully Ops will be figured out there by next year again. And hopefully they give the TM's the wired express wands again! I've seen those wireless ones refuse to work for the entire event run now.

Here's hoping MinionFlex can spread some more crowds out a little too.

I think if they do:

Soundstages - as is (maybe use the BMG plaza for 2 of them)
Sprung 1 - MIB
Sprung 2 - Coke Freestyle
Parade 1 - ET
Parade 2 - La Bamba
Minion Flex

That can do wonders to spread crowds. And if they elect for an 11th house and continue to use F&F, even better

Yeah, there's most likely a multitude of reasons Minion Blast isn't open. Some most likely are the same reasons why Minion Mayhem isn't open, others could be due to it being a brand-new ride and they don't want it running late hours etc., then there's the aforementioned moving/twisting walkway not mixing with the HHN crowd.

And all of this is ultimately moot as chances are a house will return in the flex space next year...so the ride has to be closed anyways due to queue for the house using the queue for the ride. This ride just isn't destined to be open during HHN.

Wasn't it pretty much confirmed that a space was built into the attraction specifically for HHN?
So, from what I understand, the area in question is much different compared to the Shrek theaters. If Universal wanted to use Villian Con's extra space as a house location, it's much tighter and somewhat smaller than Shrek theaters, which probably doesn't make it the most desirable location compared to other locations.

So, from what I understand, the area in question is much different compared to the Shrek theaters. If Universal wanted to use Villian Con's extra space as a house location, it's much tighter and somewhat smaller than Shrek theaters, which probably doesn't make it the most desirable location compared to other locations.
Yea, I expect the current house locations to be the locations for the foreseeable future

This, plus some other limitations. It's my understanding that it was always intended to be another potential location, but some things changed during/after construction that may not allow that to be possible.

Gotcha.

Gotta be better than F&F, right? lol

• Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Wait, wait, wait… one of the explanations, perhaps the most common explanation, we got for why Blast is… the way it is… was that the unused half of the structure would be used for HHN mazes. And I bought that - the Shrek houses have tended to be quite strong and it was a positive sign that Uni was creating dedicated space for events, something it needs more of… but now that’s not true? When did we learn this?

F&F simply is not an adequate house space. Yes, spaces that seem unsuitable can sometimes house great mazes (see the tents and Shrek) but there are spaces that just don’t work - it’s one of the reasons moving HHN back to IOA is a bad idea. F&F has produced two very bad mazes that were clearly negatively impacted by the space itself. Could you build a good maze in F&F? Probably. Would it start with a massive deficit, hampered by limitations and restrictions imposed by the space? Yup.