Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
House announcement tomorrow?

Or did only Chucky get that treatment since it was an all time great house ...

I could swear that my Google headline news had an article about five nights already being confirmed ( probably clickbait?) But I know I saw that somewhere

I can already tell next spec season is gonna be fun! FNaF is the biggest horror movie success story since the millenium, a successful video game franchise for over a decade, and if they were able to work with Naughty Dog for the licensing for TLoU then they could manage to nab the rights from indie dev Scott Cawthon. HHN would be fortunate to acquire such a popular and lucrative IP.

But that's for later, for now I really am feeling something like a 30% chance we get an announcement, 70% we don't. We'll just have to see.

Which is frankly the responsible thing to do. Gives Operations, Scareactors, and standard guest flow a grace period to make mistakes, to block the conga line, etc without the actual wait time exceeding the listed wait time.

If TLoU is listed at 120 and is really a 50 or 60, or Yeti listed at 45 when it's really a 25, the average guest either doesn't notice or counts it as a fun bonus. The other way around is a massive problem for guest experience.
There’s a big difference between allowing operations a grace period, and posting a wait time that’s three times the actual wait (which happened to us several times).

It’s really a gamble any more. “It’s posted at 60mins. Do we take the chance that it’s a realistic wait?”

It’d be different if some of the walks weren’t so damn long to get to a place where you could visually judge how long the line actually was.

There’s a big difference between allowing operations a grace period, and posting a wait time that’s three times the actual wait (which happened to us several times).

It’s really a gamble any more. “It’s posted at 60mins. Do we take the chance that it’s a realistic wait?”

It’d be different if some of the walks weren’t so damn long to get to a place where you could visually judge how long the line actually was.

that's why I didn't visit last of us too much.
and someone could say that by people like me avoiding it, it was helpful to them, but then how many guests missed out on it and didn't get to have a good experience?
I understand about " giving operations a grace period" like you said
but at the same time a lot of people didn't get to see it. which is sad

and someone could say that by people like me avoiding it, it was helpful to them, but then how many guests missed out on it and didn't get to have a good experience?

I was in the same boat. It kind of forces you into a gamble where you may get in quickly but conversely knowing I can see 2-3 houses in the time it would take to do one house would always sway me away. I agree that it makes sense to give ops some leeway and avoid disappointment for guests but 2-3 x shorter is silly.

I don't know how well it would translate in HHN house wait times, BUT when I visit WDW and Universal parks, I use those tested wait time percentages that Touring Plans advocates. Generally, both resorts are in that 60 to 65% range of actual wait to 'posted' wait times. So, if I see an attraction with a posted wait time of 45 minutes, I approach the stand by line figuring the real wait will be about 30 minutes. And that ends up being fairly accurate most of the time. Of course there are exceptions, and there's sometimes a little less spread or a bit more of a spread. Bottom line, don't give complete credibility to the posted wait times. and let it scare you off.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Please let "Black Lagoon Boat Tours" be a hint for 2024 ...
I don't put the biggest stock in little easter eggs like that, especially since a UM house is perfect for having easter eggs to other monsters.

But...you can sure as heck bet I'm with you on hoping for a CftBL house next year! It makes the most sense considering all the other monsters have been featured, some multiple times. Gillman has only been in the scales once since 2019, so it would be nice to have him return.

I can already tell next spec season is gonna be fun! FNaF is the biggest horror movie success story since the millenium, a successful video game franchise for over a decade, and if they were able to work with Naughty Dog for the licensing for TLoU then they could manage to nab the rights from indie dev Scott Cawthon. HHN would be fortunate to acquire such a popular and lucrative IP.

But that's for later, for now I really am feeling something like a 30% chance we get an announcement, 70% we don't. We'll just have to see.
Why would they go to the game for FNAF when Universal owns the rights to the film?

There is nothing stopping them from doing either! I'm just saying if they wanted to cut out the licensing middleman of Blumhouse like they did with HBO this year, it probably wouldn't be too difficult for them to do it.
They still have to license from someone, in TLOU case Naughty Dog and if they were to do the games then Scott Cawthon. As far as TLOU goes though, let’s not forget that HBO is WB owned and they don’t have a great relationship in terms of working with each other for HHN over the past decade or so.

I don't put the biggest stock in little easter eggs like that, especially since a UM house is perfect for having easter eggs to other monsters.

But...you can sure as heck bet I'm with you on hoping for a CftBL house next year! It makes the most sense considering all the other monsters have been featured, some multiple times. Gillman has only been in the scales once since 2019, so it would be nice to have him return.
It truly makes the most sense. But like you said, these Easter Eggs typically don't mean much

Reactions: SeventyOne
Many of you seem eager to get speculation underway for next year, but I wanted to point out...

We have just a few hours left of HHN 32. It's been a fun season, from the speculation to the announcements to the opening to the closing! There are lots of great new moments, characters, and stories from HHN 32 to enjoy and cherish in the future. Shout out to anyone who worked on the event this year, especially any scare actors and team members working to make the event come to life, and to the HHN fandom for making this another good year.

2 AM will mark the end of this spooky season...

(also, I found this tweet hilarious. SOMEONE is really excited for someone's house to go away lol.)

Last edited:
Yes, this year has been real fun! I'll finish my full review later and post that in the proper thread, but this year has had some great houses, one of the greatest lineup of original concepts and IP's in years (at least on paper haha:eyes:), and some fun brand new additions like Death Eaters, the M3gan troupe, and the Peacock Bar Meet & Greets with David S, Pumpkins, Bride of Frankenstein, Purgers, etc. We got Stranger Things 4, The Last of Us, another Yeti house and Vamp zone, and a new great new Icon with an S-Tier house (imo) all in one year! What a cool time!

In any year of HHN, there is just so much effort put into every little detail and part of it. Every bit of it deserves praise! Props to the Scareactors, designers, operations, F&B, and everything in between. Long live HHN32!

so yesterday Friday and today the park is like a graveyard, everyone says that is super super light on crowds.
I know it sounds obvious, but, universal could have added FFP, the last two days
unless uni would prefer 2 empty days for the end
yesterday and today was suuuper light

Man if I'd known it was going to be this light I would've come in for one last weekend.

Great year y'all, it was good to be back in the fog and I'm excited to see what comes of next year :)