Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Happy I got to speculate this year with y'all. Once again, thank you to all the people who helped bring this event to life. Big role or small role, thank you. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next year.
giphy.gif

(@Brian G. can you open the HHN 33 spec thread tomorrow? :lol: )

Man if I'd known it was going to be this light I would've come in for one last weekend.

Great year y'all, it was good to be back in the fog and I'm excited to see what comes of next year :)

yeah, all the reports of today are saying the same thing as yesterday, it's very very small crowds. it's like the perfect day lol. very lucky people that went in these past 2 days.
sounds like the perfect nights

Reactions: HHNObsession
yeah, all the reports of today are saying the same thing as yesterday, it's very very small crowds. it's like the perfect day lol. very lucky people that went in these past 2 days.
sounds like the perfect nights
I watched the 9PM Nightmare Fuel, did 13 house runs, spent plenty of time in the zones, caught M3GAN twice, spent way more time than usual eating, watched David S. Pumpkins last set, went into Diagon, and (best of all of course), closed out Chucky! :lol:

I could’ve gotten 20+ house runs done easy if that’s all I focused on but I was just going with the flow and enjoying everything for the last time. Doing the 13 runs I did was so easy and without pain that I didn’t even really notice I did that many until counting up.

Last edited:
Big props to all the scare actors last night. Was at the event for like 4 hours last night, got 8 house runs in, and had GOAT level runs in Oddfellow, Bloodmoon, Yeti, and Darkest Deal. Easy to phone it in on the last night, but they were all bringing it.

Can’t wait for next year
This is great to hear - in the past when I’ve gone late in the year there seemed to be two groups: those phoning it in and those who were going so hard because they didn’t have any paychecks to lose in the event they made contact with a guest and got fired (an exaggeration on my part but sure seemed that way). For all the issues with congestion and food lines and whatnot, it sounds like the scareactors were top notch across the board.

this was the first HHN I remember where the shooting stars on the MIB building were on. Felt appropriate given the Americana theme of Oddfellow and Darkest Deal.

Which is frankly the responsible thing to do. Gives Operations, Scareactors, and standard guest flow a grace period to make mistakes, to block the conga line, etc without the actual wait time exceeding the listed wait time.

If TLoU is listed at 120 and is really a 50 or 60, or Yeti listed at 45 when it's really a 25, the average guest either doesn't notice or counts it as a fun bonus. The other way around is a massive problem for guest experience.

For a lot of guests, sure it's an artificial positive to wait less than what you were initially told... but the issue with exaggerated waits is Disability Access Pass users are negatively impacted. If TLOU is listed 120, but only 60, they're essentially being told to wait outside the house (or somewhere else) for 90-110 minutes before being allowed to join the express line. For TLOU, the express was bad this year and would typically average 20ish minutes or so. So a DAP user could end up waiting 2x as much as a standby guest would. DAP shouldn't give you immediate access, but it also shouldn't penalize guests by making them wait much longer than they really should.

so yesterday Friday and today the park is like a graveyard, everyone says that is super super light on crowds.
I know it sounds obvious, but, universal could have added FFP, the last two days
unless uni would prefer 2 empty days for the end
yesterday and today was suuuper light

A little late seeing this, but we attended Nov 1-4 and the crowd levels were fairly low every night with the 1st being the “busiest” and Friday being the lowest attended HHN I have ever witnessed. Did so much that night, including circling back around exorcist a couple of times to take advantage of the short walk and no line. To add to this, I never thought I would see this years scarezones so open with no congestion, enough to just hang out and enjoy them. The weather was absolutely perfect and added to the experience as well.

A little late seeing this, but we attended Nov 1-4 and the crowd levels were fairly low every night with the 1st being the “busiest” and Friday being the lowest attended HHN I have ever witnessed. Did so much that night, including circling back around exorcist a couple of times to take advantage of the short walk and no line. To add to this, I never thought I would see this years scarezones so open with no congestion, enough to just hang out and enjoy them. The weather was absolutely perfect and added to the experience as well.

while I am very happy for everyone that visited that day, I really cannot understand why universal did not allow the regular frequent fear passes to go on that Friday and Saturday.

I am happy that people were lucky to have tiny crowds. it sounds really nice. but I gotta wonder about what universal higher ups were thinking.
unless having an empty park was exactly the point.

while I am very happy for everyone that visited that day, I really cannot understand why universal did not allow the regular frequent fear passes to go on that Friday and Saturday.

I am happy that people were lucky to have tiny crowds. it sounds really nice. but I gotta wonder about what universal higher ups were thinking.
unless having an empty park was exactly the point.

They saw so much demand this year that they thought they could extend it through the weekend and draw more guests. Saturday was busy, so there's still some demand post-Halloween.

Unless a good majority of post-Halloween visitors were Frequent Fear, we could still see them run it through Nov 2nd as Halloween sits on a Thursday.

They saw so much demand this year that they thought they could extend it through the weekend and draw more guests. Saturday was busy, so there's still some demand post-Halloween.

Unless a good majority of post-Halloween visitors were Frequent Fear, we could still see them run it through Nov 2nd as Halloween sits on a Thursday.

My experience with Saturday was not busy at all. It was busier than Friday but not much. Highest wait I saw was 45 min for last of us at the peak of the night. Everything was an average 20 min wait all night.