Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 353 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we are judging the scariness of houses based on the experience of a conga line crowd, Surrounded by people. But, doing houses alone, then EVERY house becomes terrifying.

I'm always so nervous. puppet theater had really freaky rooms when done alone. Maybe that's why the Thing in 2007 terrified me so much. I was literally sweating out of fear.
I did the Shining by myself (was an express noob and used it when no one was in line lol) and felt my heart beating out of my chest. One of the ballroom dancers reached for my face and was millimeters away during a light effect. I was freaked out

Oh ffs... I hadn't bought one yet since I was still torn between ROF and FFP... (fully aware this is on me and I saw it coming hah)

EDIT: Just called and I'm good lol. Sunday (my original planned first date) is still available over the phone FYI. Fri & Sat not so much.

Last edited:
As someone very close to Graveyard Games, it's consistently interesting to hear the chatter around it. From what I experienced of it, I thought it was a really incredible house visually and had some really neat stuff that has been implemented in a bunch of houses post-HHN29. The Grinner Ghosts were pretty intense on my runs, and the effect of feeling the wind blow through a candle-lit hallway until it reaches the end with the ghost mother was really chilling. It also had some notable issues, congestion with the pitch black whisper hallway and the addition of the bright red EXIT sign being one of the top ones. Still one of my favorites out of the years I've been going.

Also express has sold out for the first two nights.
View attachment 19644

Oh ffs... I hadn't bought one yet since I was still torn between ROF and FFP...

i heard that you could buy a one day ticket for friday or saturday, enter the park that day AND THEN go to guest services to upgrade to frequent fear pass.... but i dont know, i dont know if it really works, that easily, kinda scary to try lol. (

Edit: frequent fear pass is available at the park gates

Last edited:
My problem with GG was that each time I went through it, it felt like there were maybe 2 scareactors in it every time. I could see how it could have been good...but staffing killed it for me.
With that reason, I can totally understand why you were disappointed. Personally, I never had that issue with GG, but that very same year I had the worst timing for Yeti as my run-throughs missed half the scares each time plus, I never saw the door scare. And a few years later, I had a run in Case Files which was missing what felt like over half the cast and nobody in the finale. It absolutely sucks when you get runs/timing issues like that.
As someone very close to Graveyard Games, it's consistently interesting to hear the chatter around it. From what I experienced of it, I thought it was a really incredible house visually and had some really neat stuff that has been implemented in a bunch of houses post-HHN29. The Grinner Ghosts were pretty intense on my runs, and the effect of feeling the wind blow through a candle-lit hallway until it reaches the end with the ghost mother was really chilling. It also had some notable issues, congestion with the pitch black whisper hallway and the addition of the bright red EXIT sign being one of the top ones. Still one of my favorites out of the years I've been going.

For me, it ended up being my favorite house that year and it's firmly one of my all-timers ever since I've been going since 2018. Loved the atmosphere, the kitchen sink of scares it had, and that friggin' candle-hallway is the first time a scare had me fall to the ground flat on my side...and that was on my very first run!

With that reason, I can totally understand why you were disappointed. Personally, I never had that issue with GG, but that very same year I had the worst timing for Yeti as my run-throughs missed half the scares each time plus, I never saw the door scare. And a few years later, I had a run in Case Files which was missing what felt like over half the cast and nobody in the finale. It absolutely sucks when you get runs/timing issues like that.
HHN 29 was the absolute nadir when it came to staffing issues imo. It was the most frustrating event for them that Ives seen in my 11, soon to be 12, years going. I don’t know what it was that year, but consistently understaffed houses in my experience

Graveyard Games was great but wasn't my favorite at 2019's event.

The dead teenage girl holding her phone with her Mom on Facetime freaking out is an all-time great prop though lol

shivers down my spine, poor poor nancy

bTxe18D.png

HHN 29 was the absolute nadir when it came to staffing issues imo. It was the most frustrating event for them that Ives seen in my 11, soon to be 12, years going. I don’t know what it was that year, but consistently understaffed houses in my experience

Now that you mention it, the staffing in the houses did feel a tad sparse compared to other years. Not helping the matter were a couple houses which had various issues that led to the houses being more understaffed. Ghostbusters had drop-outs due to accurately heavy Proton Packs. While Depths of Fear had one of the most infamously problematic costumes/masks in the form of the Mouthbrooders, which led to some scenes such as the stilt-walker scene laying empty for pretty much the entire run.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, the staffing in the houses did feel a tad sparse compared to other years. Not helping the matter were a couple houses which had various issues here which led to the houses being more understaffed. Ghostbusters had drop-outs due to accurately heavy Proton Packs. While Depths of Fear had one of the most infamously problematic costumes/masks in the form of the Mouthbrooders, which led to some scenes such as the stilt-walker scene laying empty for pretty much the entire run.

Depths of Fear is one of the saddest situations I've ever seen lol.
I actually loved those fish creatures a lot. But a lot of people didn't. So it began with dislikes for the design.
Then, people got mad at the dog. And then the fish were missing
Great concept but the fish needed to be puppets. Puppets like chupacabra
Any big creature has to be puppets

Last edited:
Yikes, I’m waiting til my paycheck on next Wednesday to pick up my FFP, I hope it works out ok doing that. I figure for the last week of the season, I should be alright. But I guess I’ll see?

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Depths of Fear is one of the saddest situations I've ever seen lol.
I actually loved those fish creatures a lot. But a lot of people didn't. So it began with dislikes for the design.
Then, people got mad at the dog. And then the fish were missing
Great concept but the fish needed to be puppets. Puppets like chupacabra
Any big creature has to be puppets
The fish people themselves really hated them.

The fish people themselves really hated them.

And they were very happy to watch those costumes burn after the event, the first time I ever heard of them destroying something related to the originals, but that is exactly what happened.

That's really sad. And, Werewolf in American werewolf in London.... aliens from AVP... chupacabra. Puppets are just better. Even if there's no one to operate it you can still look at it.
Like the demon Beetlejuice head

Status
Not open for further replies.