Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh crap. I haven't seen it sold out in a long time. I guess I'll have to cancel my trip then.

Edit: I called them and it looks like they sold out just 2 days ago. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure I saw one year where they sold out but brought it back. Going to keep my reservations for now and hope this is the case.

Last edited:
Oh crap. I haven't seen it sold out in a long time. I guess I'll have to cancel my trip then.

Edit: I called them and it looks like they sold out just 2 days ago. I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure I saw one year where they sold out but brought it back. Going to keep my reservations for now and hope this is the case.
You should check out the official Twitter page's post. So many people are cancelling their trips. Some people had plans for behind the scenes tours for the hhn houses, entire families had trips booked, that comment section is crazy. It really hit everyone hard. It's kinda sad that universal didn't really warn anyone. A lot of people are cancelling stuff.
Also people that wanted to upgrade from frequent fear to frequent fear plus are not allowed either. It's all fully blocked.

Well this is the perfect excuse to have another huge Halloween event at Epic Universe to help spread the crowds. Oh man I just realized that multi-night tickets for both parks could potentially be $1600+ for me. Yikes!

I haven't said anything about epic universe but it's been on my mind very heavily.
Is universal gonna do anything at all? For October? Could tent houses go there? Is there space?

I haven't said anything about epic universe but it's been on my mind very heavily.
Is universal gonna do anything at all? For October? Could tent houses go there? Is there space?

That's always been on my mind. As soon as I heard about Epic Universe the first thing that came to mind was "Cool. More space for another Halloween event!"

I'm thinking for now couldn't they just extend it through November?

Next year I'll definitely buy tickets early though since the tickets sales are getting stupid. In a way it's good though because it means more profit for Universal.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Don't think they would feature any haunted houses. I think a Halloween event at Epic Universe should be family-friendly. Something similar to Not So Scary. Could have Trick Or Treating routes and add spooky music/decorations to the hub.

Two Halloween events. HHN at USF and HHN: Kids Edition at EU lol.

It's such an IP heavy park I fear it would be worse than IoA. I don't see Nintendo or HTTYD being cool with a "psycho clown killer" house in the middle of their dedicated land.

Also, business talk, Studios is going to need all the help it can get to prop up guest count once EU opens.

So, I'm trying the RIP for the first time in Orlando this year. Does anyone have tips? Do they offer any express upgrades after the tour is done to repeat?

So, I'm trying the RIP for the first time in Orlando this year. Does anyone have tips? Do they offer any express upgrades after the tour is done to repeat?
Your tour guide is there with you till 2am so they can get you on rides right away by skipping any and all lines. If you wanted to separate from your group before the 2am closure time, the lanyard they give you acts as an express pass for the rides ONLY, no houses! You don't need to buy any express passes, you skip the whole line for any haunt with RIP. A tip, if you feel like the house was to quick for you to enjoy you can always say to your tour guide "i saw a cast change" and they will give you another run through. On our private tour we did every house twice, RIP is the way to go.
Also drinks are allowed in nightmare fuel and you get premium seats so make sure you stop for a drink before the show, its great this year!

So what's been the strategy this year? What houses have been having the longest lines? What's the best plan of attack for the most minimum lines? I will be in a holding area..

So what's been the strategy this year? What houses have been having the longest lines? What's the best plan of attack for the most minimum lines? I will be in a holding area..

Stranger Things (if your willing to showup early to the NY S&S) > Dueling Dragons > Exorcist > Yeti (opens with the park) > Run to Monsters > Darkest Deal > Oddfellow.

Should get you ahead of the crowds and done by ~8 if you speed walk. If you can get ST done with S&S, you can wait to leave TLOU for the end (preferably after 1AM - wait-time will be exaggerated.)

Blood Moon randomly fluctuates throughout the night but should be fine after 11PM.

Stranger Things (if your willing to showup early to the NY S&S) > Dueling Dragons > Exorcist > Yeti (opens with the park) > Run to Monsters > Darkest Deal > Oddfellow.

Should get you ahead of the crowds and done by ~8 if you speed walk. If you can get ST done with S&S, you can wait to leave TLOU for the end (preferably after 1AM - wait-time will be exaggerated.)

Blood Moon randomly fluctuates throughout the night but should be fine after 11PM.
What's the NY S&S and what you mean show up early?

Just been tonight for the first and last time this year. All 10 houses complete and all scare zones by 10pm with express pass. I’ll post my route below if it’s useful to anyone. I am a complete beginner when it comes to HHN strategies etc.

Arrived at stay and scream (Springfield) at around 4.15pm and got in the Monsters line (last of us looked too hectic). Was first in the house with express which was daunting as nobody to follow in front of me and it was so dark. Probably the gave me the most jumps.

2nd house - Last of Us - queued for about 30 mins, standard was advertised at around 75 mins. This was my most anticipated house but felt slightly disappointed.

3rd house - Darkest Deal - queued for around 20 minutes and standard advertised at 50. Good house.

4th house - Twisted Origins - 15/20 min queue with standard advertised at around 50/55.

5th house - Chucky - 10 min queue and standard at 60 mins. Didn’t rate it.

6th house - Yeti - 10 mins, standard 50 mins. Good house.

7th house - Stranger Things - 85 min standard advertised but through the queue and house in 20 minutes. Probably my favourite house of the night, not jumpy but great visually. Especially if you love stranger things.

8th house - Dueling Dragons - 10 min queue and standard 50 mins.

9th house - exorcist - 10 mins queue advertised at 55 min standard. Really expected this to be scary but I was very wrong.

10th house - Bloodmoon - 10 min queue advertised at 45 standard. Quite liked this, looked good visually.

Didn’t do the show but very happy to get it all done in one night as that’s all I had time for. Hope this helps any clueless brits like me.

What time is recommended to enter the NY S&S to start queuing up?