Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We walked into Nightmare Fuel 15-20 minutes before on a Sunday and Thursday night. Had no trouble getting a seat?? I'd have to disagree with those in the thread saying it's not worth it. I thought it was great and the best version of Nightmare Fuel

What time is recommended to enter the NY S&S to start queuing up?
I've seen a lot of people advising quite a bit beforehand. My advice would be to not only drink plenty of water throughout the day, but bring water to drink in line. You're essentially sun tanning for an hour plus

Pretty noticeable uptick in crowds tonight compared to Friday and Saturday. Feels like twice as many people are here (I know that isn’t the case, but it kind of feels that way)

Pretty noticeable uptick in crowds tonight compared to Friday and Saturday. Feels like twice as many people are here (I know that isn’t the case, but it kind of feels that way)
No question it was busy, and I hear parking was a problem around 7ish. But overall, for the traditionally busiest night of the week during the biggest weekend for out-of-towners in the Fall -- not that busy. Most houses topped out at an hour (with wait times seemingly inflated according to friends), even SF zone remained easy to walk.

Reactions: dxwwf3
No question it was busy, and I hear parking was a problem around 7ish. But overall, for the traditionally busiest night of the week during the biggest weekend for out-of-towners in the Fall -- not that busy. Most houses topped out at an hour (with wait times seemingly inflated according to friends), even SF zone remained easy to walk.
Honestly, it died down faster than expected as the night progressed. It was way, way more people for the first couple of hours compared to the two previous nights, but I think that caused some people to bail early.

Reactions: SeventyOne
BTW completely unrelated to recent discussions, but haven't seen this mentioned much anywhere: the live trio at Dead Coconut Club--maybe still the American Sirens? I didn't hear their name--are one of the best things at the event. Tight harmonies, interesting mash-ups, great choreography, striking costumes. Very much a PostModern Jukebox feel. I really like their new location over the bar as well.

Along with the bar decor, worth a visit even if you're not going into HHN.

BTW completely unrelated to recent discussions, but haven't seen this mentioned much anywhere: the live trio at Dead Coconut Club--maybe still the American Sirens? I didn't hear their name--are one of the best things at the event. Tight harmonies, interesting mash-ups, great choreography, striking costumes. Very much a PostModern Jukebox feel. I really like their new location over the bar as well.

Along with the bar decor, worth a visit even if you're not going into HHN.
Love the performers too! Unfortunate thing with the Dead Coconut is that for a non-local visitor, there is no reason to be hanging there when you should be in park during the most crucial hours of the event (5-8PM). I understand why, but I really don't like the DJ takeover that starts at 9PM, I believe?

Love the performers too! Unfortunate thing with the Dead Coconut is that for a non-local visitor, there is no reason to be hanging there when you should be in park during the most crucial hours of the event (5-8PM). I understand why, but I really don't like the DJ takeover that starts at 9PM, I believe?
Agreed, wish it was open on non-HHN nights for that very reason.

Hey quick question: What time does the New York stay and Scream normally fill up at? At the park now so I want to plan accordingly.
This Sat may be a bit different, but 3:30 should get you near the front. If you’re doing Stranger Things, I wouldn’t get there much later than 4:15-4:30.

Either of the other houses, as long as you’re in by 5, you should be good

Reactions: Freak
Hello! Long time lurker first time poster. I’ve been going since 2015 and have done stay and scream each time but I’ve only ever done Diagon Alley and Springfield.

My partner and I are going with my brother and his partner next Wednesday and the only house my partner cares about is Stranger Things 4, so we’re very likely to use the New York Stay and Scream. I have a couple of questions because information is all over the place:

1. I’ve seen some things saying that one of the themed food booths is open in New York during the Stay and Scream period. Is that accurate and if so which one is it? Are the souvenir cups available there?
  2. If that’s not correct, is there any food and drink available in that stay and scream?
  3. I’ve seen a lot saying Stranger Things opens at 5:15. Is that an official time or just what people have noticed as a typical start time?
  4. We’re doing the scream early. I’ve seen a lot, even on this thread from a few days ago, that for stranger things, you have to get there early. After getting into the park, is there any point in us doing anything aside from going straight to the stay and scream area? Even on a Wednesday?
  5. Are you allowed to purchase alcoholic drinks somewhere else and bring them into the stay and scream area?

Tl;dr: Historically I’ve gone to Simpsons for stay and scream to chill and get a drink before getting in line. Is this possible, or even worth it to try, in the New York stay and scream that’s waiting for stranger things?

Side note, if anyone has any general advice for getting through all 10 houses I’d be happy to take it. I’ve managed to do it most years but always happy for year-specific advice. (Aside from getting express. While I have used express and agree with all the advice to spring for it,I can’t convince my partner that it’s worth the extra money, especially given that the only other event she’s been to (last year) we finished all the houses in one night without much issue.)

Hello! Long time lurker first time poster. I’ve been going since 2015 and have done stay and scream each time but I’ve only ever done Diagon Alley and Springfield.

My partner and I are going with my brother and his partner next Wednesday and the only house my partner cares about is Stranger Things 4, so we’re very likely to use the New York Stay and Scream. I have a couple of questions because information is all over the place:

1. I’ve seen some things saying that one of the themed food booths is open in New York during the Stay and Scream period. Is that accurate and if so which one is it? Are the souvenir cups available there?
  2. If that’s not correct, is there any food and drink available in that stay and scream?
  3. I’ve seen a lot saying Stranger Things opens at 5:15. Is that an official time or just what people have noticed as a typical start time?
  4. We’re doing the scream early. I’ve seen a lot, even on this thread from a few days ago, that for stranger things, you have to get there early. After getting into the park, is there any point in us doing anything aside from going straight to the stay and scream area? Even on a Wednesday?
  5. Are you allowed to purchase alcoholic drinks somewhere else and bring them into the stay and scream area?

Tl;dr: Historically I’ve gone to Simpsons for stay and scream to chill and get a drink before getting in line. Is this possible, or even worth it to try, in the New York stay and scream that’s waiting for stranger things?

Side note, if anyone has any general advice for getting through all 10 houses I’d be happy to take it. I’ve managed to do it most years but always happy for year-specific advice. (Aside from getting express. While I have used express and agree with all the advice to spring for it,I can’t convince my partner that it’s worth the extra money, especially given that the only other event she’s been to (last year) we finished all the houses in one night without much issue.)
I didn't use NY S&S this year, but in the past, there have been food stands open in the holding area.

If you want to get through all 10, I would just get into S&S immediately once you scan in your Scream Early ticket. Be one of the first to get through Stranger Things. Try to knock out whichever soundstages you can before the gates open, then to the back and knock out the tent houses while those lines are shorter.

Unfortunately, there's no good way to avoid getting stuck in a big line at some point (the nature of the event, but also because of how far apart ST and The Last of Us are).

If you're short on time, I'd say skip Chucky. It's not a great house, but it is a strong brand that draws a big crowd, and in turn, has an unjustifiable wait time most of the night.