Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Boy, hard to believe this zone was a backup plan.
View attachment 23593

sometimes I just wish they reused old costumes....just do a sequel zone lol. do a zone based on a house, it doesn't always have to be new stuff like this lol :lol: I know thst u I wants to always do new stuff and bring new experiences to the park. but sometimes the easiest replacement could just be an existing item. this zone, this was Not great.

everyone walking through citywalk likeView attachment 23599

made me think of this lol

Attachments

• 2bCFNWAxYyUdMowH1RtxYOPlzXYnSE6535HAsAVyQ-s.jpg
    2bCFNWAxYyUdMowH1RtxYOPlzXYnSE6535HAsAVyQ-s.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 10
Holy moley it’s about time.

Universal is not doing anything to enforce the smoking/vaping rules.
I will say I've seen staff speak with two people in line about vaping, but obviously it's a tough nut to crack because if security doesn't catch it, then it's not going to be something the staff will be able to stop.

Regarding the alleged teen problem, this is the first night I've seen any evidence of teens behaving badly, including some of them attempting to film their friends over the restroom walls, abusing scareactors, and other immature things. I wouldn't say it's worse than usual (or worse than drunk adult shenanigans), so I suspect the complaints regarding teens are typical "get off my lawn" type arguments.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I will say I've seen staff speak with two people in line about vaping, but obviously it's a tough nut to crack because if security doesn't catch it, then it's not going to be something the staff will be able to stop.
Very easy problem to fix -- place signs in the garage, then confiscate vape pens at security.
It's funny you say this, because I saw tweets decrying how crowded it was. Bad luck on their part in terms of crowd patterns, I'm guessing.

Crowd patterns resort wide were weird 9/4-9/9. 9/5 and 9/6 were very dead during the day and very manageable during the event, with 9/6 of course being more crowded. The daytime parks were busier over the weekend, naturally, and the event was packed on 9/7. (9/8 was a fluke, I think, thanks to the monsoon.)

9/9, though, a Monday, was shockingly busy. Even ET had a 40 minute queue (actual ~20) with all three preshow lanes open and both loading stations.
It wouldn't shock me if we're seeing a return to old touring patterns as the crowd shifts. The casuals were scared off by the lines last year--or are waiting until Halloween season proper, but not convinced of that, The FF passholders who are left don't have Express, so they swarm early to try to get in a house. I mean, guests are starting to queue up at 2:30! Anyway, I missed Thursday, but curious to hear how the rest of this weekend goes. Also curious to see what happens once RoF ends (is that this weekend or next?).