Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - News & Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Boy, hard to believe this zone was a backup plan.
View attachment 23593

sometimes I just wish they reused old costumes....just do a sequel zone lol. do a zone based on a house, it doesn't always have to be new stuff like this lol :lol: I know thst u I wants to always do new stuff and bring new experiences to the park. but sometimes the easiest replacement could just be an existing item. this zone, this was Not great.

everyone walking through citywalk likeView attachment 23599

made me think of this lol

Attachments

• 2bCFNWAxYyUdMowH1RtxYOPlzXYnSE6535HAsAVyQ-s.jpg
    2bCFNWAxYyUdMowH1RtxYOPlzXYnSE6535HAsAVyQ-s.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12
Holy moley it’s about time.

Universal is not doing anything to enforce the smoking/vaping rules.
I will say I've seen staff speak with two people in line about vaping, but obviously it's a tough nut to crack because if security doesn't catch it, then it's not going to be something the staff will be able to stop.

Regarding the alleged teen problem, this is the first night I've seen any evidence of teens behaving badly, including some of them attempting to film their friends over the restroom walls, abusing scareactors, and other immature things. I wouldn't say it's worse than usual (or worse than drunk adult shenanigans), so I suspect the complaints regarding teens are typical "get off my lawn" type arguments.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I will say I've seen staff speak with two people in line about vaping, but obviously it's a tough nut to crack because if security doesn't catch it, then it's not going to be something the staff will be able to stop.
Very easy problem to fix -- place signs in the garage, then confiscate vape pens at security.
It's funny you say this, because I saw tweets decrying how crowded it was. Bad luck on their part in terms of crowd patterns, I'm guessing.

Crowd patterns resort wide were weird 9/4-9/9. 9/5 and 9/6 were very dead during the day and very manageable during the event, with 9/6 of course being more crowded. The daytime parks were busier over the weekend, naturally, and the event was packed on 9/7. (9/8 was a fluke, I think, thanks to the monsoon.)

9/9, though, a Monday, was shockingly busy. Even ET had a 40 minute queue (actual ~20) with all three preshow lanes open and both loading stations.
It wouldn't shock me if we're seeing a return to old touring patterns as the crowd shifts. The casuals were scared off by the lines last year--or are waiting until Halloween season proper, but not convinced of that, The FF passholders who are left don't have Express, so they swarm early to try to get in a house. I mean, guests are starting to queue up at 2:30! Anyway, I missed Thursday, but curious to hear how the rest of this weekend goes. Also curious to see what happens once RoF ends (is that this weekend or next?).

Very easy problem to fix -- place signs in the garage, then confiscate vape pens at security.
As much as I want to say it’s not illegal to smoke or vape, the fact that there’s no way to delineate between a nicotine vape and THC means they really shouldn’t let them in if they’re being serious about no federal crimes bit of that sign (since most THC products are illegal at the federal level).

If they want to take a more palatable stand, then move the designated smoke/vape area outside the park (like Disney). Honestly though, the bigger issue is the number of young people hooked on that stuff - Big Tobacco just found a way around getting young people hooked on cigarettes.

/yellingatcloud

As much as I want to say it’s not illegal to smoke or vape, the fact that there’s no way to delineate between a nicotine vape and THC means they really shouldn’t let them in if they’re being serious about no federal crimes bit of that sign (since most THC products are illegal at the federal level).

If they want to take a more palatable stand, then move the designated smoke/vape area outside the park (like Disney). Honestly though, the bigger issue is the number of young people hooked on that stuff - Big Tobacco just found a way around getting young people hooked on cigarettes.

/yellingatcloud
Yes, sad. Smoking was on the way out until Big Tobacco lured the young in with vaping/products. Big tobacco is really an evil, with all the death and suffering they've caused over the years. Those corporations, worse than most, have no soul or conscience.

Smoking in public areas is a psychological and design failure and its Universals fault entirely. An event where you can drink is going to have people smoking- they're borderline inseparable. Everybody's a non-smoker until they're two drinks deep. The solution is ADDING smoking areas. By saying, this area is for smoking, it serves a secondary purpose of the psychological implications that everywhere else is NOT.

The idea that Universal will ban smoking or limit event capacity to 21+ both are moves that limit income and will never happen.
Marijuana consumption proves the point on smoking overall. It's federally banned but go to any concert, Halloween event, etc and you're still going to see, smell and hear it being consumed. If Universal doesn't proactively move to make it clear that certain areas are where you smoke, certain areas aren't, the problem will be worse next year when weeds 100% legal in FL.

Smoking in public areas is a psychological and design failure and its Universals fault entirely. An event where you can drink is going to have people smoking- they're borderline inseparable. Everybody's a non-smoker until they're two drinks deep. The solution is ADDING smoking areas. By saying, this area is for smoking, it serves a secondary purpose of the psychological implications that everywhere else is NOT.

The idea that Universal will ban smoking or limit event capacity to 21+ both are moves that limit income and will never happen.

Marijuana consumption proves the point on smoking overall. It's federally banned but go to any concert, Halloween event, etc and you're still going to see, smell and hear it being consumed. If Universal doesn't proactively move to make it clear that certain areas are where you smoke, certain areas aren't, the problem will be worse next year when weeds 100% legal in FL.
what areas? how many? what parts of the park would you put for smoking? ( just wondering)

what areas? how many? what parts of the park would you put for smoking? ( just wondering)
I've gone with people who have smoked at the event - IIRC the park at New York used to be labelled as an area. The area behind the HHN bar used to be a designated area I believe as well. You'd probably want one by the Horror Makeup show, Spongebob Bathrooms and Diagon Alley.
what are you talking about, man? this is just, unequivocally, not a thing.
Is is though? And Theres loads of Scientific articles to prove it. Social smoking has risen tremendously in the last decade.

Perhaps a better phrasing would be, there is a notible portion of non-smokers who engage in the occasional cigeratte/juul/vape in social enviroments where alcohol is present, i.e. concerts, bars, parties etc

I'm sure this isnt a thread for a full conversation, but I fully believe the discussion needs to go from complaining (not pointing fingers at anyone specifically) to the discussion of realistic solutions.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I don't think having designated smoking areas will genuinely make much of a difference - maybe during the day, but not at HHN.

(I'd totally be on board to just ban all smoking in all parks, everywhere. Or just ban smoking period)

The vaping has gotten out of control. The ease to bring it in and quickly take a hit whereever versus the trouble to actually light up a cigarette makes it way more ubiquitous. Back in the day I remember them yelling at you if you lit up a cigarette in line but with a vape its hard to track down unless a guest really pushes the issue. I don't get the appeal but also the lack of decency to not do something where you are blowing smoke in the face of people that are stuck being next to you. I wish universal followed Disney's lead and would ban it in the parks.

Funny story is maybe 15 years ago someone lit up a cigarette inside mummy queue and people started yelling at this guy to put it out. How stupid do you have to be to remotely think that is an ok thing to do.

Reactions: maxairmike